Poll: What are your feelings on Hit & Expertise?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would rather the caps for hit and exp were unattainable, either by setting them high or with diminishing returns. That way its a choice to get closer to not missing or go for one of the other stats.

Bad rng is the only problem with that, but I think it would make them interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    I think it is time to remove Hit and Expertise requirements from the Game. Blizzard often stresses the importance of making the game feel fun, which I strongly agree with and this change will do just that. Having to tweak your hit/expertise is boring and takes away from the more fun stats like crit, haste and mastery. I still believe there should be a small chance for a mob to dodge, parry or be missed by your spell, but this chance should scale automatically depending on the level difference between you and the npc.

I have spoken to quite a number of people in-game about this and most tend to agree that hit/expertise requirements are an unnecessary feature, considering the way the game has evolved over the years.

Edit: This suggestion is NOT about making the game easier, it is about making it MORE FUN.
    Your edit actually contradicts what you are saying though. If we were to remove this then everyone would just stack stat x and gg... Hit and Expertise are to balance the fun stats. The game would be pretty bland if not for these 2 stats.

Yeah remove hit and expertise. All it does it cock-block you from tweaking the stats you want because you have to do those first. The only thing that bothers me a little would be that you automatically are guaranteed to hit your enemy. There's something more interesting about being able to miss once and a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    I would rather the caps for hit and exp were unattainable, either by setting them high or with diminishing returns. That way its a choice to get closer to not missing or go for one of the other stats.
    That's a pretty interesting solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Seeing how Askmrrobot is a really shit optimizing tool, yes.
    Trying to optimize your gear, to see if you will need a drop over someone else at a certain point during progression. Making temporary BiS lists, seeing what Gems/Enchants you need for a piece of loot(so you can do it on the spot and not waste time going back between bosses) and knowing what you will have to replace to make it an upgrade.
    Yeah, that's fun to me. That's part of RPGs, the loot. "In nearly all MMORPGs, the development of the player's character is a primary goal."

Please explain to me how gradually reducing the number of stats that add depth and complexity is fun... If anything they should add more, more stats that impact your character and not only by changing their damage output but having a choice for another play style.
    So remove hit/exp and replace it with actual interesting new stats that actually do something?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Your edit actually contradicts what you are saying though. If we were to remove this then everyone would just stack stat x and gg... Hit and Expertise are to balance the fun stats. The game would be pretty bland if not for these 2 stats.
    Hit and Expertise are what makes the game exciting for you? Dafuq?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah remove hit and expertise. All it does it cock-block you from tweaking the stats you want because you have to do those first. The only thing that bothers me a little would be that you automatically are guaranteed to hit your enemy. There's something more interesting about being able to miss once and a while.
    You only miss sometimes when you dual wield and your auto attack misses Or when you stun a MW monk.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Removing them is pointless.

Merging them however, might work. (Accuracy)

I don't see ANY reason why expertise and hit rating are two separate stats in the first place.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for removing them. They are "mindless" stats. Just cap and forgot. (Very much like spell pen, that was removed for that very reason.)

It's a PITA when leveling too. Having important attacks miss through no fault of your own sucks.

The only problem is, if mobs benefit from this change too, we could have a hard time soloing old content.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since they removed armor pene they might aswell remove expertise and hit. I prefer haste and crit on my gear rather than having to reforge those and waste dps. Might aswell remove boss dodge and parry chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't want to see more stats disappear. I will forever miss Armor Pen stacking.

the only change i would make is that points after cap give a slight damage buff, maybe .25% for every 1% over, this would make going over less annoying
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by nottashot View Post
    Personally I don't want to see more stats disappear. I will forever miss Armor Pen stacking.
    that was a STUPID stat. good riddance.

Remove hit/spirit/expertise caps and reforging becomes less of a tool for experimentation and more of a "I want more pewpew!!11!!" tool. The caps are there to keep stats in check and allow for a bit of a gap for new 90s to learn. It also helps with reforging and overall makes sense. As you say OP, you shouldn't miss a big boss. Don't look at the boss' size, look at his level, he may be incredibly powerful and able to dodge your abilities, which is the point for the cap.

*Edit* The system is fine.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-07-27 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be boring and less fun without them.

I like working out the best way to reforge my gear, without hit and exp it would be far too easy like it is for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    I think it is time to remove Hit and Expertise requirements from the Game. Blizzard often stresses the importance of making the game feel fun, which I strongly agree with and this change will do just that. Having to tweak your hit/expertise is boring and takes away from the more fun stats like crit, haste and mastery. I still believe there should be a small chance for a mob to dodge, parry or be missed by your spell, but this chance should scale automatically depending on the level difference between you and the npc.

I have spoken to quite a number of people in-game about this and most tend to agree that hit/expertise requirements are an unnecessary feature, considering the way the game has evolved over the years.

Edit: This suggestion is NOT about making the game easier, it is about making it MORE FUN.
    according to the poll results fewer players want to continue the downward spiral into face roll that you suggest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

For all I care they can completely remove it. I think it's pretty annoying that you have to recalculate your reforge everytime your hit/exp value changes and nobody can tell me that this is actually a fun mechanic that adds something to the game.

Deleted
    They could probably stay as long as you actually have to think about it again, like item upgrades, you actually had to think about what you wanted to upgrade, most likely a weapon, but then you had a choice between pretty much everything and especially at the start of item upgrades, it took me a few minutes to figure out what I wanted to upgrade. Reforging is now to easy, anyone can download reforgelite or open MrRobot and have the perfect reforges in a few clicks. Makes no sense anymore.

Deleted
    Never made sense to me how every expansion I suddenly forget how to cast my spells properly, I'm supposed to be getting stronger, but everytime a new enemy shows himself, suddenly I'm fumbling all of my spells xD

let's make the game easier than it is! good idea.

sarcasm aside, I disagree, hit/exp make reforging more interesting than it would be without it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Would lead to PvP gear being way better for PvP and PvE still good but missing out on the important hit stats.
    I agree with this. What would make PvE gear better for PvE then?

Glancing blows says hi
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

A hundred times, yes. Tweaking your gear isn't difficult or challenging in any way. It's just time consuming and annoying. It isn't deep gameplay. In fact, it's very shallow and dated. There's no purpose for it.