Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Was doing 70% of all healing done with 3 other healers in flex today.
    Granted, they were pugs but still felt like I was doing a nice amount (nearing 200k, not going oom at all) with the usual EF blanketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    How would it compliment SS when SS in no way scales with mastery? Going to have to disagree with that.
    In that SS does 20-30% and mastery 20%. Compliments in the sense that with SS and mastery you're going full out mitigation. I hadn't reforged out of my mastery and it just felt wasted with EF. EF just feels more like straight throughput now and mastery feels useless with it on spread fights. I'm seeing about a 10% drop in IH on typical fights.

(Overall though I felt buffed - maybe it's just the new fights allow for more hps)

So is the BoA weapon from Garrosh BiS? It has 8ilvl higher which means they already added the 2 level upgrades to it. Then can the BoA weapon dropped as Warforged?

Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    So is the BoA weapon from Garrosh BiS? It has 8ilvl higher which means they already added the 2 level upgrades to it. Then can the BoA weapon dropped as Warforged?
    I'm pretty sure the BoA's can't be warforged.
    <Encore> Armory

To my knowledge, guardian of ancient kings is supposed to heal for an additional 100% of the amount healed, at least that is what the patch notes say and what the spell says. However, when I cast it, the buff reads that it does only 30% additional healing. Am I just misunderstanding the changes or is something wrong with the spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    They can be upgraded but not warforged, but they are already 2 ilvls above warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpaintball99 View Post
    To my knowledge, guardian of ancient kings is supposed to heal for an additional 100% of the amount healed, at least that is what the patch notes say and what the spell says. However, when I cast it, the buff reads that it does only 30% additional healing. Am I just misunderstanding the changes or is something wrong with the spell?
    It does 100%. If it says that it is a tooltip error.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Was doing 70% of all healing done with 3 other healers in flex today.
    Granted, they were pugs but still felt like I was doing a nice amount (nearing 200k, not going oom at all) with the usual EF blanketing.
    What do you understand under "usual EF blanketing"? Going full mastery and keep EF rolling on anyone which might get damage? Quick question: besides of HS, how do you generate the HP needed for this? Just spamming HR, regardless if the raid is spread out or not?

Besides that, doing 200k eHPS on flexmode looks... well, I would say a flexraid consistent of ~15 players of decent quality could be solo-healed with 200k eHPS. But heck, people can't tell the difference between HPS and eHPS - the same with DPS and eDPS...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    In that SS does 20-30% and mastery 20%. Compliments in the sense that with SS and mastery you're going full out mitigation. I hadn't reforged out of my mastery and it just felt wasted with EF. EF just feels more like straight throughput now and mastery feels useless with it on spread fights. I'm seeing about a 10% drop in IH on typical fights.

(Overall though I felt buffed - maybe it's just the new fights allow for more hps)
    I saw this too yesterday. In 10man on some fights going SS and using LoD to refresh shields was quite nice( I used SS on Fallen Protectors, Dark Shaman and Nazgrim). On some fights EF was really strong. At least I changed a bit, however, SS didn't felt that good to use in "rotation point of view" but it's just matter of getting used to it. On fights with EF Illuminated Healing was much lower percentage than on fights with SS (because LoD works better than EF to roll shields on 10 when using only 3HP EF).

We killed 10 bosses yesterday and compared to other healers I feel like buffed from last tier. We'll see how it goes on heroics but paladin felt really strong on 10man at the moment.

I went for 7170 haste, 17k spirit and 5.5k mastery. Had no mana issues whatsoever. It remains to be seen what happens in heroics but I liked that "faster" playstyle.

Last night I ran with my usual full mastery and I felt very weak and I was nearly last on healing, so today I tried switching things up and reforged all of my gear to haste and put in spirit + haste gems. I have a little more than 7170 haste, 23.56% mastery (with might), and a little over 14k spirit. I was doing MUCH better tonight, sometimes passing up the resto shamans but they're nuts right now. I was usually 2-3 on heals vs. dead last, and personally playing with haste feels so much better to me.
    Since I raid with 2 resto shamans and a priest (sometimes 2), my mana felt pretty good. I never went completely OOM. I did glyph for divine plea and I used it and arcane torrent on CD. I don't have the legendary cape, do have the meta gem.
    This was all in 25 man BTW. Just thought I'd throw this out there since a lot of post are about 10 mans. I didn't try SS or SH because that playstyle really doesn't interest me. Also, my ilvl is 530.

Yeah, I tried both mastery and haste; haste was giving me more throughput overall and I couldn't run OOM with 2x HR 1x HS rotation.

Mastery is great on paper, but if you can't refresh it reliably it's actually extremely overrated.

Next up is EF and LoD.

EF is just broken at the moment, but then again, the raw healing was buffed more than 50-60% so this could be seen coming from a mile away.

However, LoD is better casted over EF when GoAK is up, especially if you intend to line it up with HA. Unless the legendary cloak procs conveniently while in GoAK, you should be using LoD to minimize overhealing. GoAK-ed EF just results in the copied healing being 75% to 100% overheal. Not good if you consider the magic ratio of 50% overheal EF = 0% overheal LoD.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-09-12 at 05:45 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

We 2 healed the first 9 bosses last night in normal. I gemmed for int / mastety / spirit in the respective sockets and reforged Ma > Spi > Ha. I couldn't run oom & kept up with & usually beat the Shaman I was healing with.

Will have to see how it goes in heroic, but if i can sustain it I most likely will as it worked great, just EF blanketing the raid and beasting the cloak proc.
    Last edited by Andyo; 2013-09-12 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Typo.

