Poll: Do you like being able to transmog tier sets from other classes that wear same armor?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Arrow Facts of the eleven classes in-game & my conclusion for the new class coming.

There are currently eleven playable classes in-game:
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

---
    They perform these roles:
    ---
    5 Tank (Monk, Death Knight)
    5 Healer (Monk)
    7 Melee Damage Dealer (Death Knight, Monk)
    5 Ranged Magic Damage Dealer
    1 Ranged Physical Damage Dealer

---
    Roles that have never been added with a new class is:
    ---
    Ranged Magic Damage Dealer
    Ranged Phsyical Damage Dealer

---
    They wear these type of armors:
    ---
    3 Plate (Death Knight)
    2 Mail
    3 Leather (Monk)
    3 Cloth

---
    Armor that have never been added with a new class is:
    ---
    Mail
    Cloth

Each new tier armor design comes in a form of no class restriction in LFR or other difficulty.
    So it's just the mail users now being Shaman and Hunter, that is "losing" one tier design to copy from for transmog.

If transmog is important for you, then it might be important for Blizzard to "balance" it.

And since we have no new class of Ranged Magic Damage Dealer or Ranged Phsyical Damage Dealer..
    That's why I believe, we will see the next class to have at least one of these roles.

Also, I think it is important to remember that both the Shaman and Hunter share mail with agility, but does not share mail with intellect on.
    Shaman has mail with intellect, only for itself.

Based on this, my conclusion is .. we will see a new class that wears mail with intellect on, for dealing damage (either Ranged Phsyical Damage or Ranged Magic Damage), but I have great belief that it would be Ranged Phsyical Damage, because there is no class system that uses Intellect and Ranged Phsyical Damage.

Also, I have little faith they will possibly make a new special class of developing a way to deal Ranged Damage Phsyical - through the use of normal weapons like swords.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-24 at 05:54 AM.

Like the thread, but your poll is completely irrelevant to your topic. While I really like how you have thought thru all of those facts, Blizzard is more likely to develop a new class based on lore than on role balance. Just to spoil it for you: it's going to be the Demon Hunter. They might do melee dps and dark healer though (like the sith inquisitor from ToR).

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    Like the thread, but your poll is completely irrelevant to your topic. While I really like how you have thought thru all of those facts, Blizzard is more likely to develop a new class based on lore than on role balance. Just to spoil it for you: it's going to be the Demon Hunter. They might do melee dps and dark healer though (like the sith inquisitor from ToR).
    Hasn't Blizzard said that they will most likely not make a Demon Hunter Class, seeing as most of it's abilities are divided among Locks and Hunters. Probably better off not making a Demon Hunter unless it is revised in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    I agree with the poll, but can't delete it now. I agree with how Blizzard is more likely to develop a new class based on lore than on role balance.

But my suggestion here, is that those two actually meet at one point. As you suggest the Demon Hunter.
    I could imagined a Demon Hunter type class be able to wear mail armor, with intellect, and have a unique system.

Also couldn't the "deal Ranged Damage Phsyical - through the use of normal weapons like swords." work for your Demon Hunter?

I want to state that they might not call a Demon Hunter a Demon Hunter but create new class and lore, but could still have some core with hunting demons. My point is that, don't refuse people to believe in Demon Hunter cus of the fact it's called Demon Hunter and we have a Hunter. Lore and class names might change\alter, and still keep some of the class core, or just half of it.

So the point of Warlock and other classes have some abilities of a Demon Hunter, might not mean anything if the class is NEW with a different name but still be a class that hunts demon.

Anyways before I go off rail, I stand by my points in first post and this isn't a Demon Hunter discussion tho free to discuss that but yea.

I just think the other parts -than- the naming is important.

Such as Shaman only one with mail and intellect, Hunter only one with guns and bows.
    Shaman and Hunter is the only class that share mail.
    No class that has Ranged Melee with Intellect gear.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-24 at 06:18 AM.

The only classes I currently see for the next Xpac, that is if they do add another class, are Tinkers or Rangers. But there's a problem will Tinkers overlap with Engineering, and would rangers have enough disparity between Hunters instead of just being "Ranged Physical Dealer minus a pet."

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Hasn't Blizzard said that they will most likely not make a Demon Hunter Class, seeing as most of it's abilities are divided among Locks and Hunters. Probably better off not making a Demon Hunter unless it is revised in some way.
    There are plenty of ways they could make the class unique. Can't wait to see what they have come up with. Remember, Metzen said they already have rough forms of the next 3-4 expansions sketched out. Does anyone doubt that a demon hunter class release is in there somewhere? It's the only class that they have developed in the lore that isn't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    there is no class system that uses Intellect and Ranged Phsyical Damage.
    Because that makes no sense.

Keyword, unique.
    Not in name, but class mechanics and style, please.

