Poll: What will you do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

theyve already got quite a few done by now, if they intended to release them in waves they wouldve done so by now. doesnt make any sense not to ship them all out at once at this point
    Wouldn't make sense to do it in waves. Safer for Blizzard to go all pre-cata first to avoid people going, "Hey! Where's our update!" or as some would say, "ZOMG WTF BLIZZ!? Srs?.. No updates still? WTF! I pay for this shit and no update?" /rage quit. ((Sorry for making such an example, but that is lately how some threads have become. My apologies. As well, it hurt trying to write like that.. is that normal?))
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-07-27 at 12:33 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wouldn't make sense to do it in waves. Safer for Blizzard to go all pre-cata first to avoid people going, "Hey! Where's our update!" or as some would say, "ZOMG WTF BLIZZ!? Srs?.. No updates still? WTF! I pay for this shit and no update?" /rage quit. ((Sorry for making such an example, but that is lately how some threads have become. My apologies. As well, it hurt trying to write like that.. is that normal?))
    exactly, im also pretty excited to see how they handle the death knight skins. they could actually add more varity to them like exposed bones or more rotted looking flesh.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    I had actually thought that they would use the new-models as a selling point to the next expansion?
    Wouldn't be surprised if you have to buy the expansion just to see the updated models.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    up until mists we had to pay for new races through expansions. so its not impossible for them to require the next expansion to drive sales
    The thing is though, I think they'd be more focused on reducing losses rather than boosting next expansion's sales at this point. I can see them using something like model updates before next expansion to keep people enticed and to potentially bring some people back. 7.7 million is one of the lowest numbers we've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if you have to buy the expansion just to see the updated models.
    Considering they will probably replace the old ones completely, it makes more sense to release them with the pre-patch. It's much like the new 1-60 world in Cataclysm, really: An update to something that we already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't wait to see what they do with the night elf casting animation for the male model. I don't have many Alliance characters but a night elf mage with a fireball to the face isn't that appealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    If they will charge for the new models I will fucking kill someone.
    I'm sure that would be business suicide in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I just can't wait to see what they do with the night elf casting animation for the male model. I don't have many Alliance characters but a night elf mage with a fireball to the face isn't that appealing.
    I have a feeling that the model updates will be at least 90% to do with updating the textures/smoothing out the edges. They've said that they want people who've played the same character/model for up to 8 years to feel alienated from their characters; and I think if they were to completely change some races' animations, that would certainly be the effect.

That said, I fully hope that with Worgen females, for example, they go completely back to the drawing board or go back to the alpha model. I'd also love if they removed the hunch on Worgen males, but I won't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I have a feeling that the model updates will be at least 90% to do with updating the textures/smoothing out the edges. They've said that they want people who've played the same character/model for up to 8 years to feel alienated from their characters; and I think if they were to completely change some races' animations, that would certainly be the effect.

That said, I fully hope that with Worgen females, for example, they go completely back to the drawing board or go back to the alpha model. I'd also love if they removed the hunch on Worgen males, but I won't get my hopes up.
    We haven't seen the actual orc model, but Garrosh' skeleton has way too many animations for a raid boss. Wink, wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    We haven't seen the actual orc model, but Garrosh' skeleton has way too many animations for a raid boss. Wink, wink.
    Garrosh new model and animations shown on mmo-champion, didn't show everything.

You can see Garrosh have a Orcish running animation updated, it's sweet. Monk's healing too.