Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Also arises the question of what Demon Hunters would 'do' in any subsequent expansion that doesn't feature many or any Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Demon Hunters are lame. 'Demon Hunter' is an occupation, not a class. Rather than introduce an entire class based off rogue and warlock abilities; why not just make a bunch of cool Demonhunteresque xmog sets and let anyone be a 'demon hunter'. Hell you could even lock them behind a Demon Hunter faction rep. Give some of the pieces 'use:' aesthetics which mimic metamorphosis and other cool demon huntery things.
    That would actually make for a pretty dang cool set of raid gear, or a set of gear that you get from some kinda long questline. Or challenge modes, even.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    And this quote is based on what, 10 years old Warcraft 3 unit description? May I remind you that Draenei at that time were miserable beings that we now call "Broken"

Lore can be molded into something new. Broken are former draenei. Demon Hunters have an unusual branch that practices demon magic instead of arcane to fight demons. Simple as that.
    Sure, the lore can change, but it doesn't change that for most of the playerbase, a demon hunter carries a VERY specific connotation, and if you take away THAT feature, it's NOT going to be considered a demon hunter in anything but name. You don't make an "engineer" class and not have it be based around tech/gadgets, you don't make a "paladin" class that isn't based around holy/divine power and inspiration, you don't make a "mage" that fights exclusively using bows and various trick arrows, and...yes, you got it, you don't make a demon hunter that doesn't use demonic magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    And this quote is based on what, 10 years old Warcraft 3 unit description? May I remind you that Draenei at that time were miserable beings that we now call "Broken"

Lore can be molded into something new. Broken are former draenei. Demon Hunters have an unusual branch that practices demon magic instead of arcane to fight demons. Simple as that.
    If you can name one demon hunter that relied solely on arcane magics I'll rest my case. Strangely enough we have seen more of this "unusual branch" of demon hunters than the ones just using arcane magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    That would actually make for a pretty dang cool set of raid gear, or a set of gear that you get from some kinda long questline. Or challenge modes, even.
    If it were up to me, I'd have a faction of Demon hunters not-unlike the Shado-pan taking the spotlight and doing their best to train Horde and Alliance heroes in the ways of Demon Hunting. I'd have a currency like lesser charms (demon souls?). The coolest aesthetic flavour item would fill the tabard slot, allow you to do a temporary metamorphosis-looking model change, and would come from something like the legendary questline (but not class specific). Then a lot of the current season and tier sets would have fel themed designs (blindfolds, kilts, glaives, tattoo transparency chest pieces, etc...)

End result: Your hunter, rogue, warlock, paladin, or whatever can all be 'demon hunters' if you're into the theme. All would look cool, and put their own spin on demon hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really want Tinkers more than Demon Hunters.

Besiddes, Demon Hunters are few in numbers as many fail their training.. Not sure how to explain suddenly having 200 of them in Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Shrine/Shattrath or such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Really want Tinkers more than Demon Hunters.
    Oh agree. Especially if the Tinker class came with the mechanical arm backpack. I think it would be a lot of fun designing tinkers to match each of the races' stylised technological design, too. So whereas goblin tinkers would look exactly as you expect, forsaken tinkers might have a more necrotech frankenstein vibe, and belf tinkers might have the floating arcane machinery.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I will prove by logic that there are no good arguments against the Demon Hunter as class, for a new expansion.
    There are no good arguments that can be proved by logic because logic doesn't play a big role. If Blizz want DHs, they will put them in.

The Arguments put forward include...

Warlocks and DHs share a toolkit, not just Meta but other spells.
    The two classes share a theme.
    Blizzard has expressed reluctance to share names between different classes.

The last two cannot be sidestepped...Blizzard either accepts it or not.
    The first requires Blizzard to redesign the DH so there is no overlap. In which case you don't have a WoW style DH. So why bother?

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    You're talking about the people who changed lore so a tauren could be a paladin, and went against micro transactions. If they want to sell a demon x pack, they will sure as hell make a demon hunter

as for rp. warlocks.. are more feared than demon hunters
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Where did all this tinker stuff come from ? Been mentioned a lot recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Where did all this tinker stuff come from ? Been mentioned a lot recently.
    It's a popular fan theory for the next class in WoW, discussed on a lot of boards. The supershort version of the theory is:

(1) WoW classes are based mostly off classes/abilities that appeared in WCIII. Tinker is one in WCIII that is yet to appear in game.
    gun toting class would balance things.

