Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So youre so deillusional to this SoO WONT last a year? roflmao...
    what makes you think SoO will last a year?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Some of the lore. IoT in general (excluding ToT). World bosses. Rares. No flying. Storytelling mechanisms that were used. Legendary being an expansion long quest chain for most people.

Honorable mention goes to dino isle, which is a great idea that could have used a bit more substance.

i was disappointed with dino isle, wanted something to do there other than just kill dinosaurs for hours on end. not sure if that was the original plan, but it seems like more was suppose to happen there and they ran out of time or something.
    dragonmaw - EU

a right i forget story related solo scenarios. Plenty of them would be a good move.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed the leveling without flying. Done it 11 times, no complaints here.

The 5.1 rep quest line. IoT was pretty great the first time through.

The talent trees.

Not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ironically I feel about the same way I do after 5 months of tot as a i did at the end of a year of ICC. Actually maybe even worse about tot. I liked ICC. ToT I can't stand and being double exposed to it via lfr only makes it worse.
    ICC is my favorite raid. Nothing can ever compare to festergut and rotface. ^^

Monks are great, I loved WW, but I'm beginning to turn away from it since they keep fucking with its Mastery. Liked the original mastery the best since it gave it a nice bit of random damage chance (and for me gave it that bit of "fighting game vibe" that they originally were going to do when it was announced), but 5.2 one sucked since was horridly nerfed until you get the stupid RoRO from Lei Shen. And now they're yet again re-tooling it again since it was overly reliant on that same stupid trinket they put in the first place, whereas before it was fine without being reliant on it. Not to mention the nerfs back from 5.1 that still haven't been completely reversed, going from WW monk being one of the better DPS specs (better, not top mind you) into one of the weakest and only becoming good when you again got that stupid trinket. So yeah...we weren't even OP like DKs originally were when released, which kinda sucked to me anyways since I would've liked a few months of OPness while they worked out stuff.

The rare spawns were good (though I think they really went overboard on how many they put in and are still adding), and love the fun items, but the problem is as usual, most of them have a shitty CD that makes them almost not worth bothering to keep, and with the lack of new bag space, they're competing even more with armor for transmog and other goodies we like to hoard.

As for what DIDN'T work this expansion, way too many to bother listing. So to me anyways, all the cons outweigh the few pluses.

monks and pandas were the two items I thought were done well.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    (Ive unsubbed for summer and a bit of burnout, I struggled to 'get into' the lore, I felt it was way too far from the tree, and they just basically did 'wow does china'. I wish it was a bit more twisted to be honest.)

Now, pet battles, they are an awesome addition.
    Wrathion questline = v good.
    I enjoy the feeling of massive overpoweredness you get when your in outlands and your level 90 odd!
    I love the green fire quest, hope its still there for finishing off if I do resub.

I just want the next xpack to carry on the story of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Easy to gear alts, whatever other people say.

Good raids, good lvling experience, coin rolls.

Bad things: Forced dailies (because of coin rolls), VP gear requiring rep.

As far as I remember, the only good things about both WotLK and Cata were "good" raids aswell. And the raids of those 2 expansions were generally of a lower quality than the MoP ones, Ulduar, LK 25HC (NOT the rest of ICC), Anub 25HC, t11 and Rag HC being the exceptions.

MoP is the best expansion since TBC, by far.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I liked a lot of the things they introduced in MoP. But I think the real test is if they continue with any... let's see if the brawlers guild gets ANY love next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big three for me were:

Music

Brawlers Guild

I liked the idea of a quest chain that lasted an entire expansion, but I don't like everyone getting a legendary at the end. I would rather if it was a really good BiS epic, upgradeable to a legendary with normal and heroic raiding. And I haven't even raided past LFR this expansion, so don't call me a snowflake.

- All Raids
    - Coin rolls (gotta love possibly getting extra loot)
    - Farm (easiest cash cow in-game)
    - Prot Pala haste spec
    - Wrathion questline
    - All the rares in Pandaria/Isle of Thunder
    - Scenario key from Isle of Thunder
    - BoA items from rares

A lot of things actually worked this expansion. Here's mine:

Rare Spawns: Agreed with you here. What I also want to add is that the respawn time is not overly punitive, and also the rare mount has less of a bad luck mechanic (Multiple semi-rare item farming over time instead of a super-duper-rare mob/item). In the future rare items could possibly work this way too, where instead of finding a super-rare mob (likely to lead to loss of sanity), you instead have to repeatedly find a rare mob (say, 10 times, but the mob spawns 10 times more frequently than Aeonaxx). Glorious! was definitely a fun achievement to get.

Raids: The raids were definitely better than Cataclysm raids, though I think the limited release of T14 hurt them a bit. LFR takes away from the raids a lot, if you want to enjoy the raids, do them on normal! The artwork in all of the raids was incredible, Heart of Fear was perhaps the weakest here but it did have a dread-aura to it.

