Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I'm having trouble weaving in Nourish. I just can't seem to find the time to use it. Does anyone use it? I mean, it's low cost but it doesn't heal for that much and the cast time is just a second too long. Or maybe I'm just a bad healer, but I don't think in my honest and biased opinion.
    Nourish is pretty much a dead keybind for druids atm, the only possible use I have for it is chain casting it on the tank before the pull to keep Lifebloom/Harmony at max duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought so. I'm not using HT either, apart from the 2 piece T16 proc. Clearcasting keeps my Harmoney at a steady uptime, so there's no use wasting 2.33 seconds on Nourish. I've could've cast 2 rejuvs in that time.
    Ohio State Buckeye

I'm having trouble weaving in Nourish. I just can't seem to find the time to use it. Does anyone use it? I mean, it's low cost but it doesn't heal for that much and the cast time is just a second too long. Or maybe I'm just a bad healer, but I don't think in my honest and biased opinion.
    At the moment there is no reason to even have Nourish keybound. Any time you might consider using Nourish, there's always a better option. If you want a direct heal, Regrowth is faster with at the same mana efficiency (if glyphed). If you want a very efficient heal, Rejuvenation is much better. If you want an efficient heal on a target that already has Rejuvenation, casting Genesis and then another Rejuvenation is still more efficient than Nourish. If you just want a small heal, leave it to Ysera's Gift. If you just want to refresh Harmony, Swiftmend is cheaper. If you want to refresh Lifebloom, recasting Lifebloom is cheaper. If you want to do both, you can cast both spells in roughly the same time and at roughly the same mana cost as one Nourish, and you don't have to stand still to do it.

If you just want a filler when you have nothing better to do, a simple /dance costs no mana and is equally (in)effective.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Nourish is pretty much a dead keybind for druids atm, the only possible use I have for it is chain casting it on the tank before the pull to keep Lifebloom/Harmony at max duration.
    If you haven't pulled yet, there's no real reason not to use Regrowth. You'll have full mana again by the time the fight starts anyway and glyphed Regrowth will also get you a decent-sized seed on the tank.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought so. I'm not using HT either, apart from the 2 piece T16 proc. Clearcasting keeps my Harmoney at a steady uptime, so there's no use wasting 2.33 seconds on Nourish. I've could've cast 2 rejuvs in that time.
    Pretty much, it's more for the times when no one needs healing soon and I'm not at full mana that I'll throw a nourish out for a Harmony refresh, my Nourish is bound to 8 though, so that should tell you how much I use it.

Note I don't swiftmend then because I run SotF and that shit is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If you haven't pulled yet, there's no real reason not to use Regrowth. You'll have full mana again by the time the fight starts anyway and glyphed Regrowth will also get you a decent-sized seed on the tank.
    Nah, I mean I chain cast it right before the pull, if I did that with rejuv instead I'd be on ~2/3 mana from the get go as I mostly do it for something to do rather than wait between casts. Also that decent sized seed would likely wind up to be 90% overhealing between hots and shields on the tank although sometimes I do it for kicks :P.

I play Guardian/Feral and haven't healed since wrath but I want to get the healer title from proving grounds. What are the stat breakpoints I should hit? I've been saving resto gear that has max sockets per slot to maximize my stats. Any ridiculously broken trinkets I should aim for? How hard is this going to be?

Mana regen trinkets, spi / mastery build, 3043 haste breakpoint if you can but is not necessary, just takes time adjusting to the 10 wave cycle and then the increased damage from it.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Nah, I mean I chain cast it right before the pull, if I did that with rejuv instead I'd be on ~2/3 mana from the get go as I mostly do it for something to do rather than wait between casts. Also that decent sized seed would likely wind up to be 90% overhealing between hots and shields on the tank although sometimes I do it for kicks :P.
    Why chain cast? I just put a three-stack of Lifebloom up in advance, then refresh that with a Regrowth as the pull timer hits 1 second. Full duration Lifebloom for the tank, and I'll have that mana back before I have to actually cast anything, as most fights start with a few seconds of calm to allow you to get into position.

10+ Year Old Account
    So which are our BiS trinkets? That Pride trinket makes me really fuzzy inside, but the Thok and Nazgrim trinkets are looking very strong as well. Is it fight dependent, or are there 2 that are just flat out better than the rest?
    Ohio State Buckeye

So which are our BiS trinkets? That Pride trinket makes me really fuzzy inside, but the Thok and Nazgrim trinkets are looking very strong as well. Is it fight dependent, or are there 2 that are just flat out better than the rest?
    Nazgrim looks better than it is, and the int proc is essentially useless. Thok is good but often unreliable, and again the int proc is essentially useless. Thok has some use on heavy stacking fights (when you can be sure you always have cleave targets in range and you have enough HoT ticks flying around to make it proc semi-regularly), but other than that I'd say Samophlange + Prison should be your go-to trinkets. Assuming of course that they ever drop; healing trinkets seemingly never do.

Yeah I am beginning to think that they were put into the loot tables just to troll us, it could be worse the number of dps in my guild that roll a heroic war forged cloak on immersus nearly kills me with laughter.

