Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This Pay-To-Win stuff being posted is getting ridiculous. There's no indication that the in-game store is coming AT ALL for the majority of WoW players in the NA and EU markets.

All this uproar started with an xp potion datamined out of a recent PTR patch. There wasn't any official proclamations of a new store option coming for NA/EU. If anything is true, this in-game store is likely for the Asian (China/Korea) market. They have lost lots of subs over there, and its mainly due to the difference in how many players in that market do their gaming. In the US or EU, the average gamer plays from home, on their own internet, so the current model of a monthly sub works. In Asian markets though, many gamers are still using net cafes (which are almost non-existent in the US) and playing by the hour. The most popular MMOs over there are now F2P with game stores for items enhancing their characters. In other words, they get the sub fees out of the store purchases for gamers that tend to do shorter but more intense marathon game sessions.

TL;DR - NA and EU players might never see an in-game store, and its pretty clear policy that Blizzard wouldn't have players pay both a monthly sub and for items to stay competitive from a store. Most likely players are just jumping the gun due a datamined item meant as an option for net cafe focused gamers (China/Korea).

Deleted
    All fun and games , but this is a GAME we play. I am not going to play bethesda to give me a MAX lvl skyrim char so i can just do the quest without having to level something to a higher level. Won't happen , besides you play for fun right ? You play a game caus you want to play some games , Low lvl is not so different from high level. You can do dungeon finder, BGS and still do quest ( See the quest as daily quest )

Plus you learn your class and you can adjust in certain situations alot better rather then just taking a talent point or a spec caus everyone is it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do not think Blizzard will introduce what you are suggesting, however, it isn't out of the realm of possibilities. The main reason I think it will not be introduced is that Blizzard likes people learning their classes by leveling them up, even if that includes leveling tools that allow for quicker XP gain. At the end of the day, you are still learning your class even if you are doing it in less time.

Blizzard has yet to introduce real micro-selling in their store - granted, there are items you can buy, mounts and pets, for real $$. However, the untapped market of armor, weapons, the possibility of pay-for-access content and other unforeseen items makes the future very bright for Blizzard share holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorath View Post
    This Pay-To-Win stuff being posted is getting ridiculous. There's no indication that the in-game store is coming AT ALL for the majority of WoW players in the NA and EU markets.

TL;DR - NA and EU players might never see an in-game store, and its pretty clear policy that Blizzard wouldn't have players pay both a monthly sub and for items to stay competitive from a store. Most likely players are just jumping the gun due a datamined item meant as an option for net cafe focused gamers (China/Korea).
    Pretty naive to believe they aren't going to implement it worldwide. I can't recall a company ever saying "yeah let's not do that, we'd make dumptrucks full of money, far outweighing the 200kish subs we MIGHT lose).
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think the only one who'll suffers from this is the player, leveling is a great way to learn your class!
    Sorry but what game are you playing? Almost all of what a player learns about their class is and always has been learned at max level. About the only thing you start to get a feel for while leveling is where on your action bars you want your abilities and how you may want to bind things. I reached Lvl 60 without ever realizing I could bind to my mouse buttons, or that addons were even a thing. I had no idea which abilities were actually good for my dps, only a slight idea about what talents were the best to choose. EVERYTHING about my characters I learned after reaching the cap and taking 20 minutes to read a thread on ElitistJerks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 11 lvl 90's and for every single one of them including my first max lvl (80) toon I really only learned how to play them properly at max lvl (ie:learn rotations, stat priorities, cd usage.......).The 1-max level grind is really just that, a grind. I would never pay for xp boosts but I really don't care if others do, once u hit max level it just takes 15 minutes of research and a few dungeons to get to know ur class much better and be a decent player.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you already have a toon at level 90, I can see this as a possibility. I know all the arguments about people not being able to play properly but there's enough evidence to show that simply leveling to 90 doesn't teach you to play properly either.

