Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    5.4 can only help the game, so i honestly dont think wow will go below 7m subs Until at least halfway through the next expanison.

A patch will not fix 600k subs, hate to break it to you. The next expansion will be the deal breaker for Blizz, if they produce a product that resembles and plays more like it once was they win, if they keep trying to implement new things for the sake of improving the game, the subs will continue drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripwire View Post
    A patch will not fix 600k subs, hate to break it to you. The next expansion will be the deal breaker for Blizz, if they produce a product that resembles and plays more like it once was they win, if they keep trying to implement new things for the sake of improving the game, the subs will continue drop.
    What? Blizz SHOULD be trying to improve the game. But those changes should be obvious improvements, not band aid fixes.

Imo what the game needs more of right now is group content/world events/dynamic questing/graphics improvements, we went from having very little solo content to a LOT of solo content in the space of one expansion. The game has a ton of subs, but the game is starting to feel less and less like an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    What? Blizz SHOULD be trying to improve the game. But those changes should be obvious improvements, not band aid fixes.

Imo what the game needs more of right now is group content/world events/dynamic questing/graphics improvements, we went from having very little solo content to a LOT of solo content in the space of one expansion. The game has a ton of subs, but the game is starting to feel less and less like an MMO.
    Enter Virtual Realms.

With VR, Azeroth will be fully populated over all its content, no matter if there are 10 millon or 100.000 players.

So playerwise, the hate boys no longer even have an argument. They know it, so they concentrate on some fluff items in a cash shop that existed since 8 years already.

Blizzard has all the tools in hands right now:

1. Most expanded MMORPG.
    2. LOTS of revenue per year supported by a fixed subscription and fluff stuff as extra for the hardcore fans.
    3. A new multi platform game that will support WoW Lore and will promote combo play, Hearthstone.
    4. A dynamic ALWAYS populated world through VR.

So the shake out in the other MMORPG's that went free to play with MUCH LESS proven revenue...is almost over.

5. Up to Blizzard to fill in the HUGE possibilities of these filled open worlds in the next years.

The future is here for the grabs really.

Blizzard is the only one left with enough resources through subs to make it true.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-08-05 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Enter Virtual Realms.

With VR, Azeroth will be fully populated over all its content, no matter if there are 10 millon or 100.000 players.

So playerwise, the hate boys no longer even have an argument. They know it, so they concentrate on some fluff items in a cash shop that existed since 8 years already.
    GW2 already has fully populated over all its content. Instead of coming up with increasingly convoluted ways to avoid realm mergers they just went and made the whole game relevant content. So with VR i can go back to Duskwood and see more people there? Great news!! The thing is tho why would i got back to Duskwood? Why would i got back to irrelevant content? 90% of wow content is pointless when at max level. All VR will do is magnify the problem CRZ brought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    How is it going to be interesting if it will be a "free to play garbage"?
    Not all f2ps are garbage games by default.

However all current f2p/b2p MMOs ARE garbage. I'm sure I'll be argued against as it's most logical that even garbage has fans but, for the vast majority of players, they indeed are.

Hearthstone is not an MMO so it can be f2p and not really junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post

However all current f2p/b2p MMOs ARE garbage. I'm sure I'll be argued against as it's most logical that even garbage has fans but, for the vast majority of players, they indeed are.

Rift is pretty good atm, I was surprised. The rest are kindof hit or miss depending on your playstyle (and SWTOR is simply annoying to deal with as a f2p player, unless you play the game very casually).

GW2 I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Wow does offer you more than (most) f2p mmos in terms of overall content (if you consider all of the content from previous expansions) but that is to be expected for a game as old as wow is, with a subscription model.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-08-05 at 08:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    well the PROOF is out there. No matter how hard you want to harras me.

An 11 year old NCSOFT subscription game - Lineage 1 - made TWICE the money in the first quarter of 2013 as GW2.

So in less than 4 months a modest and OLD subscription based game made DOUBLE the revenue as a rather new GW2 WITH cash shop included.

That's the balance sheet of how things are going with games without subscriptions. Data come from NCSoft themselves.

Also your "Gw2 subs are still growing" is a laugh isn't it because it simply has ZERO subs.

but it shows your extreme hate towards the number one anway.
    U clearly didnt read anything any of us have said *sigh*

Comparing the incomes of games means NOTHING.

Did u get that... NOTHING!!!!

What the fukk does it matter if a game takes 10billion per week or 10bucks?

Games are designed to exist with totally different gaming models. GW2 runs on a very minimal income, IT WAS DESIGNED THAT WAY. And Wow is designed to rake in millions per day... ITS DESIGNED THAT WAY.

GW2 doesnt have to pay off a milllions of shareholders, Wow does.

As usual u show us all that u know NOTHING about comapny finances, and more importantly, u know NOTHING about the video games industry.

Please for the love of god refrain from talking about finance... thats why u got banned last time.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-08-05 at 10:29 AM.

Of course you are right.

The resources of an MMORPG are directly related to their revenue model. As MMORPG's simply need huge expandable worlds and vast amount of continents and adventures to travel through with unseen polish and quality support.

That's the difference between having a an in game Philharmonic recording to set the mood of a zone and some cheap Casio recording playin in the background by a one fingered chord.

That's the difference between having clunky movement and hampered GCD's and fluid responsive combat.m

That's the difference of having HUGE pet and mount systems with endless background loading continents to wade trough instead of cheap loading screens and hoops to jump through with fake fast traveling.

That's why resources in MMO's count and EVERY game out there is set to make revenue, or it would not even exist.

That's the HUGE advantage WoW has over the free to play designs and that is a big one.

In fact ... so big, that not one free to play or buy to play will ever catch up.

Because in the end people pay for long lasting QUALITY and quality simply has a price.

How do you come to that conclusion? Would be great if you could define by what scale they are all garbage.

Say Age of Wushu? It has 20 million users in China alone. Garbage?
    Say GW2? It has sold over 3 millions copies and is about to be released in the east. Garbage?

Or are you like Benbros? Any non Blizzard game is garbage by default no matter how many millions of people enjoy playing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reason WoW is losing a *few* subscribers is most likely people moving on. I quit for 3 months a while ago just because it was the same thing every day. LFR Tuesday. Raid Weds/Thurs. Dailies every day. Level alts on days between. People might just be getting tired of it. For me personally I still enjoy, re rolled to a new classs (Hunter) and having a blast. Still play on my other 90's too. Blizz keeps it fresh with new content always being talked about and on the rise. People might be cancelling their subs and preordering PS4's..... Xbox One is obsolete...