Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would have done something similar (maybe a good kick) because you should always assume a wild animal is carrying rabies and/or tetanus and countless other diseases and I'm not taking that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

One racoon? Theres hundreds!
    bwahahahahaha! funniest gif ever!

Raccoon's are dangerous rabies spreading disease bags. If one was attacking my Dog you'd bet your fucking ass I'd kill that little shit. I dunno if I could be so nice as to throw it down a flight of stairs though. My Dog means everything to me, if she's in danger whatever's attacking her won't survive the attack (Mostly because she's a German Shepherd and not too much would be stupid enough to try and take her, but partly because I would just rageface all over the assailant.)

Well I'd probably have done the same, animal cruelty is a bit overboard though I feel sorry for the poor raccoon as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm an animal lover and despise animal abuse - but considering the circumstances, the guy did the right thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Animal abuse would be harming the domesticated animal, not the wild animal.
    Are you fucking kidding me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed at the raccoon flying down the stairs and you can see its eyes...

I would kill anything or anyone to protect my dog

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    I would had gotten a wooden plank and try to hit him unconscious, then regret I am a violent person and try to help it, it wakes up, scratches my face, and hit him again. I can't care about animal rights when my pets life is at stake.

Can't be helped.
    Never, ever touch a wild animal, especially something like a raccoon or fox. The treatment for rabies isn't as bad as it used to be (getting the medication pumped straight into your gut via syringe) but it is still something that I never want to catch. Not to mention the fact that if your dog gets bitten by a raccoon and it catches rabies, it is getting put down and you can't do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    LMAO I laughed my ass off watching that!

Really fucking sucks, the repercussions he's getting. It's a wild animal attacking his pet, what was he supposed to do? Ask it to kindly leave his dog alone? I am seriously getting tired of these animal huggers! I would've thrown it down the stairs and then shot the damned thing when it landed.
    Could you STFU about animal huggers please? They make far more sense than you, considering your ridiculous contribution on that other thread (where people called you out).

Quote Originally Posted by Stankin View Post
    bwahahahahaha! funniest gif ever!
    My favourite bit is the glimpse of the shining eyes at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My favourite bit is the glimpse of the shining eyes at the bottom.
    What you didn't see was the horde of raccoons that stormed his house when the camera was turned off and ate him

Deleted
    At that moment of time I doubt most people would think whether it's right or not to act the way that man did.

There's no animal abuse here, he defended his pet from a wild raccoon that was attacking it.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-07-26 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Props to the guy. Hell even PETA gave him a pass on it lol.

If you point a weapon towards a raccoon and yell would it have the same thinking or reaction as a person would ?
    No, so he took the only approach he could at a moments notice, to get distance between the raccoon and his dog.
    It was not willful violence, but a spontaneous instinctive reaction.
    If he had left his dog without intervening, then I have no doubt he would have the same ignorant crowd would have called him out for animal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Props to the guy. Hell even PETA gave him a pass on it lol.
    PETA actually sticking up for a pet owner ?
    Has the world gone mad all of a sudden ?

I thought a core principle behind PETA was that pet owners were evil, in any animal in our care suffers from not being free and therefore should be put down.

Definitely not animal abuse, was defense.
    I'm not sure if I would have done exactly the same, but I definitely would've grabbed something and hit it a few to force it to flee or run away. Probably killing it if it showed no signs of fleeing.

(Just got top comment on that video as well, ugh, the responses I'm going to get...)
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-07-26 at 02:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I'm an animal lover and despise animal abuse - but considering the circumstances, the guy did the right thing IMO.

Are you fucking kidding me?
    I'm certainly not. In this instance, harming the pet would be considered animal abuse, not harming the wild animal. He has every right to do whatever necessary to protect his pet.

Had he tortured it, we'd be talking a different story. I would not have hesitated to shoot the raccoon on the spot. Same concept as a stranger attacking my child. I would kill for the members of my family, to protect them, and the family dog is a part of the family.

We've finally found something everyone agrees on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Oh, gosh.
    That's hilarious @@

Deleted
    I don't expect animal rights activists calling this animal abuse. I simply can't think that they're the ones doing this. Aren't those the people that consider pets your friends/companions most of all?

Would you protect your friend from a nasty attacker? Of course you f****ng would! I think that the people saying this is animal abuse are very very very stupid people, regardless of being animal lovers or not.

The guy did the exact right thing. Get the racoon as far away from the dog as possible. Try to hold it still would not be a good idea since he could get bit, or his dog could jump in again. I can't imagine a more smooth way to handle the situation than throwing the racoon away, since that's what any sane person would do when protecting their friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    My stomach hurts from watching it fly like a frisbee. Also I would have done the same thing as the guy, maybe even finish it with my sword and turn in its head for a quest ~_~
    Knowing rng, it would not drop a head.

I live in Louisiana, We have a bunch a raccoons around here, they are very smart. I even knew a few people who kept them as pets....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose