Poll: What are your feelings on Hit & Expertise?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Reforging does, however, serve as a semi-mandatory gold sink, and the game certainly needs (more of) those.

My initial thought is, "What are they going to replace all these potentially-removed stats with?" People want hit/exp gone. Others want dodge/parry gone. Both groups cite "not being interesting" as the reason for removal. What stats should be added to the game so we don't just end up with stam/str/int/agi?
    Is it necessary to add more?

You don't add stats in a game, just because. You add them because you need them to serve some gameplay purpose.

I don't understand this obsession with having lots of stats. Stats are means to an end, not an end in itself.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-07-30 at 07:23 AM.

It's time to remove Pokemon.

Obviously reforging could be made a lot more interesting than it is. What's with all the doomsaying about chasing one stat? Wouldn't it be great if you could reforge all of a stat, and reforge that stat to something that was already on your gear? If you could actually build towards haste plateaus or crit softcap as a short term goal instead of "well maybe in heroic gear in the final tier, if they don't make weird trinkets and proc weapons" then wouldn't that be much more exciting than the current state of half-baked mediocrity? They don't need to add another stat, three DPS secondaries is already enough for six different gear types. Even so, maybe they could make Spirit do something for DPS specs. Or Crit Rating for tanks, besides Druids and maybe Warriors. Free up the item budget for more procs, who knows.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

should really just be combined to have 1 stat. Something like "avoidance" a boss will have a base % with a hard cap floor where he is going to avoid an attack. having 2 states focusing on the same question "can i hit this mob" is silly.

It needs to be in reworked but not removed as you shouldn't have lev 1 being able to hit raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    It needs to be in reworked but not removed as you shouldn't have lev 1 being able to hit raid bosses.
    That's bad reason for not removing it. You could simply "bake in" +15% hit rating for everybody which would mean capping max level characters but doing nothing for level 1's trying to hit raid bosses. Besides why would they? Level 1's would die on any and all AOE abilities instantly anyway.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    It is just a pain in the ass especially when you waste almost 1k of secondary stats for something stupid. Ppl saying it would make the game easier, heck everyone and their mother uses programs and addons to tell you what to do anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    That's bad reason for not removing it. You could simply "bake in" +15% hit rating for everybody which would mean capping max level characters but doing nothing for level 1's trying to hit raid bosses. Besides why would they? Level 1's would die on any and all AOE abilities instantly anyway.
    Raid bosses con as level 4s to a level 1 anyway. They are able to hit regardless.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"