That said a bought-and-paid-for level 90 will soon have a way to PROVE that they have the GROUNDS to be able to claim they can play their class at some minimal level of competence. So I don't necessarily see a problem with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Agreed - So many people would have no clue what they are doing. Bad enough people that level a new toon to 90 don't even know what they are doing.
    Whether a player wants to be competent would be their choice to make. This would be no different than the status quo. Plenty of players choose helpless ignorance now at the expense of everyone they group with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    This words are so overused those days. Theres nothing p2w in store atm. Even xp boost (if will be added) is not p2w.
    yep unless they allow the exp boost to work from 90-95 in the first few patches.

Leveling in WoW does NOT teach you how to play your class main example 1. LFR ilvl 480+ doing sub 30k

If reasons why this shouldn't be implemented aren't obvious to you (no I'm not talking about learning the class), you need help...

- - - Updated - - -

Kay guys, how about this right;

You pay 99$, and you get a level 90, BiS character, with every raid completed, every single R1 gladiator title, every achievement, every mount etc. Each time a patch comes out, your character updates automatically. This way, you will no longer need to log in to the game, freeing you up to do other things

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    If reasons why this shouldn't be implemented aren't obvious to you (no I'm not talking about learning the class), you need help...

- - - Updated - - -

Kay guys, how about this right;

You pay 99$, and you get a level 90, BiS character, with every raid completed, every single R1 gladiator title, every achievement, every mount etc. Each time a patch comes out, your character updates automatically. This way, you will no longer need to log in to the game, freeing you up to do other things
    Nobody is asking for that, nor does anyone with half a brain think anything remotely similar could ever be implemented. The whole "if you support X why not just let gorillas eat everyone's babies?" tactic is certainly getting a lot of exercise in this thread though.

I like leveling toons though I wouldn't object to it being quicker, just not instant.

Deleted
    I could guarantee this would never happen. Why have leveling and zones in the first place if Blizzard were to just sell it? leveling is part of the game, to skip it entirely would be pay to win and the worst type, worse than paying real money for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    anyone who isn't brain dead or some sort of sub-human mutant can learn a new class at 90 in about 15 minutes or less. i've done it on the ptr, lots of people do it on the ptr. so the crying and bitching about learning to play ain't got shit on this. leveling didn't teach me a damn thing anyway. i learned more once i got to max.
    Googling a rotation and stat priorities =/= knowing how to play a class you've never made. Just the implication shows your ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    Sorry but what game are you playing? Almost all of what a player learns about their class is and always has been learned at max level. About the only thing you start to get a feel for while leveling is where on your action bars you want your abilities and how you may want to bind things. I reached Lvl 60 without ever realizing I could bind to my mouse buttons, or that addons were even a thing. I had no idea which abilities were actually good for my dps, only a slight idea about what talents were the best to choose. EVERYTHING about my characters I learned after reaching the cap and taking 20 minutes to read a thread on ElitistJerks.
    You're not a new player. Being a clicker does not make you totally inexperienced. Taking a new, or even an old player with no earlier experience with the class, and throwing 40 abilities at him is mindblowing. Sure he can look up what 5 abilities to use for the rotation but will probably not understand the usefulness of every ability which you learn from trying while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    When was the last time you leveled?
    Mists of Pandaria 85-90.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Mists of Pandaria 85-90.
    And you learned your class by leveling through it? Last time I checked, you can pretty much get thru every quest with like 3 abilities max, with some classes you could probably just do one or 2 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the leveling experience is so boring people would pay to skip it, perhaps they should be looking towards making it not boring instead of trying to get you to pay to skip it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't mind if someone wants to buy a level 90 but I'm still questioning "why are you playing this game?"

People seem to be more happy to pay for things than playing the actual game.

It boggles the mind.

It sounds like addicts who want every reason to quit and "finish" the game as quick as possible.

I feel it's time to remind you all.

In Every single major western MMO, they have yet to sell top end gear/max level characters. The western culture will drop that MMO so hard the second they start that it becomes more of a loss to do so.