Artwork and Music: Pandaria is very beautifully designed. The added zones (Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants) did not disappoint.

Here's to some mechanics features implemented:

Talent and Glyph System: Beats the hell out of Cataclysm, and allows for a lot more room in streamlining. The only thing I wish is that tooltips became a little easier to read, right now I have to scope through 3 specs' versions of them! The major glyphs often made for interesting choices and many had uses (I even used Holy Shock / Harsh Words to solo kill a Whale Shark). Minor glyphs are awesome.

Coins and Personal Loot: A personal loot system with bad luck protection adds a lot more flavor and interest than simply a group drop. It can reduce a lot of loot drama in guilds, and make not winning a piece feel a little less awful, knowing that you can keep coining and once you get it, no one else can steal it. Personal Loot was long overdue in LFR. It sucks not being able to trade items, but it lead more to extortion than actual trading earlier.

Finally a mixed bag of sorts:

Quest and Dailies System: In 5.1 onward, the quest and lore/storyline options had a lot of interesting choices, obviously with Blizzard experimenting a bit. We had alternating storyline and daily quests (5.1), a mixture of both (5.2) with weekly options such as the treasure run, elite mob killing (that required groups), group rare farming, and searching for chests. The nice thing in 5.2 was that many of these things could be done together: You'd get keys doing quests while being able to keep an eye open for chests/rares. PvP quests were interesting, they were relatively simple but gave good rep/coin income, but you ran the risk (on a PvE server) of combat. 5.3 had simple "mob killing" instead of quests.

I think a combination of the 3 systems we saw would be nice, but I think Blizzard needs to learn from their 5.0 mistake (and why 5.0, in my books, was so terrible). All of this needs to be optional to character progression. Instead of the reward being so small that you are forced to partake in every activity to get the maximum reward, players should have their choice between a few. Then players can do what they want (quests, treasure hunts, elite/group mobs, and mass mob grinding/killing) while also being able to mix it up a bit.

Hopefully Timeless Isle delivers here.

[edit] I saw this from above me and I have to second it:

Sunsong Ranch: I just love this place. While it requires investment, it is so rewarding when completed. And the items aren't exclusive to the ranch, so you don't feel the need to do it every day (well, I did at some point), but for the work you do put in you can get all the resources you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    I know many people love to talk about how dailies aren't good for the game. This is true when dailies are the only available content that a player has for themselves. If the current dailies remained in the game and more 5-mans were added along with Flex difficulty, no one would have an issue with them. They're fun for players who like to do them and completely optional for players who don't. I can't find a better middle ground myself. The only issue was a lack of other content.
    I kind of agree. I despise doing dailies when I am pressured (i.e. required for VP cap which is required for raid gear/item upgrades for progression, which is the one thing I do seriously in game), but on my own time I will usually do dailies just for the rep/achievements. And maybe vanity items.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-07-27 at 11:33 PM.

Pet battles: for it is the only flawless system in the game I have nothing to complain about
    Music and scenery: as always, at good old Blizzard's level of quality.
    And 50% of the Brawler's guild, totally loved the challenge, too bad the fun was corrupted by 20-30 min queues.

Rare spawns, and all the other stuff around. Exploration was a ton better than it has been in a while.

The initial 85-90 leveling experience was fine, but with so few instances, even for an altaholic like me it was hard to stomach after the first two 90's.

Pet Battles
    Brawlers Guild
    Raids were decent, but tired of running them
    I actually have enjoyed the Legendary quest line, but for someone starting late or on alts not having the meta gem is going to leave you at a severe disadvantage compared to everyone else.

Heroic Scenarios I really like, original incarnation not so much.
    Challenge Modes
    The individual scenarios for story telling have worked pretty well.
    BMAH surprisingly enough

I won't list them all, but I loved the reputations that unlocked new pieces of story over time like Tillers and 5.1, although there were still some horrible reps like Celestials and Shado-Pan.

Pet Battles have been especially amazing, easily the reason I have made so much money and have had some extra things to do in WoW.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    the good:
    -coins, perhaps reduce it to once a week with guaranteed loot.
    -sunsong ranch
    -pet battles

the bad:
    -dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies. dailies [next area] dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies [next area] dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies, dailies

I'm too drunk at the moment to think further.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well designed zones such as Jade Forest and Vot4W (EXCEPT townlong and the dread wastes. I hated those places)
    Monks as a class I find them pretty nice
    IoT is not bad actually I find it nice
    Alliance vs Horde conflict story and 5.1
    SOME scenarios I find them not bad
    The solo PVE place forgot whats it called.
    Finally is the rate at which blizz is releasing content.

I love the brawlers guild, the farm and challenge modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Pet Battles Rock!