Deleted
    Had a look around before I went into SoO last night, see what was worth reforging into. In the end settled on just over 7k haste, sitting with about 35% mastery buffed and 10k spirit. I have 535iLevel.

It felt very, very smooth. As a casual 10m guild we managed to down the first couple of bosses without much hassle before we called it on Norushen. I hit 106k HPS on Protectors along side a Shammy and a Disco who were both around the 90k mark. Holy Shock CD was at just over 5 seconds with that amount of haste and with the buff to its mana cost, it was really noticeable. Only when I had to spam HR or similar spells did I notice that mana was dropping.

Also noticed that my Legendary Cloak procced ALOT more than both of their's. On Protectors I had ~4.2mil heals due to the cloak whereas both of their's were down at ~1.5. Particularly surprised by the Shaman's.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was certainly not looking forward to losing all my beloved mastery, but after going for the 7170 breakpoint, 15.5k spirit and 30.05% mastery, it feels a lot better. To have holy shock at 5.1s unbuffed is quite nice, and the fact it gets reduced during haste cd's is great too makes it a lot easier to utilize HA more effectively. I Also like the fact that casting isn't so slow as before, just felt so bad now that I think of it (even thought in 5.3 it was basically just EF spam, It's pretty similar still)

Haven't tried SS yet, and I probably won't unless I feel it will benefit more on heroic encounter's (which it probably will on some) but for normal's EF seem's pretty solid. I don't really get the guardian change though, I mean I just wish it did something else than just copy your healing? Like, copy 50% healing but add another effect because it feel's just like another throughput cd (which is great) but we have so many now, heck best not moan though

I'd post log's of our first 10 boss fight's, but doesn't seem that WoL has updated yet?

I went for 3600 haste = first EF breakpoint, 15k spirit (used int flask and 300spirit food), and rest to mastery, around 12k unbuffed. I felt lot stronger than in TOT. Especialy mana regen wise. In 5.3, i ran with 17k spirit, even on farm and i still sometimes went oom on couple of bosses.

Now i had 2k spirit less and i was never going oom and also the healing output felt lot stronger. I am thinking a lot about reforging extra 3500 spirit out and going with only 11500 and going for the second haste breakpoint on 7170 instead. In worst case i can compensate a bit with either dropping some mastery or using spirit flask instead.

Doing 10 man, killed 8 bosses yesterday.

What do you think?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhall View Post
    I went for 3600 haste = first EF breakpoint, 15k spirit (used int flask and 300spirit food), and rest to mastery, around 12k unbuffed. I felt lot stronger than in TOT. Especialy mana regen wise. In 5.3, i ran with 17k spirit, even on farm and i still sometimes went oom on couple of bosses.

Now i had 2k spirit less and i was never going oom and also the healing output felt lot stronger. I am thinking a lot about reforging extra 3500 spirit out and going with only 11500 and going for the second haste breakpoint on 7170 instead. In worst case i can compensate a bit with either dropping some mastery or using spirit flask instead.

Doing 10 man, killed 8 bosses yesterday.

What do you think?
    Wow, tot with 17k spirit is very overkill :P I ran with 11k (gemmed/reforged full mastery) and only meg felt close mana wise (2 healing) but for SoO I feel very comfortable with 15.5k especially with the new divine plea. I'd try go for the 7170 breakpoint but I wouldn't sacrifice that much spirit to get it, if you can reach it by losing some mastery and maybe some spirit then sure but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

Seems like everyone's enjoying the haste build, so here's some more empirical evidence from an ilvl 530:

--Tuesday I didn't reforge just because I wanted to see how things went. Felt like ToT I guess.

--Last night I unforged anything that went haste->mastery and let the haste ride but didn't forge away from mastery. I only ended up with 4944 haste unbuffed and down to ~20% mastery. *Relative to Tuesday* it felt smoother and quicker with the HS and cast times affected by haste.

--Based on this relative improvement, Friday I will go haste to 7170 if I can make it... I'd prefer not to lose too much spirit right now because it's nice to have wiggle room when shit hits the fan. I expect it to feel better.

Just to concur with others here I reforged down some mastery from 50 odd per cent to get the first haste breakpoint and some more spirit (15K), I was overflowing in mana but I felt much better with our throughput, decided to reforge to the 7k breakpoint for tonights raid (last 3 bosses) and lower my spirit slightly to 14k, will report back here but it looks good so far!

544 ilvl, 13/13H 10m. Did the first 10 bosses with 5.2 spirit/mastery build (was at 16k spirit) but reforged to the first EF breakpoint. I felt like I had entirely too much spirit - I think I used divine plea 2 or 3 times the whole night. Now I regemmed/reforged to 13k spirit, 7170 haste and kept 30% mastery unbuffed - and just from playing around for an hour I can say that I really enjoy 1.9s cast time on holy radiance, I'll report back after the raid today with my impressions.

PS. Healing Malkorok with the new EF is sooo fun! I really felt like a resto druid

Deleted
    i didn't reforge/gem to haste or anything last night, bascially i didn't change a thing and i was just raping the healing meters over my disc partner on the first 8 bosses, running ~13k spirit and had no mana issues at all, i don't see the fuss about going haste when it's not needed, we'll see for heroic but for normal no

Quick question....there has been talk before that we should gem int now rather than mastery. Is this true? instead of pure mastery, i am using spirit/mastery and int/mastery gems which work fine. But for min/max, should we try and gem pure int? This is for 25man. BTW, I am 555 now and am sitting at about 4500 haste (all haste loot drops ) and am liking it. How much stronger is hitting the 7100 haste bp for 25man?