(2) In terms of game balance and loot rolls, there are already 3 cloth, leather, and plate wearing classes- and only hunters use ranged weapons. The game could do with another mail wearing gun-toting class- but it would need to feel really different from hunter.

(3) In terms of pure DPS, DPS/tank, and DPS/Tank/gealer hybrid class spec arrangements, the game could do with another hybrid class.

Put these things together, and a potential class which could check all these boxes would be tinker:

So, what would the point of playing a demon hunter be if it is completely different from what the established class in the lore of Warcraft is? Not to mention, to provide a demon hunter class true to the setting Blizzard would have to implement a method for them to go shirtless with blindfolds and warglaives. And that is next to impossible without severely breaking the in-game balance.

People would be let down and the mystifying image would be desecrated if provided with a class only sharing the name of the demon hunter they are so fond of. Don't beckon us to provide a good argument when you have yet to impart one yourself.

Deleted
    I will prove by logic that there are no good arguments against the Demon Hunter as class, for a new expansion.
    Did you really need to make 2 threads on something we'll not get ?
    And you're not proving a single thing, your coming with baseless assumptions and refuse to listen to another view than yours

Personally, im sure we'll not get an 12th class nor 4th specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Personally, im sure we'll not get an 12th class nor 4th specs.
    I think we'll probably get both, abeit not all at once. I think WoW can handle 1 more class. 12 is a good place to stop, though. 3 cloth, 3 leather, 3 mail, 3 plate.

After that, the way to go would be to entice players to new expansions not with entirely new classes, but with new specs, 1 or 2 at a time (kinda like how they added a 4th spec for druid, but no-one else).

Deleted
    Burning Legion with Kil'jaeden, Illidan and Demon Hunter class, nothing will sell more expansions than that.
    Hell, even i might come back for that and I hate curent WoW

Deleted
    I think we'll probably get both, abeit not all at once. I think WoW can handle 1 more class. 12 is a good place to stop, though. 3 cloth, 3 leather, 3 mail, 3 plate.

After that, the way to go would be to entice players to new expansions not with entirely new classes, but with new specs, 1 or 2 at a time (kinda like how they added a 4th spec for druid, but no-one else).
    if wow keeps on living, yes, your probably right, for next expansion ? Very much doubt it.

They have publicly stated several times we'll not get a 4th spec, druids legitimatly needed a 4th spec with the new talent system (and even before that imo).
    Which other class would honestly need a 4th spec, the same way druids needed one ?

Deleted
    Also arises the question of what Demon Hunters would 'do' in any subsequent expansion that doesn't feature many or any Demons.
    What do Death Knights do now that the LK is defeated? What about Monks in the next expansion when the Sha influence is defeated (and so the need to lessen emotion is gone)? Classes always lose their focus after their expansion, but the individuals will keep exploring and trying to do good.

I say remove demonology and replace it with demon hunter spec

Deleted
    [QUOTE=santa666;21860864]if wow keeps on living, yes, your probably right, for next expansion ? Very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    They have publicly stated several times we'll not get a 4th spec, druids legitimatly needed a 4th spec with the new talent system (and even before that imo).
    Which other class would honestly need a 4th spec, the same way druids needed one ?
    More or less agree; the splitting of feral was necessary, no existing specs require splitting.

The demand for 4th spec options is not one of necessity, and makes for a nice compromise short of adding new classes. Specs are all there really are, classes are just bundled specs- by adding specs one at a time instead of 3 at a time (in the form of new classes) Blizz creates new play styles, but reduces the pace of bloat.

Anyhow I don't mean to suggest they absolutely will do so; just that it's a decent alternative to adding new classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    What do Death Knights do now that the LK is defeated? What about Monks in the next expansion when the Sha influence is defeated (and so the need to lessen emotion is gone)? Classes always lose their focus after their expansion, but the individuals will keep exploring and trying to do good.
    'Monk' isn't an activity, it's a skill set. 'Death Knight' isn't an activity, it's a premise. 'Demon Hunters' hunt demons.

Much better, I think, to have a xpac where everyone hunts demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the OP just give up mid-way through this thread? LoL!

It is quite difficult to base the implementation of the Demon Hunter on good arguments. Everything we know about Blizzard class design and class decisions in recent years says that its not happening.