Like a class that wear mail with intellect stats on and uses ranged melee to fight enemies.
    NO class has that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. People who advocate for Demon Hunters are simply fanboys who don't understand how Blizzard structures classes, or the importance they place on class distinctiveness. The roadblocks to a Demon Hunter class are so numerous and obvious that its amazing that people still say it has a remote possibility of becoming a class in the game. It doesn't.

Deleted
    Firstly. Really what is it with the polls people make on these forums. I don't think anyone has an idea of how a poll should be constructed, and this one just has nothing to do with the topic.

On topic, I really don't think we'll get a Demon Hunter class, it would cross over rogues, warlocks and to an extent hunters far to much, Blizzard have already said they want classes and specs to feel unique from each other. People have suggested a tinker class, which while I like the sound of, I think it would cross over with engineering far to much so I also think that's off the tables.

I'd bet we're not gonna see any new classes or races next expansion, one after that maybe new races. But I don't think we're gonna get a new class anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only classes I currently see for the next Xpac, that is if they do add another class, are Tinkers or Rangers. But there's a problem will Tinkers overlap with Engineering,
    LoL! No they don't. None of the Tinker (or alchemist) hero's abilities exist in the Engineering profession.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    Because that makes no sense.
    Of course it does.

Hunters used Intellect before!

Very difficult to whip out another Physical-Ranged class(that uses bows/guns/xbows) without it seeming like a Hunter rip off, we already have the Beast Master, the Survivalist(I think this says "Hunter" the best) and the Marksman. What else could you really add?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Firstly. Really what is it with the polls people make on these forums. I don't think anyone has an idea of how a poll should be constructed, and this one just has nothing to do with the topic.

On topic, I really don't think we'll get a Demon Hunter class, it would cross over rogues, warlocks and to an extent hunters far to much, Blizzard have already said they want classes and specs to feel unique from each other. People have suggested a tinker class, which while I like the sound of, I think it would cross over with engineering far to much so I also think that's off the tables.

I'd bet we're not gonna see any new classes or races next expansion, one after that maybe new races. But I don't think we're gonna get a new class anytime soon.
    Why don't you also reply to my topic? Instead of someone changing it over to Demon Hunter?
    I never ever mention Demon Hunter in my topic if you read it, please But you are free to discuss what you want.

Would just be GREAT to actually get some feedback on my whole conclusion with having a ranged melee with mail that has intellect on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! No they don't. None of the Tinker (or alchemist) hero's abilities exist in the Engineering profession.
    I know that, but most people might just look at it and think that the overall theme and say "Engineering should be a prof not a class!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Very difficult to whip out another Physical-Ranged class(that uses bows/guns/xbows) without it seeming like a Hunter rip off, we already have the Beast Master, the Survivalist(I think this says "Hunter" the best) and the Marksman. What else could you really add?
    Physical-Ranged Class that does NOT use bows.
    But uses swords and other weapons, throwing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world is the poll about?

I feel like Tinker would come in greatly, and I'd love to play one. Int Mail could work for both ranged and healer, while Agility Mail would serve as their tanking gear.

Keyword, unique.
    Not in name, but class mechanics and style, please.

Like a class that wear mail with intellect stats on and uses ranged melee to fight enemies.
    NO class has that.
    You can't have ranged melee... they are the opposite. Melee is close range, and ranged is generally define as "At a distance".

Also, Hunters originally used Intellect stat (Which I really do miss). Enhancement Shaman's also used Intellect as a stat.

So, the proper wording would be to say "No one has that anymore."

Also, as a simple request, could you knock off the italics? It's not really pleasing to my eyes. I don't speak for everyone however.

Deleted
    Why don't you also reply to my topic? Instead of someone changing it over to Demon Hunter?
    I never ever mention Demon Hunter in my topic if you read it, please
    I did read your topic, it's pretty much the same as every other topic on new classes.

New class is gonna wear mail blah blah blah, must have intellect blah blah blah. It's nothing new, it's all been said before.

My point was that, while yours may be true, the two classes people suggest that would fit into these Armour roles would be demon hunters and tinkerers aren't really that likely.

Sorry if my response wasn't written to match you're thread exactly, once you read one "new class" thread you've read them all.

Very very very very rarely anyone who actually reply to my conclussion.
    They just start talking about class names that I never mention.

No one challenge me in term of a class that uses swords and other weapons instead of guns, as melee ranged, throwing them or whatever.
    While using some basic mana with a advanced extra resource system as you wear mail with intellect on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I did read your topic, it's pretty much the same as every other topic on new classes.

New class is gonna wear mail blah blah blah, must have intellect blah blah blah. It's nothing new, it's all been said before.

My point was that, while yours may be true, the two classes people suggest that would fit into these Armour roles would be demon hunters and tinkerers aren't really that likely.

Sorry if my response wasn't written to match you're thread exactly, once you read one "new class" thread you've read them all.
    I never heard anyone mention a class that uses swords as melee ranged, throwing them instead of bow.