10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    $15 for a xmog item. How pathetic. Yeah I'd vote yes on that vote kick.
    Have you been voting people with store pets, or Spectral Tigers? How about sparkle ponies or hell, people with fun cosmetic items that they likely Ebayed?

Naw. This stuff has been around for the better part of a decade, however someone wants to buy a little skull mask and it's game over.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    when you vote to kick someone, it says that the vote is accepted, but requires 4 more votes to kick the player. I've never seen any more than that.
    Takes 5 votes to start the kick

Deleted
    I can understand Players kicking other players that bought said helms. They are angry at blizzard, and they kick the other players to show it and for blizzard to take notice this IS NOT COOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    That's awesome! LOL
    how is that awesome?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Tyranny refers to a single person. It takes more than 1 to kick you
    So it won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Or you can look at it like a reasonable human being and understand that if a lot of people are buying them, they obviously feel like it's a fair deal. Simple as that. Blizzard makes money, people buy items they think are cool, both parties are happy. Totally clean and ethical business imo.
    It's not clean or ethical.

WoW is not a free to play; everything they do with that sub money should be returned to the player. Not "hey we're going to use your money to pay for this art guy, then sell you whatever he creates". The reason people are OK with being sold vanity items in F2Ps is because that is usually the only way that company generates money. They give you all of the real content for free. In most cases, you can even earn the cash-shop currency with GOLD. Yep. I can get minipets from GW2 with my character's earned gold.

It's also not a "fair deal". Have you played any other MMOs lately? A full set of very nice transmog armour will cost you LESS than a single one of these helmets. One art asset is not costing them that much to produce, so there is literally no reason to charge that sort of money for it. They could charge $2-4, make more people feel OK about it, and still make an absolute fucking fortune. The only motivation for charging $15 is pure greed. Plain and simple.

It's not about being able to afford them, or other retarded shit. I think most people paying £90 a year for a game can afford the cash shop too. This is about ethics and the trend that idiots who are paying for the privilege of being screwed by Blizzard are setting for the future. You think they'll carry on designing great looking armour sets (lol MoP tiers) for the game when they can start selling them to you instead with a $30 price tag? It wont happen tomorrow, but you'd have to be real dumb to think they'll never do it with this kind of white knighting going on everytime they pull some dubious shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Then why are you here?
    I have an interest and a personal stake in the industry, and unfortunately WoW does not exist in a vacuum. How people react to Blizzard's business practices paves the way for other games as well.

Now that I've indulged your curiosity, can we please go back to discussing the actual issue instead of me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Taking what back ? You do realise this is a 8 year old game that has always been built on sub ? not ingame store?
    And that 8 year old game is being destroyed. By an unethical entity named ACTIVISION/BLIZZARD (mandatory Bobby Kotick reference). The players SHOULD take back the game. ACTIVISION/BLIZZARD doesn't deserve it.

And that's exactly what's happening. Dubious stories about LFR kicks and 20 super-mad people on this forum is pretty strong evidence.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    This thread is actually pretty awesome entertainment. It's basically a repository for all the fantasies by impotent ragers of what a playerbase designed by them would look like.

Carry on, guys.

I almost wish I did like the helms, so I could buy one just due to this thread.
    You obviously didn't live in the days when some of the now Blizzard devs took down EQ servers when they saw a change they didn't like.

Takes 5 votes to start the kick
    ...that's what I said.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What part of, most people just blindly click yes, don't you understand? Other than the few morons who initiated it, probably none of those other people even knew the person being kicked had one of the new helms on.

I do not think you understand. majority rule means the majority voted in favor of it. I am not debating on WHY they voted. I am saying they voted for said person to be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wow.... a rebellion among the playerbase that is showing its desire to not see a Pay to Win cash shop by discriminating against people that buy the helms.

I must admit... this is rather fascinating to see occur.
    It would be even more fascinating if it were real, rather than a rage fantasy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So it won't happen.

You lost me there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    There's only two ways to flex your power against the company really. 1) Quit yourself. Doing so will send a message that they have to find a way to make up your $15 a month on someone else. 2) Refuse to group with / trade / talk to people that do support their business practices. Doing so will likewise show that they risk alienating their player base, but this time the people that their new practices target. Personally, If I kept getting kicked from groups due to an item I purchased, I'd either demand a refund or quit. It's not harassment, because it isn't up to the other players to form a group for me and accept me with open arms.

Players have the freedom to group with people they want to. That means they're more then welcome to not group with people who decided to make certain purchases. If someone wants to spend $15 on a helm, that's fine, I don't fault them for it. Likewise, I don't want to group with that person because I feel they are the reason that Blizzard is keeping on with their shady business practices. They supported Blizzard in making less content for the game, instead making content that will be sold to the highest bidder per se. Each new model on the store is one model not available in game. It took time, money, and resources away, no matter how small, to make. I personally will not support a recreational business model that puts profit above customers. Yes, it's a business, but putting those items as rare drops on any boss would have done more to keep me then slap it down for a $15 price point and hope I decide to buy it.
    I love grouping with people who try to boot others for stupid reasons. They are the first people to get kicked. I group with two tanks and three healers for LFR, and the second someone tries the stupid " boot so and so because there DPS is lower then mine" the person calling for the booting is gone. Go ahead, push to boot these people. I beg you

And people in lfr and lfd are use democracy to remove people they do not want in their groups
    Democracy implies rational thought & reasoned voting. It's more of a mobocracy. Or possibly a tyranny of the majority. Although you could argue that all democracies are those two things under the surface...

Apathy will win out in the end. If you think kicking people for paid transmogs is a good thing, enjoy it while it lasts.

Personally I think it's little different from kicking people for in-game achievements ("eww.. you've got 'the Insane' title? i don't want to play with a lifeless bastard".)

There are so many people AFK & actively avoiding contributing usefully to LFR, that wasting everyone's time trying to kick folk over such trivial rubbish seems pointless. Better to form lynch mobs for the people who're just autoattacking, /following others around, and generally being a burden on the group.

And those that wins the helmet in some Giveaway like on MMO should they be kicked too ? damn random player you had better luck than me, from now on i will always vote kick you if i see you in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    ...that's what I said.
    Ah I was saying it takes 5 to start the kick and the majority to get the kick to pass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nih View Post
    Screenshots? I don't think this happens.
    I've learned to not doubt the petty, idiotic things people do in this game...If you've heard it happen, it probably has, pathetic as it is that someone cares that much about how someone else spends their money.

And as for the "Fuck blizz kick the people that buy their shit, that'll show em" crowd, if you feel that strongly that Blizzard has taken the game in a drastically terrible direction...*points* that's the door, don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out. In all seriousness, it makes a stronger signal to them if you quit rather than booting someone from a raid group for a retarded reason. Do you honestly think they gave a shit if someone gets booted for a dumb reason? It's happened ever since vote to kick came in. Right up there with "I don't like your name /boot"
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by quackie View Post
    nothing wrong with being a douche to other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by quackie View Post
    that's awesome! Lol

"omg hao come the community is dead in wow guys. Must be lfr and lfd!"

if this really does happen, since i haven't seen it. i'd say the people kicking are jealous they can't afford one of those fugly ass hats. i can't fathom why anyone would blow 15$ on those personally.