Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fuck yeah make them a class! I want to play a goblin high elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    Fuck yeah make them a class! I want to play a goblin high elf
    typo! I have no idea how to rename a thread lol any help?

I wouldn't go so far as to say thriving, but between Allerian Stronghold and the Silver Covenant, I think there's enough that they could, for example, bring Alleria back to rally the remaining high elves as a racial leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    "still want" clearly infers that this is aimed to people that want or wanted high elves as playable.
    lolwut? It's asking if people still want them. This is aimed at people who both want or don't want them.

Oh no there are people who disagree with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say thriving, but between Allerian Stronghold and the Silver Covenant, I think there's enough that they could, for example, bring Alleria back to rally the remaining high elves as a racial leader.
    Maybe not, but is outstanding how they are the main field operatives/military of the kirin tor now.

Truth be told, I could not venture an opinion to which side Alleria would defer to. Everything she did she did for Quel'thalas after all. Where would her alliances lie?

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have two too many elf classes.

ALLIANCE TROLLS.

typo! I have no idea how to rename a thread lol any help?
    I'll fix!

(also for future reference you can report your thread and ask any mod to do it!)
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    lolwut? It's asking if people still want them. This is aimed at people who both want or don't want them.
    If I asked "do you still want to make love to your mother?" it would obviously be aimed to people with some heavy Oedipus complex. Do you have an Oedipus complex, Wazooty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We already have two too many elf classes.

ALLIANCE TROLLS.

I'll fix!

(also for future reference you can report your thread and ask any mod to do it!)
    neato! I'll make use of that (I'm very prone to typos)

Maybe not, but is outstanding how they are the main field operatives/military of the kirin tor now.

Truth be told, I could not venture an opinion to which side Alleria would defer to. Everything she did she did for Quel'thalas after all. Where would her alliances lie?
    A very interesting question, and I'm not saying she would for sure side with the high elves, just that that's an option blizz could play if they brought in alliance high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    A very interesting question, and I'm not saying she would for sure side with the high elves, just that that's an option blizz could play if they brought in alliance high elves.

Definitely! I "want" her to chose alliance, no doubt; but I'd be lying if I said it's the obvious choice. To be honest, the whole "WHO WILL SHE SIDE WITH!" deal makes me want to write fanfiction.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-07-21 at 03:43 AM.

Being a warcraft 3 player of course i'd love to see them, but i don't think we will see them till another big beyond the dark portal expansion. If only because blizzard needs a reason to add them and while their number on azeroth are very low, its been long enough for the ones alleria and turalyon disappeared with for there to be at least one example of an adult high elf- human hybrid wandering honour hold in hellfire peninsula, maybe theres an established and thriving high elf population on another world out there we just need to find?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want highelves really bad.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I think between Dalaran rejoining the Alliance and Alleria likely returning soon, it is more likely than ever that we could see High Elves as an Alliance race. However, it would be interesting to see how Blizzard would go about it. Whether they give them completely unique models from Blood Elves. Besides blue eyes, what other characteristics should they really have? They are, after all, technically the same.

But, it might be negatively received if the Alliance get a 'new race' that shares a model with an already present Horde race, unless Horde get a similar 'deal' and have an Alliance-lookalike race join them.

I'd definitely still like to see it happen some day, and story-wise Blizzard has made it clear that they want to keep the distinction between blood elves and high elves, it's just a matter of how they'd implement it in-game if they do.

Edit: Rephrased a few things.
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-07-21 at 03:39 AM.

There are a zillion other races I'd rather see playable before they do High Elves. We don't need more elves!

I don't think adding them would be a big draw for a new expansion, not much of a moneymaker.

10+ Year Old Account

I got the impression that this was the communities 'final verdict' on the matter...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Lor'themar detaches the elves from the Horde, patches things up with the high elves (because, really, it was Kael'thas' cock up, wasn't it?), reforms and rebuilds as a neutral faction, elves then choose Horde or Alliance à la pandaren. No real losses. No real gains. Sorted.

Yes I want high elves to be playable.

I wish people would finally stop requesting High Elves. It's not going to happen!

Any chance for reconciliation between the Blood Elves and High Elves went up in flames in the Purge of Dalaran. Vareesa is about as close as a racial leader the High Elves have, and she'd like nothing more than to personally murder every blood elf man, woman and child.

Only way we'd see High Elves be playable, is as an alternate shape for Human characters, starting in the Human starter zone. And that is never going to happen! Chances of that are the same for Blizzard letting us have undead elves with red eyes that start Forsaken, for those that want Dark Rangers as such.

Can they make it happen and fit lore? Yes, they can.
    Will they make it happen? No, never! Come on, surely you can see this.

Please.. Just stop asking for it, and campaign for something else.

Dryads for Alliance, woo!

If I asked "do you still want to make love to your mother?" it would obviously be aimed to people with some heavy Oedipus complex. Do you have an Oedipus complex, Wazooty?
    How do you know the person you replied to didn't want high elves at one point?

Oh, right.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    I've always wished they would add some variety to existing races in the form of "subraces" of sorts. Like playing as a broken draenei or undead elf. High elves could be used in such a way with night elves. Throw in some unique quest text for the first couple of quests and call it a day.

Would love to see sub races. Humans could have half elves. Draenei could have broken. blood elves could have something similar to the wretched. Tauren could have taunka. Trolls could have dark trolls. Night elves could have something like Satyr. etc

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Would love to see sub races. Humans could have half elves. Draenei could have broken. blood elves could have something similar to the wretched. Tauren could have taunka. Trolls could have dark trolls. Night elves could have something like Satyr. etc
    I agree except for dark trolls and Satyr. I think the dark trolls were wiped out by the twilight's hammer and aren't in the horde, and satyr are demons.