View Poll Results: Did you buy or plan to buy the new helm mogs?

Voters
598. This poll is closed
  • Yes

46 7.69%
  • No

488 81.61%
  • Maybe

64 10.70%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even being account-bound and usable by any class, I think they are too expensive. If they were $3-5 I would be a little more tempted. As is, I think the price is a little too steep.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may be cool, but nothing beats my Bloodvine Lens.

I've seen people wearing them in-game. The frost one is kinda neat how it changes from skull face back to your normal face. But even if I were compelled to buy one, I wouldn't. Paying one month of sub time on 1 transmog helmet just doesn't sit well with me.

No plans to buy any of those current 3 at this time at least. They're cool in a way, but none of them really fits my troll rogue. Might buy one later though, depending on new designs if there will be any.

I voted "Maybe".

They look nice, but I wouldn't spend real money on them. They don't even fit my sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Definetly not.

Steam summer sale is on bitches, get your priorities straight.

Deleted
    I had planned to buy the Eternal winter helm until I saw the prices and the fact that the skull doesn't stay around for long...

I really wanted the Rag horns for my druid... But $15 is absolutely outrageous for a piece of gear I only see if I open my character panel.
    To me, helms are the most inconsequential piece of gear - other people see your helm but don't care, and the person who does care, which is yourself, doesn't see it when you're playing normally anyway. To that effect, a helm isn't as important as the other pieces that you see all the time, like shoulders.

If they offered me a full set with animated helm and shoulders, I'd pay $15 for it if I liked it.
    If they offered me helms that properly conform to a race's face - chubbier panda skull, wolf skull for worgen, cow skull for tauren, tusked skull for troll, etc. - instead of lazy helms with the same clipping and polygon issues that in-game helms have, I might pay real money for them, but no more than $10.
    As is, these helms are really no specialer than any in-game shiny helm, and in fact the dark hood one is downright ugly, the skull one has so many clipping issues, and the horns... I lament, because I do really like the horns. But none of them are worth more than $5, and regardless whether it's cosmetic or vanity or not, I think Blizzard is being exceptionally greedy asking the cost of a month of gameplay for helms they slapped together with all the same clipping issues everyone hates when it comes to transmog. They could at least have made them fit each individual race better, they probably would have enticed more people with that feature and made up the cost of doing it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have never purchased anything out of the Blizzard store on general principle and these are no exception. The price of them is also ridiculous.

Anyway, I never show my helm on any character.

Had no interest, after seeing how the items haven't even been custom worked to fit on every race correctly, I've got zero interest in buying them, even for gold.

No. The helms look terrible especially on a tauren.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to do a whole lot more to give me a reason to justify dropping $15 on something they likely created in a couple of days but even then, it's not really going to be a unique item if it's going to be as popular, if not more, than their mounts which sort of undermines the value of such an item if you want to stand out from the rest.

Those who buy in to it are enabling them to pull off such bullshit price-gouging on top of their subscription model.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Those who buy in to it are enabling them to pull off such bullshit price-gouging on top of their subscription model.
    So so true.

How can a monthly subscription game have such a blatant cash shop... holy hell. People just eat it up. Anyway, no, i will never purchase anything out of their cash shop, more so whilst a subscription fee is in place.

15 bucks for a helm is too much, for that price I would expect an entire set for transmog no just a helm

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    I've got no sets that I want to use em with, not for $15 anyway. Maybe if they did a sale on em or something, but I don't like em enough to pay full price :P
    That's pretty much it for me. None of them really strike my fancy too much with any of the Xmog sets I've developed for my 11 characters. Add to that the cost when I don't find any particularly compelling, yeah, not planning on buying any.

That being said, I am perfectly fine with their presence on the Store, because I have the willpower to say "No Thanks" when I don't see something worth purchasing, but am fine if others like it, unlike all of the nerd raging drama queens posting on MMO.

Nope, not me. I just don't like how any of them look, and they are a tad too pricy (i might think differently about the price, if there was one I really liked). I've purchased a few pets, so I really have no problem throwing money around.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if I had other items to make a set with, at this time, no. Plus I've read about how they don't fit well, etc on some races. Not for me.

Nah. The price is too high for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorkin View Post
    No. The helms look terrible especially on a tauren.
    My Tauren wears an eyepatch. Sort of give him that Ajani Goldmane feel. Being Battlemaster and soon to be Khan and Warbringer.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Now that's just mean

I'm working on getting the blue sanctified set so it fits better.
    Would think for a Plate class, the White/Icy Blue recolor of the DK blue starting gear from Naxx 10/25 would work best with that particular helm.

My DK uses the red recolor of the set, since he's Blood, so that helm is just flat out.