Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    Anyone else notice that this guide is mostly from EJ
    I'm not out to re-invent the wheel here...I'm just here to keep it up to date with current information, but the essence of the guide comes from whoever originally put it together. I literally copy and pasted what was in Cambria's post when she was running it, and I'm sure she just took it over from whoever had it before and so on and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I never said throughput doesn't matter. I said it doesn't matter UNLESS your raid is dying to a lack of healing, which in your scenario they are.
    Unless they're getting oneshot, what else would they die from? Any time there's more than a GCD between someone being at 100% and that person being dead, they died because they didn't get enough healing in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    Anyone else notice that this guide is mostly from EJ
    Or it draws from the same sources as the EJ guide. No one is going to do all the math themselves, so any guide will have to draw from multiple sources. A little bit from blog A and a little bit from blog B.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 possible Trinkets imo that are worth using.
    Pride
    Nazgrim
    Thok
    Seigecrafter.

Now, I think in general pride and Seigecrafter are BiS for most fights. While Thok and Nazgrim are good for AoE fights.

What are some people's suggestions for which trinket to use where? I plan on acquiring all 4 and using them on a per fight basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in regards to gemming, is it worth gemming 2 mastery over 1 intellect? Such as, red = int/mastery, yellow = mastery, blue = spirit/mastery or mastery (assuming mastery/int socket bonus)

Deleted
    yes mastery should be preferable at current gear lvl.
    red = artful
    yellow = full mastery
    blue = dunno, spirit is quite valuable now with the new innervate. For the moment (3/14 hc 547 ilvl) im gemming full throughput.

On another note. How good is the new 4set? Assuming I use the wild growth glyph thats roughly 70K hp healing extra per Wild growth? That seems extremely insignificant to me? Especially if losing the old 2 set now actually is quite big with the effloresence change...

Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    yes mastery should be preferable at current gear lvl.
    It depends on your gear. There's no magic item level at which mastery becomes better; it depends on how much intellect and how much mastery you have. Mastery is likely to be better for you if the gear you have has relatively little mastery. If most of your pieces have mastery, intellect is likely preferable. I don't have any exact numbers, unfortunately. The math for optimizing it is rather annoying and not quite as simple as a breakpoint or an optimal int:mastery ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by zwaffelinho View Post
    On another note. How good is the new 4set? Assuming I use the wild growth glyph thats roughly 70K hp healing extra per Wild growth? That seems extremely insignificant to me? Especially if losing the old 2 set now actually is quite big with the effloresence change...
    The way I understood it was EACH person that WG hit would get the 25% SP heal, but I haven't tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    The way I understood it was EACH person that WG hit would get the 25% SP heal, but I haven't tested it.
    I guess his calculations are something like 0.25 * 46k * 6 = 70k.
    However, this disregards any +healing effects (like Naturalist) and Harmony.
    The exact effect has been calculated over at EJ, but the forums are currently down. I remember it looked pretty good.

I'm using the 13k BP, its nice, but i dont really know if the mastery build would be better (armory on sig)

What you guys think

EDIT: Also, what talents per fight? Im using SoFT and HotW pretty much on all fights (NV on some bosses)

Some logs here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hxnnfq10hp6w26o0/

I raid with 2 resto shamans, so mana isnt a problem yet, and this weekend we gonna start heroics.

I really appreciate all the help, srry for bad grammar etc.
    Last edited by lenwedruid; 2013-09-26 at 04:57 PM.

The consensus now is to use NV over HOTW almost universally. The main things that jump out to me from your logs are your low harmony uptime (78% on kills, really should be 95+%, even if you're not prioritizing mastery) and low lifebloom uptimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tritus View Post
    The consensus now is to use NV over HOTW almost universally. The main things that jump out to me from your logs are your low harmony uptime (78% on kills, really should be 95+%, even if you're not prioritizing mastery) and low lifebloom uptimes.
    Well obviously there are exceptions, Malkorok for instance, where you will be using your cooldown during his nuke phase, which will be happening only once, you are looking at 15% stronger rejuvs from NV(NV=40% rejuvs, - potential buff from HotW 25%, = 15%) ; and a 13% stronger tranquility from HotW (NV buffs tranq 12%, HotW buffs tranq 25%, = 13%) , out of the two I am inclined to pick 13% stronger tranquility --> HotW.

Keep in mind this is based on the fact that your raid sustains a dps that keeps him to only one enrage, something you can expect unless your average raider is a pirate.
    Last edited by Bzl; 2013-09-27 at 05:26 AM.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by tritus View Post
    The consensus now is to use NV over HOTW almost universally.
    ...except on Norushen, Galakras, Malkorok, and arguably Sha and dark shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    ...except on Norushen, Galakras, Malkorok, and arguably Sha and dark shaman?
    25% extra healing for 40 secs from HoTW on a 6 min CD or 12% + cleave with a 1.5m CD.

