Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    So you never had a problem in stonecore during the 1st set of trash with a people dotting millhouse and when he runs to the 2nd pack pulling them also only to see one of the adds transform into that AoE stone shit storm?

or healing the 1st trash pack in Shadowfang?
    Haha yeah that was fun Loved those early prenerfed things. Had to pop all cooldowns to cope with one of those stonethingies and then prayed that there wouldn't be a stonethingy when we pulled the next pack.

Tho I must say that I think healing that particular situation was easier as a druid then as a paladin.

Deleted
    Cata heroic were quite hard, I remember arriving at the last boss in lost city with my discipline priest the first time. >_> oh god.

Deleted
    They were brutal. I remember giving up after finishing the lost city of tolvir with my hunter which had taken about 1.5 hours.

I abandoned wow for the longest period since i have started playing the game.

When i came back the LFR system had been introduced in Dragon Soul.

In general Cataclysm was a mess up.Blizzard took into account the insatiable whine of elitists about Wrath being easy and sometime between the patches decided to change course and not only that but they came up with the idea of LFR as well.

Talking about lack of strategy.

Deleted
    So you never had a problem in stonecore during the 1st set of trash with a people dotting millhouse and when he runs to the 2nd pack pulling them also only to see one of the adds transform into that AoE stone shit storm?

Nope, i just told everyone to interupt the Earth guy :P Easypeasy, just took a lot of mana breaks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Tho I must say that I think healing that particular situation was easier as a druid then as a paladin.
    yeah I had much less trouble with my druid in Cata

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Millhouse never pulled the second trash pack at release, maybe in beta, not release. Not in my groups anyway.
    Actually, that did happen in live. But that was when a wrong dot would be used. Seen it before, he runs away dotted and something spreads, pulling the next group. But has then been fixed quite fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Heroics were hard to the majority of WoWs playerbase. Which is the casual players.

Posed a decent challenge to all early on, and as we all know became increasingly easy as we got geared, aaaaand after they were pretty much nerfed into oblivion.

yes, cata heroics were hard. Became easier, but compared to Wotlk, and even now in MoP cata was deffinetly on the hard side for heroics -not counting DS heroics-

Deleted
    Paladins were OP at the start of Cata until the (I think) beacon nerf from 100% to 50%. Almost all ranks for 25 and 10man was holy paladin.

Also talking about heroics.. Heroic To4W was killed AFTER Sinistera due to being so fucking stupid (Can't remember if it was 10 or 25man)

Oh how I hated that boss on HC...

And the RnG on Council made that fight so fucking stupid.. hated that boss so fucking much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah that was fun Loved those early prenerfed things. Had to pop all cooldowns to cope with one of those stonethingies and then prayed that there wouldn't be a stonethingy when we pulled the next pack.

Actually, as playing a Holy Paladin and Resto druid.. I can agree. Back then, I had to sacrefice the lowest DPS so I could keep healing up on the rest of the group. Easier to heal 4 than 5 ^^. But again, that was when wearing blues, we're allowed to be mean.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Did not say we had problems. It just took longer. But seriously if you could do Shattered Halls with normal blues (while your 4 other party members were similar geared) without a fuss prenerf TBC heroic-style... (you do realise that these heroics were nerfed 2x right, 1 right after a month or perhaps 1.5 and the other much later) - I take my hat of to you sir
    We just had good coordination, i.e i'd always take a moonkin / shammy for offhealer if things were getting rough and then just took 2 mages and any old tank.

I'm not saying 5 man were "easy" so to speak, just not as difficult as people are making out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    We just had good coordination, i.e i'd always take a moonkin / shammy for offhealer if things were getting rough and then just took 2 mages and any old tank.

I'm not saying 5 man were "easy" so to speak, just not as difficult as people are making out.
    I found them easy with Guildies, we stormed through all of them easily.

Then I tried LFG, oh god...

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Heroics were hard to the majority of WoWs playerbase. Which is the casual players.

Yes, cata heroics were hard. Became easier, but compared to Wotlk, and even now in MoP cata was deffinetly on the hard side for heroics -not counting DS heroics-
    Don't get this fully. So you say they were hard to the majority. They were hard from any pov tbh. Tho the fact that you could do them easy in a guild/organised group is another story. They were harder then in WOTLK. And that makes them harder regardless of skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post

Alright I agree with you there. I am just argueing that they were vastly more hard then anything we have seen since then apart from early Cata heroics. I would give my left nut if Blizzard would go back to the early TBC 5 mans hardness (not talking about abilities that the mobs had, we have new skills so they should have new skills aswell)

Deleted
    I honestly miss the difficulty. I don't think I've had as bad moments as other people (I rarely wiped), but I liked how you had to use your brain to do stuff.
    It's ridicious that they had to nerf them, because most of the people I played with adapted to it, whether it be guildies or PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I found them easy with Guildies, we stormed through all of them easily.

Then I tried LFG, oh god...
    Haha yeah LFG was horrid at first. People had no clue whatsoever. Maybe elitist of me but I was very much a kicker of people who came in those groups with QUESTGREENS. I couldn't believe people would want to "leech" on a group who was already struggling due to not being accustomed to this CC thing or to eachother... now also have to deal with these leechers.

I remember soloing the first boss in BRC and then on the beauty fight I had to 2 man it with a healer as the dps died. That was fun

10+ Year Old Account
    They were quite hard. Especially given how much of the trash was balanced around the use of CC which was not always guaranteed due to Dungeon Finder. I found the trash harder than the bosses in most cases.
    Personally when it comes to dungeon difficulty I'd like to see Dungeon bosses as hard as those in Cata with the trash being like MoP. I believe bosses could do with being a tad more difficult if for no other reason than for there to a legitimate risk of dying if you do not execute a simple mechanic wrong. I liked being kept on my toes with the bosses, they weren't that hard but you certainly couldn't go against them without reading a little about them and get away unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I remember soloing the first boss in BRC and then on the beauty fight I had to 2 man it with a healer as the dps died. That was fun
    Haha yeah - good times. People just ran like headless chickens on that first boss.

Deleted
    Alright I agree with you there. I am just argueing that they were vastly more hard then anything we have seen since then apart from early Cata heroics. I would give my left nut if Blizzard would go back to the early TBC 5 mans hardness (not talking about abilities that the mobs had, we have new skills so they should have new skills aswell)
    I agree completely, there is no denying MoP heroic are pure faceroll for even pubs (and were at launch as well)

Deleted
    Looking back at Wrath...

2 heroics I know everyone loved and hoped would pop every time they queued... Halls of reflection and Oculus... I can't even remember why I hated Oculus but I remember the feeling I got every time I got it.

Looking back at Wrath...

2 heroics I know everyone loved and hoped would pop every time they queued... Halls of reflection and Oculus... I can't even remember why I hated Oculus but I remember the feeling I got every time I got it.
    HoR was that instance just annoying because you had so many timesinks inthere? Stupid Bran Bronzebeard with his "Inquiring minds just got to know!" comments? Don't remember that one being hard at all.

Occulus was annoying because people got lost on their drake mounts... Or they couldn't play those drake mounts at the end boss = unsuccesful pug. I didn't dislike it that much. I did dislike it from a point where all the tanks that the queue dropped into the occulus, would instantly leave. After a while I did so too cause I was wasting my time there.