Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like the old saying goes.."If you can't beat them!.......................Download Oqueue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    Like the old saying goes.."If you can't beat them!.......................Download Oqueue.
    Can't find any rbg teams at all. Download oqueue.
    1. We only want 1500+ rating
    2. We don't want your melee ass
    3. We don't need any melee that's not a dk
    4. We seem to be afk, so don't bother asking for invite
    5. We are full
    6. We only invite russians.

Finally a group after 2 hours of trying to get into one. No communication, no tactics, massive fail, group disbands.

Deleted Oqueue.

OQ probably saved casual pvp in WoW. Without it RBGs would be more of a joke than they are now with some servers not even fielding teams. I usually have 3-4 people from random PvE servers in my OQ groups and these players would be forced to pay for server transfers to large PvP servers in order to find groups. Without premades Alliance would have like a 35% win rate. Pretty much every win I got as Alliance was because either I used OQ to join a premade or because there was a premade on my team. Even then 5 people sometimes cant even carry the bads on Alliance. Just watch Bajheera or Soda or Nick do premades and still lose a lot because Alliance is so bad they cant carry them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Finally a group after 2 hours of trying to get into one. No communication, no tactics, massive fail, group disbands.
    Deleted Oqueue.
    Joined "Yolo no Vent" group then complains no one communicated.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-07-28 at 09:44 PM.

I've been solo queuing for IoC and winning all day (on various alliance characters).

I don't think it's oQ; I think it's horde players who've just given up trying to win.

The alliance groups call out incoming at the initial rush, so if the horde hit docks a bunch of people head over there to defend it (and similar for WS). No voice chat needed.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried oqueue, but the AddOn works like garbage.

Five thousand invites send and receives per second, and no one ever accepts anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I've been solo queuing for IoC and winning all day (on various alliance characters).

I don't think it's oQ; I think it's horde players who've just given up trying to win.
    From personal experience on Horde side the vast majority of Horde PvP players have AV and IOC on Blacklist on principle of being awful or alliance favoured. if anyone joins these days its probably the bots/undergeared.

5. We are full

My experience as well. OQ seems to be massively overrated. First time I entered it I lost rating compared to my guild's RBG team.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    My experience as well. OQ seems to be massively overrated. First time I entered it I lost rating compared to my guild's RBG team.
    You are comparing a guild RBG team to using OQ? Thats the problem. OQ was made for casual PvPers to be able to do RBGs without having to move to a large PvP server or to put together premades for regular BGs again for people who arent in large PvP guilds.

Although I have beaten plenty of same guild RBG teams with OQ pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and how do you think he want to do that?
    its just a few groups of 5 that sign up at the same time. and there is also a change they might not get into the same bg.
    There are a number of changes to the queuing algorithm that could ruin simultaneous queuers. Like "if players X, Y and Z are together in a random BG, do not let them all end up in the same BG again for N days." You could run in an OQ group once, then you'd be effectively locked out from those people for a long time.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Wait, there are people who actually queue for IoC ?!
    Well if you are Ally then yes, you queue for Call to Arms IoC as much as possible, you milk that baby like theres no tomorrow, because currently IoC and AV are the only BGs that Ally wins more than Horde...

15+ Year Old Account
    5. We are full

Deleted Oqueue.
    Oqueue isn't random dungeon finder where it accepts you based on being a tank, heals or dps. Most groups that care about their rating (even a low one) wants specific classes and 2-3 healers. Make sure you have your PVP gear equipped as well when you login as well. Having it show a 522 ilevel is a red flag that says you probably don't PVP.

During prime time I can find a group in maybe 20-30 minutes. Late night or early morning it's possible I may never get one. Also if you join the no voice groups there's a strong chance you won't win.

5. We are full

Deleted Oqueue.
    Make your own group. Problem solved.

There are a number of changes to the queuing algorithm that could ruin simultaneous queuers. Like "if players X, Y and Z are together in a random BG, do not let them all end up in the same BG again for N days." You could run in an OQ group once, then you'd be effectively locked out from those people for a long time.

If Blizzard did this tons of people would quit. Who the hell wants to play random BGs with nothing but bads on your team?

15+ Year Old Account

The alliance groups call out incoming at the initial rush, so if the horde hit docks a bunch of people head over there to defend it (and similar for WS). No voice chat needed.
    Horde sucks at Isle. 3/11 this weekend which is good. Literally the moment you join there are 5+ people saying "oh god, this again?, another loss!" etc.
    Good luck getting them to listen to a winning strategy, ever.

I haven't set foot in that god forsaken battleground since wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after you were utterly slaughtered by a 40 man premade you decided to immediately create a thread on MMO-C ranting about that one 40 man premade you'll most likely only see once in a couple of months, unless you're extremely unlucky.

I have in my whole WoW career only seen 1 single 40 man premade, which was a full 40 man premade from one specific realm with the previous addon that allowed more than 5 people to queue for a BG.

I did get randomly into an IoC with a CTG premade yesterday. It was an even more gruesome slaughter than the other games I was in.

Interestingly, the CTG strategy was for some alliance to head to hangar. We ended up wiping the horde there, and took the trifecta of hanger + WS + docks. Pretty darn hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    If Blizzard did this tons of people would quit. Who the hell wants to play random BGs with nothing but bads on your team?
    Sounds like rated BGs are what you want. Or maybe they could set up random BGs into which only premade 5 man groups would queue, facing other such groups.

But you wanted to form premades to kill single-queued opponents, didn't you? The twinks would like to laugh derisively at your predicament.

Or maybe they could set up random BGs into which only premade 5 man groups would queue, facing other such groups.
    This would kill BGs. They added this to Rift and now people are only allowed to Q with 1 other person or else they get hit for hour long queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    This would kill BGs. They added this to Rift and now people are only allowed to Q with 1 other person or else they get hit for hour long queue times.
    Again, the dire warnings of the twinks are echoing in your statements. If group queuing dies in that situation, it was because people were group queuing in order to farm their disorganized opponents. ZERO SYMPATHY.

Deleted
    ehh... I use Oqueue since it came out and I never ever saw a premade larger than 5 for PvP. I call bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    ehh... I use Oqueue since it came out and I never ever saw a premade larger than 5 for PvP. I call bullshit
    You, sir, are a liar.

If you've never seen a premade group in oQueue bigger than 5 people, then you have NOT been using it since it came out, because when it came out, that was pretty much the ONLY thing it was used for.

I'd bet any amount of money you don't even KNOW when oQueue came out.