Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And this is exactly why dogs domesticated humans.

i had to wire my trashcan shut last night to stop a raccoon getting into it. they may look cute and all, but raccoons are dangerous and can be incredibly violent. i have no objection to them living, but they belong nowhere near people or pets
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Raccoons are highly intelligent and damn good scrappers. Many people just under estimate them, thinking them to be defenseless dumpster divers.

Raccoons can easily kill dogs and cats in fights. The ones they can't physically beat they outsmart, like luring bigger dogs into water and climbing on their heads to drown them.

His reaction was fine. I'd have done the same at the very least in defense of my pet. Had he let it play out, he'd have been burying his dog the next morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I salute the guy in the Video. I don't know if I had the courage so quickly to jump to the dogs rescue.
    Now for racoons. That's a funny thing. Being German I knew them only from the zoo in Germany. We call them "Waschbaer". We consider them very cute and adorable.
    When I came to the US one of the first things I've noticed was all the countless dead racoons on the sides of the roads at the Interstate. I was like omg. It was heart wrenching.
    All these cute little guys. Well I was new here, what can I say. I didn't grasp reality just yet.
    Reality... Racoons are bears. Predators. Small ones at that, the smallest bear in fact, but still predators. They are - depending on the region - a pest.
    You don't want them on your property, since they can wreck havoc. They can hurt you pretty bad too. They are infested with bugs and what not. And they are not lone wolfs either.. Where there is one, there are usually more. If you don't get rid of that one racoon, chances are that you soon face a whole family of racoons.
    They can cause extremely dangerous situations as well. I personally have been in one before.
    Was helping a friend of mine fixing a leaky roof on his house. There was a dormer on the roof with a very wide overhanging roof on itself. This was way up near the top of the main roof, and we had to work there to fix the leak. What no one saw was, that at the very peak underneath that dormer roof a racoon was hiding, and sleeping. They are night animals. We disturbed it there with our presence. The damn thing charged out of it's hiding spot, almost knocking us off the roof.
    So yeah.... My views about racoons changed quite a lot... They are still cute to me, but I will fight them off my property with all tools available to me. They are actually a positive example for having a gun at home. I don't have one, but having a gun significantly trivializes the fight against intruding coons..
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-07-26 at 12:11 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Raccons are good for 1 thing:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

One racoon? Theres hundreds!
    Oh my god, I can't stop laughing and I feel so bad for it

OT: Not animal abuse, he was protecting his dog. Should he calmly carry that possibly rabies ridden raccoon down the stairs and gently put it down? I would have done the same.

Deleted
    It's the way the raccoon spins as it's being hurled down the stairs almost like in a cartoon. Highly entertaining.

Deleted
    Lol, protects animal, gets accused of animal abuse. Nice.

I've punched another dog in the head before, I was out walking my 2 dogs and some idiot had left their dog outside with the gate open, not sure what kind of breed it was, but it was big, it ran full pelt towards my collie and pinned her down and had its teeth around her neck, my other dog was trying to help but he's small and cowardly, I had to lay into it hard before it retreated.

Luckily my dog got away with just a few scratches and a bit of a limp, I'm sad that I had to attack another dog, but I'd probably do the same thing again if it came to it, and so I bet, would most of the people calling this guy cruel.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

One racoon? Theres hundreds!

That is awesome.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised to see that this was Kevin Rose from the old Screen Savers show on TechTV.

Glad to see everyone can agree on something for once.

I don't know that I would have picked it up and tossed it, but I would have done something. I'm horrible in a crisis though, and I'm not afraid to admit it, lol. On the other hand I have a Rottie and a German Shepherd mix, so I would hope the raccoon would have had the sense not to fuck with them.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Wild animal vs domesticated animal. Animal abuse would be harming the domesticated animal, not the wild animal.
    I agree with what you say, dearest Fluffy Kitten, BUT, animal abuse does actually refer to wild animals as well.

In this case of course... not quite the same. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the raccoon lived.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Wonder if the raccoon lived.
    I would say it's highly likey.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was too nice..

I would have just flung its head against the stairs to kill it. Need the corpse in order to make sure it didn't have rabies.

Deleted
    I would have done the same. He was brave to pick it up.

Deleted
    top comment :-
    The Racoon "Want some of this?"

I almost Pissed myself laughing at this.

I would have punted that thing into the cement wall if it was on my pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicer then I would have been.
    I'd have stepped on its head and popped it like a grapefruit.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rabbit got killed by a fox if i got to it in time i would have kicked it as hard as i could have >.<