Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    That's easy Eredar. Can be done in at least three ways.
    1) Reformed Eredar. Broke away from the Legion. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    2) Undercover Eredar. Were forced to pretend to go along with the Legion but spent 25K years looking for a chance to escape. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.
    3) Original Eredar. Escaped Argus at the same time the Draenei did but independantly of them. Hate Velen for abandoning them and so join up with the Horde.

Besides I want a demon race. We already have playable undead, why not demons.
    No. Just no. I don't even want to try to refute you, it's just a horrible idea. Especially since we just got done with an Evil Horde storyline.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Pandaren, Tauren, Draenei, Worgen, and Trolls do not show the boot model on their character, even though they have boots equipped.

Draenei are not from Azeroth. Orcs are not native to Azeroth either.

I remember slaying a lot of Worgen and Goblins on my Alliance toons.
    Just wanted to say that boots do show on Pandaren.

I'd like to see the High Elves be part of the Alliance's playable races. Only thing is they'd be too similar to the Blood Elves and the Alliance already has an Elf race (Night Elves) so it would be a little too much elf in the Alliance, not that there's anything wrong with elves. The other ones OP listed are little too bizarre to be playable characters for Alliance. I think they are more NPC type of races, I just don't see a very good story coming out of say, the Furbolg, joining the Alliance. Only race I can think of that would make the most sense other than High Elves are the Jinyu and even they don't seem right to be playable.

As for the Naga becoming a playable race, to me at least, they make the least sense to be playable. They're an aquatic life form that depend on the water to live (I would assume). They may be able to stay out of the water and roam around on land for a while but it wouldn't make sense to have a Naga going on grand adventures without ever going back into the water. What would be the point in having those mermaid like forms then, why didn't Blizzard give them legs to walk on if they were going to be playable? I'm not saying anything bad about the Naga, they're cool, but I think it wouldn't make sense for them to be a playable race. Just because there are all these races in the game doesn't mean they're all playable. Some races were meant to just be NPCs.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-07-26 at 06:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Some races were meant to just be NPCs.
    Finally some sanity!

It seems incredible that something so simple can be so hard to understand by some people...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Finally some sanity!

It seems incredible that something so simple can be so hard to understand by some people...

I don't know. Shall I try it again?

High elves are not, and will not ever be a new playable race.

Do you finally understand? Finally some sanity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please for the love of god, no new races. Especially if our choices are just the ones people have listed...just...no.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The best solution would be to give to the High Elves a new model, different than that of the Blood Elves, as I explained here.

Mae Govannen...
    Daro an îdh sí! Sí na i veth, i veth naid bain...

Welcome to Quel'Athillien, a home for Quel'dorei (High Elves) and those who seek refuge in the North. Nestled in the mountains for many years, Quel'Athillien - which roughly translates to "High Mountain" - was the refuge for the elves who defected from Silvermoon City after the city had fallen into disrepair. Seen as traitors, those who wished not to defile their being with corruptive fel magics and who remained somewhat loyal to previous oaths, lived out their lives protecting the Greenwood forests of the northern Lordaeron borders. Originally, many of these Quel'dorei were wayward rangers who were under both guidance and protection of Quel'Danil Lodge to the east. It wasn't until some years later that Quel'Athillien thought to make its own sovereignty under the watchful eye of the royal house of Sunwhisper.

Under the house of Sunwhisper, Quel'Athillien found its own independence and once more Quel'dorei had an alternative home than that of Dalaran or Theramore. To keep peace and prosperity for her people, the Lady Phoenix (or Grand Duchess) of the royal house sought to make and maintain various allegiances within the Alliance. Those who shared her faith and sense of peace followed as she welcomed all races to her home - save for those who would seek to be the antithesis of her vision. Elves, men, dwarves, draenei, gnomes and worgen were given shelter and a new perspective on life.

Despite its golden age of enlightenment and many attempts to strive for objectively perfect peace, Quel'Athillien is not a home of strict pacifists. The Lord-Knight Velroth Sunwhisper oversees the protection of the land, its allies and its people. Being so near former Scourge holdings, Lord Velroth is on constant alert from any being - foreign or domestic - that would seek to supplant his home. His brother, Lurvantis, is the current leader of the Unicorn Knights, a regiment dedicated to defense of Quel'Athillien abroad.

Uh.... what's different about the model besides blue eyes and tattoos?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    furbolg alliance and naga horde.
    If naga went horde I would faction change in a heartbeat =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga just look stupid and would be close to impossible to integrate in terms of mounts, animations and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Uh.... what's different about the model besides blue eyes and tattoos?
    It is only one alternative representation of the same race, another way of looking at the same thing. For example:

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt High Elves will become a full fledged, simply thanks to Blood Elves.
    As it is, I highly hope for Naga.

But, I also hope for subspecies. And one for humans being half elf, your high elves model. As i am also for forest trolls (revantusk)

None of these choices are particularly inspiring to me. I don't want furblogs, I dont want naga and for the love of god I do not want high elves.

You know what would make sense to me though? Horde get hozen and Alliance get jinyu since they did align on Pandaria :P Each faction smuggles a little something back with them from Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Ethereals for Alliance. Ogres for Horde.
    Horde hates the Ogres, and want little or nothing to do with them after WC2. They're too violent, crazy, and stupid. Goblins don't give a shit about Ogres despite Hobgoblins are better and more trustworthy, but no faction likes Ogres.

Ethereals are a third faction group. They'll favor the Horde over the Alliance if they can get what they want.

If a Satyr and repent and reform, there's no reason other demons cannot.
    The Satyr are all corrupted jerks. I don't think there was one that's really a nice guy.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2013-07-26 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Horde hates the Ogres, and want little or nothing to do with them after WC2. They're too violent, crazy, and stupid. Goblins don't give a shit about Ogres despite Hobgoblins are better and more trustworthy, but no faction likes Ogres.

Ethereals are a third faction group. They'll favor the Horde over the Alliance if they can get what they want.

The Satyr are all corrupted jerks. I don't think there was one that's really a nice guy.
    There is a quest in Ashenvale about a satyr... Don't remember what it was about, but i think it was him ripping his own heart out to save a sick girl, thus turning back into a night elf because of the good deed he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    Horde hates the Ogres, and want little or nothing to do with them after WC2. They're too violent, crazy, and stupid. Goblins don't give a shit about them as long as they have some sucker protecting them, but no faction likes Ogres.
    Stonemaul* are already members of the Horde, so its not out of the question. Also if they are 'enlightened' Ogres like the Ogri'la then they would fit in rather well. Or if the Mok'nathal** were convinced to join the Horde and stop being so isolationist (though they aren't technically Ogres, but close enough).

Ethereals definately won't choose one side or the other. More likely as a neutral race.

*Edited from Dreadmaul - who are enslaved by the Horde. My mistake.

** There's even a few already in the Horde, such as Orhan Ogreblade and Rexxar.
    Last edited by Durandro; 2013-07-26 at 10:53 PM.

Where's the Arakkoa option?

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Furbolgs will be next, High Elves would basically be blood elf clones, Half-Orc wouldn't mix well and doesn't make too much sense (same amount accepted in the horde?) The tuskarr are more of a netural race and can't (lorewise) survive outside of cold climates.

You do the horde get ogres next being correct.

Except there is a Tuskaar in the "tropical" zone of Krasarang at the fishing hub for the Anglers. It's strange considering in Wrath it was stated they can't survive outside of Northrend. ;x There is also a second Tuskaar in ... I want to say Kun lai, in a little house along the ocean between the actual zone and Isle of Giants (Some where around there at least )
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I tought it'd be too unlikely. Thats why i didnt include it, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    One problem with Arakkoa are that they're ripped off from someone else's intellectual property. The degree they're in the game now is fine, but if they're ever made playable without a major retooling, it'll be too close to plagiarism for comfort.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    One problem with Arakkoa are that they're ripped off from someone else's intellectual property. The degree they're in the game now is fine, but if they're ever made playable without a major retooling, it'll be too close to plagiarism for comfort.
    Ripped of from where?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Ripped of from where?
    Jim Hensons Dark Crystal.

Which is why I usually suggest Apexis.

EJL