Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    That seems to be Blizzard's mentality too, and its led to them watching 4.3 million players 'move on'.
    do you know it was that for that reason people quit. 4.3 million letters/emails saying why they quit?
    no you don't.

Deleted
    Legendary's aren't prestigious anymore, I loved aweing at someone with Dragonwrath back in 4.2 and now Im forced to accept every tom, dick and harry will be running around with a legendary 608 cape

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsmaniac View Post
    Legendary's aren't prestigious anymore, I loved aweing at someone with Dragonwrath back in 4.2 and now Im forced to accept every tom, dick and harry will be running around with a legendary 608 cape
    Yet Dragonwrath was wielded by every Dick, Tom and Harry as well. Even on my not so raider-heavy realm.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    How about this: make legendaries guild-only. Getting one requires a huge effort from the whole guild, raiding, various crafting, questing and whatnot. But here's the thing, the finished legendary (weapon) would not belong to a single character, it would be the property of the guild. One character at a time could borrow it for raids and stuff, but in the end the legendary would always be returned to the guild vault. Nobody could take it and run.
    Except for the guild leader. There's also raids that aren't composed of a single guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by dartsmaniac View Post
    Dragonwrath was easier and less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except for the guild leader. There's also raids that aren't composed of a single guild.

Dragonwrath was easier and less time consuming.
    And everyone ended up getting Dragonwrath.

The only Legendary approach I've liked (aside from the MoP one) is Valanyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Statistically speaking, yes, the item is Legendary for its item level and the level you can first start weilding it.

...however, it does not make YOU personally be considered "Legendary" by other players (and by yourself)... which I feel is honestly what the OP's problem is about.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Yea that's about how our guild looked like in BC. If you could wield it, whether or not you wanted to use them, you had a set. Hell we had warriors with them for shits and giggles. I don't remember when they stopped with hunters duel wielding, but if it was after BT I'm sure they had them too.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I count 96 warblades in that photo.

Considering that, chances are, both of them didn't drop at the same time - and taking into account times these people ran when they DIDN'T drop...

That photo represents at BEST (if both blades dropped at the same time, and not counting no-blade drop timers) a combined total of 2 years and 4 months of weekly raid lock-out timers.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Statistically speaking, yes, the item is Legendary for its item level and the level you can first start weilding it.

...however, it does not make YOU personally be considered "Legendary" by other players (and by yourself)... which I feel is honestly what the OP's problem is about.
    I haven't considered any players with any orange items ever in the history of this game to be "legendary".

The idea that rarity is tied to legendaries in this game is just a misconception that needs to die.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like the OP and others like him just got finished watching this:

Nowdays legendary will not feel like 1/10000 of what It felt back In Vanilla/TBC or even Wotlk,
    In vanilla the ones with TF or Raggy were considered amazing, their name was known for the entire realm, and not to mention Atiesh or Ashbringer...
    In TBC for example a wielder of the warglaives Is just a beauty to behold, same as Wotlk's Shadowmourne.

Its not like It was, It never will be, the Old World of Warcraft Is gone, Nowdays It transformed Into World of Casualcraft, where you get gear with no effort, where your skills mean nothing, and your realm means nothing because of LFG/LFR/Cross-Realms, the Realm-Social part Is gone, and with It the thrive to be a special snowflake.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Its not like It was, It never will be, the Old World of Warcraft Is gone, Nowdays It transformed Into World of Casualcraft, where you get gear with no effort, where your skills mean nothing, and your realm means nothing because of LFG/LFR/Cross-Realms, the Realm-Social part Is gone, and with It the thrive to be a special snowflake.
    So, do you play the game to have fun, or to show off in front of your capital's bank? Unless that is what you consider fun, in which case, I think we found the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Nowdays legendary will not feel like 1/10000 of what It felt back In Vanilla/TBC or even Wotlk,
    In vanilla the ones with TF or Raggy were considered amazing, their name was known for the entire realm, and not to mention Atiesh or Ashbringer...
    In TBC for example a wielder of the warglaives Is just a beauty to behold, same as Wotlk's Shadowmourne.

What?

By Sunwell, everyone that could wield Glaives in my raid comp had them. Same with TFury and Sulf by the time we finished BWL.

The good guilds that stuck together like mine considered it a normal part of getting best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    So, do you play the game to have fun, or to show off in front of your capital's bank? Unless that is what you consider fun, in which case, I think we found the problem.
    What can be fun about everyone having the same shit? Then you are just everyone else. This causes lack of immersion in character which was the main selling point to the original World of Warcraft. Items created prestige, yes, but they also gave a character an identity. The identity's of players on a realm created a community which was the whole point of a MMORPG. WoW has now turned into a single player beauty contest, there is very little actual interaction between players these days.

Just curious to see if you can find a few people that only ran ToT LFR, never normal or heroic, and currently has the epic 608 cape (or even without the upgrade). It would lend credence to the "every tom, dick and harry will be running around with a legendary 608 cape"

When in the cycle would you see "every tom, dick and harry will be running around with a legendary 608 cape", as soon as 5.4 drops? One month after 5.4 drops? more?

When do you expect to see, let's say... 30% of the "LFR Heroes" with the legendary cape?
    Last edited by the; 2013-07-30 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added the "without the upgrade" part -- in case that would cause contention

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that the orange color and naming scheme would suggest otherwise.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. That's why I hope next expansion goes back to the "legendary tied to the tier" system instead of this "legendary tied to the expansion" system.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by the View Post
    When do you expect to see, let's say... 30% of the "LFR Heroes" with the legendary cape?
    I predict you will never see 30% of LFR heroes having the legendary cape. What does it buy them, after all? Access to a single world boss. Whoopee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I agree. That's why I hope next expansion goes back to the "legendary tied to the tier" system instead of this "legendary tied to the expansion" system.
    I hope legendary items are abandoned entirely.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    There is only one Excalibur. The rest are just foam knock-offs.

snip

worth the infraction. but its straight to the point.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-30 at 09:35 PM.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.