I personally never use it. Its not even on my bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaroth View Post
    I personally never use it. Its not even on my bars.
    Proving Grounds only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazgrim looks better than it is, and the int proc is essentially useless. Thok is good but often unreliable, and again the int proc is essentially useless. Thok has some use on heavy stacking fights (when you can be sure you always have cleave targets in range and you have enough HoT ticks flying around to make it proc semi-regularly), but other than that I'd say Samophlange + Prison should be your go-to trinkets. Assuming of course that they ever drop; healing trinkets seemingly never do.
    Well that's disappointing, Samophlange is such a boring trinket compared to the others. Not that it's of any concern, I won't be getting any trinkets anytime soon. Done Sha nearly 10 times on LFR and Flex, never even seen anyone get the Prison.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Well that's disappointing, Samophlange is such a boring trinket compared to the others. Not that it's of any concern, I won't be getting any trinkets anytime soon. Done Sha nearly 10 times on LFR and Flex, never even seen anyone get the Prison.
    That's usually the way with healing trinkets. Every tier has a few boring ones and a few interesting ones. The catch being that the interesting ones appear to be designed by someone who has never done any serious raid healing, so something about them is screwed up enough to make them largely useless. The most common one being intellect procs instead of static intellect like here, but other classics include replacing static intellect with spirit at a 1:1 rate and healing procs that trigger once every two minutes for 90% overhealing.

Any time there's a trinket with static intellect and a spirit or mana proc/use effect, it ends up being best in slot. Not because it's good, but because everything else is bad. The only exception I can think of in the past two expansions is the Prismatic Prison of Pride.

Deleted
    just a quick question, I know there is a haste bp table with the PPP trinket but i cant find it right now. I used search but i should be very bad and didnt find anything.
    Can anyone link it again please? If someone have the % amplification per iLvl would be great too.

15+ Year Old Account

Divide the breakpoint value by whatever modifier you have on your current trinket.
    e.g. with a 2/2 upgraded normal PPoP you'd divide the breakpoint by 1.0755

I tried the Nazgrim trinket(heroic version of it) on Malkorok for about 30 mins worth of attempts, as healers passed it around because the orginal winner was not really satisfied with the numbers it did. I know 30 minutes is far from a blowtorch analysis, but if anything it serves as guiding.

During the time spent there, the trinket's "multistrike" only did approximately 0.9% of my healing, I was expecing it to do closer to 5.4% (16.4*0.33=5.412%), but it did FAR from the numbers you would imagine. This gap (0.9 vs 5.4) can only be explained by astronomically bad luck; OR the trinkets "multistrike" heal can only heal from a particular set of spells, and this particular set of spells seems to be a very bad selection for resto druids (perhaps it only procced off the instant heal component of rejuv, instead of having a chance to procc every single tick, <----- speculations based on the fact that it did 1/6th of my expectation, and the instant heal component is 1/6th of my rejuvenation healing)
    ^ I agree with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    I tried the Nazgrim trinket(heroic version of it) on Malkorok for about 30 mins worth of attempts, as healers passed it around because the orginal winner was not really satisfied with the numbers it did. I know 30 minutes is far from a blowtorch analysis, but if anything it serves as guiding.

During the time spent there, the trinket's "multistrike" only did approximately 0.9% of my healing, I was expecing it to do closer to 5.4% (16.4*0.33=5.412%), but it did FAR from the numbers you would imagine. This gap (0.9 vs 5.4) can only be explained by astronomically bad luck; OR the trinkets "multistrike" heal can only heal from a particular set of spells, and this particular set of spells seems to be a very bad selection for resto druids (perhaps it only procced off the instant heal component of rejuv, instead of having a chance to procc every single tick, <----- speculations based on the fact that it did 1/6th of my expectation, and the instant heal component is 1/6th of my rejuvenation healing)
    This behavior is specific to Malkorok. Your heals need to either heal or overheal in order for the actual Multistrike to proc (ie. it will never proc for 0 healing) and Malkorok converts all your heals to 0 heal, 0 overheal, 0 partial crit, X absorb. With that being said, Multistrike procs off of anything except Cenarion Ward and will result in a flat healing increase (look at it as "free mastery").

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    I tried the Nazgrim trinket(heroic version of it) on Malkorok for about 30 mins worth of attempts...
    Malkorok is an absolutely dreadful fight for any kind of healing metrics. The fight completely screws over any form of smart healing and completely misrepresents overhealing. That means that effective healing numbers from Malkorok are not in any way comparable to effective healing numbers from other fights. As in really really not even remotely comparable. Any data gathered on Malkorok is useless for any purpose, including Malkorok himself. Your healing numbers on the Malkorok fight say nothing about how well you actually did on the Malkorok fight, because the log doesn't differentiate between healing that was absorbed and added to a shield and healing that went into a full shield and was wasted.

Deleted
    Hello everyone!

I am a moonkin in our 13/14 nhc raid and was sometimes healing when we didnt have enough healers. Now I totally want to switch over as it seems better for the raid and am looking for some advice.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ADzzy/advanced

This is my healgear at the moment without any adjustments, yet. I know I have to reforge and gem differently etc. but the main questions I have right now are these:
    1. Is it worth it to go for the 13k haste breakpoint with my gear?
    2. Is it worth dropping the 2p t15 for the 2p t16? I have flex helmet+Legs and could exchange it. Or how good is the 2p t15 in general? to me it seems VERY good. When do we drop it? How good is the 2p t16?
    3. Is regrowth glyph still worth using?