Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yes, you're so immersed in your normative view you don't recognize when you're parading it. Chatting with your buds in the bar about that chick you nailed, or your wife/GF for instance. In much the same way certain conservative groups feel they're under attack at Xmas simply because others want an equal shake, you're offended because of one parade a year.

Sucks to you, what a rough deal.
    I never do the things you said - who the hell for that matter talks open mouthedly about who they had sex with for everyone to hear? I would never want someone to tell me or ask me these things about my private life, nor to overhear someone talking about it, gay or hetero. And what the hell does christmas have to do with it?

When do the Nazis and Hitler show up?

Don't start derailing the thread
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-20 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    When do the Nazis and Hitler show up?
    jews were forced to wear those stars, doesn't really apply to a voluntary decision discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I never do the things you said - who the hell for that matter talks open mouthedly about who they had sex with for everyone to hear? I would never want someone to tell me or ask me these things about my private life, nor to overhear someone talking about it, gay or hetero. And what the hell does christmas have to do with it?
    Gay people + Christmas = Half Life 3 confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Seeing as helm buyers are a very small minority, it is you who ends up filtered out of LFR/LFD, not the addon user.
    You know who's an even smaller minority? The people have gone non-linear in their rage over the helms. Those are the only people who would run such an addon. I'm one of the majority who's not buying the helm, but I don't care a bit that other people are.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I know what you were doing.
    It's called dramatic effect, or as you called it "drama lama".
    Point is that a few people have put themselves above other peoples rights and harrased them because they have different views on a matter.
    Now who's the people in fault? The people who violated other peoples rights or the people who chose to pay for sparklies they liked?

That's what it really comes down to and I hope the people that are behind these actions get a life long ban from wow (and other blizzard games), just because you're against something doesn't mean you have the right to take it out on other people that have different opinions than you!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop, right here, with the Nazi/Hitler stuff, please. Don't even let it begin.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    Gay people + Christmas = Half Life 3 confirmed.
    Preordered for the special hats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Oh look, divides. It begins.
    Yup. And ends after a week, when the tiny majority hopped up on rage burn out.

That is pretty funny. Cruel but funny :P

Weapons will be next, they'll be better designed and have prettier procs than Legendaries. The tears will be so sweet.

Fact is, the sale of these helms is a very minor problem (and I use the word "problem" loosely) in the scheme of things. And it's not like an overpriced vanity item just sprang up out of nowhere right here and now. In fact...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/...ngagement-ring
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=7347

February 2012, Valve started offering a $100 engagement ring in Team Fortress 2. Even though the game is F2P, does that really justify the price of the pixelated engagement ring you could gift to others? I see a $15 helm as harmless compared to that, honestly.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Yup. And ends after a week, when the tiny majority hopped up on rage burn out.
    And will pique if Blizzard continue to release higher grade (appearance) items exclusively on the cash shop. I implied it had the potential to be mishandled, and this is the first stepping stone. I will merely wait to see if it does go the full length of the river. If it does, an even bigger gash will be drawn. And yes the 'tiny majority' will likely just get annoyed with itself and leave.

Either way it's still not a good thing to have those people leave just so you can milk others less tight with their wallets short term. And trust me, that short term gets quicker and quicker the more you offer. Seen this happen in eeeeevery f2p MMO.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

You can be kicked from LFR for ANY reason, or none at all.... It's up to the people in there to decide that.

If you have a trinket they want, they can kick you
    If you have more health, they can kick you
    If you are being nice to them, they can kick you.

Is it petty? yes
    Is it a stupid reason? yes
    Is it against the rules? Nope

You just have to deal with people being jealous at you owning the helms, or because they are mad at blizzard for letting you buy things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    Weapons will be next, they'll be better designed and have prettier procs than Legendaries. The tears will be so sweet.
    Weapons would be interesting. I don't like the helms, but a really gorgeous (to me) weapon would definitely be tempting.

Weapons would be interesting. I don't like the helms, but a really gorgeous (to me) weapon would definitely be tempting.
    Yeah, bring it on. Especially if I can wear it on my head for everyone to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    And will pique if Blizzard continue to release higher grade (appearance) items exclusively on the cash shop.
    Unlikely. The rage over the Celestial Steed burned out (and it sparked just as many threads back in the day) despite Blizzard releasing more mounts.

The rage always burns brightest at the start, then the fuel exhausts itself.

Deleted
    They just want to tell him that he should have bought an weightloss/muscle powder instead.

True, but imagine the backlash. You can hide a helm, but you can't hide a weapon. That and you know how attached people are to their big pointy sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    And people in lfr and lfd are use democracy to remove people they do not want in their groups
    Most people vote to kick without even knowing the reason for the vote.... 1 or 2 arses are taking advantage of this to take out their jealousy at someone who has more money than them...

For that reason what you say isn't actually true.