Personally on most fights I'd prefer the smart healing of NV, smart healing saves people more than people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    25% extra healing for 40 secs from HoTW on a 6 min CD or 12% + cleave with a 1.5m CD.

Personally on most fights I'd prefer the smart healing of NV, smart healing saves people more than people realize.
    Don't forget the 6% int on HoTW - that makes all your heals stronger throughout the entire fight. Harder to compare but still something to consider (though I agree, NV is quite nice and I'm using it far more this tier.)

When I spec out of HotW I get sad, I like my massive SP number on my char sheet

But, like usual, it depends on the fight. Just like SotF, Inc., FoN, all have their place. Well, except FoN IMO, but I will not get into that
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    When I spec out of HotW I get sad, I like my massive SP number on my char sheet

But, like usual, it depends on the fight. Just like SotF, Inc., FoN, all have their place. Well, except FoN IMO, but I will not get into that
    Now that you mention SP it has me thinking...I wonder if with 4 set (since it factors based on SP) if that might make HotW more on the same level as NV on an average fight where either would work but NV would be preferable. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    omeone told me that the Cleave trinket wasn't working correctly for resto druids. Anyone see problems?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    omeone told me that the Cleave trinket wasn't working correctly for resto druids. Anyone see problems?
    I'm using the warforged cleave trinket right now and it's really good for stack up fights. Like Thok for example, it'll do around 6.5% of my healing and that's a lot considering I'm pulling over 200k hps on that fight. Other fights however it's considerably lower so like it was mentioned a while back, it definitely has its place but shouldn't be used for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    Now that you mention SP it has me thinking...I wonder if with 4 set (since it factors based on SP) if that might make HotW more on the same level as NV on an average fight where either would work but NV would be preferable. Any thoughts?
    6% increase in intellect translates into a 4.25% increase in spellpower.

Wild Growth, with the 4set tier bonus, will have two healing components,
    Instant burst (25% of sp)
    HoT

We'll realistically be increasing both with HotW; but Instant burst (25% of sp) component first:

Given anyone with 40 000 spellpower, the instant heal will be 10 000 on 5(6) targets, to simplify I'll do the maths for it hitting 1 target, since the relative scale will remain the same since we are trying to figure out the relative increase.

with a 4.25% increased spell power pool, your spellpower will go from 40 000 to 41 700, instant burst healing will go from 10 000 to 10 425, we can quite easily see that you are looking at an increase of 4.25% of the burst component.

The HoT's spell power coefficient is 64.4%, base heal 6930; so
    64.4*40 000 + 6930 = 32 690
    64.4*41 700 + 6930 = 33 784.8

33 784.8/32 690 = 1.03349, so approximately 3.3% increase in the HoT healing.

The two combined you are looking at a grand total of 3.5600% increase in the healing done by wild growth comming from HotW's passive.

Natures Vigil provides 12% increase to WG for 30 sec, then 60 sec of no buff. The smart heal is only effective from all castables, swiftmend, rejuv and lifebloom (so NOT WG),
    WG healing with NG specced, using NG on cd, 3*1.12+6*1 = 9.36
    WG healing with no 90talent, for the same 90 seconds: 9*1 = 9.00

93.6/90 = 1.04, which means NG will probably give WG a 4% increase in throughput when NG is being used on cd, whereas hotw will passivly give WG a 3.56% increase just from the passive component alone, if hotw is used on cd (45*1.25+360)/(45*1+360) = 1.0277, 2.8% increase from active HotW by itself, the total addition to WG will be around 1.0643, or 6.43% to WG.

NG buffs WG with 4%, HotW buffs WG with 6.43%. In the matter of throughput, HotW stups NV on WG; but we kind of expected this to be the result because most of the effect you get from NG (25% of single target healing added as smart heals) does not apply to WG.

To answer your question, Aoroc, if WG makes up 30% of all your healing, with HotW that number will now be around 31.1%. The buff is relatively minuscule, so I would not think that it changes a whole lot
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    a bunch of awesome math
    Awesome, thanks man. Makes more sense to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post

It's 45 seconds, and you can't just divide that by six minutes to get the average uptime. On a seven minute fight you'll get to use it twice, for example. There's also the +6% int and stamina, which obviously stacks with the active effect. More important is when you get that boost. On a fight like Galakras, it doesn't really matter how many times you can pop your cooldowns in phase one, because healing shouldn't be a problem there anyway. What matters then is how much cooldown uptime you can get in phase two, and HotW wins in that regard.

The best approach is going to be to respec on a per-fight basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
    6% increase in intellect translates into a 4.25% increase in spellpower.
    Well, the exact number is going to depend on your gear and your weapon. If your weapon is better than the rest of your gear, that number will be lower. If your weapon is worse than the rest of your gear, that number will be higher. So the exact value of HotW depends on how lucky you are. Realistically, values should land between 3.5% and 5.0%. Doesn't affect the math all that much, though, considering that the conclusion was that it doesn't make much difference anyway.