Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Femoris View Post
    not to be rude but that is not helpful we're already using every cd we have on a rotation. For the one we're dying on we're using smoke bomb tranq and devo aura and still dying.
    I don't know how much detail you want us to go in but if you are happy with your cool down rotation then it simply comes down to throughput, your healers are not healing enough and your dps aren't killing adds quick enough.

However if you can reliably get to the fifth rampage then with some perseverance you will muscle through it, just divert cooldowns from rampages that you are surviving with relative ease. The fifth rampage is the hardest to heal if you are saving lust for the 6th so it should be treated that way ie. strongest cooldowns.

Deleted
    Apart from some L2p play issues from the healer,

I'd suggest using Hero on Rampage 5. We always did and still do. This allows time for 75% of your CDs to be back up for Head 6 making it quite trivial. Head 6 will burn so fast you will barely spend any time in that phase, and if people start dieing during head 6 you can still limp to the finish line

My holy pally knowledge is a bit more limited, but I suppose I can pick the disc priest portion apart. With the gear your pally/disc have, you should be able to 2 heal the fight playing on a decently high level. That being said, fix your disc priest. He's haste/spirit stacking and forging out of crit? Also...he's healing without a meta? I presume he's OS disc from the randomness of his gearing, but there's a bit you can do there. SS going in to rampages if possible.

Looks like you're using lust a little early? Try delaying it and overlapping your rampage at the least.

In general, if your pally and priest were trying, your druid should feel worthless at times. Not a slight to the player nor is it a lol-sniping-heals type of play-style. Its the nature of absorbs. Your pally and priest simply don't appear to be generating them.

Your shammy's dps isn't helping either. He does not have prolonged parses of effective dps > 100k. That's going to create a scenario where everything stays up too long - debuffs, add spawns, breaths etc.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hi, we're starting this boss on wednesday and just wanted to check what you guys think of my initial plan
    (we're 10man with ~539 ilvl and 9/13 hc down)

Comp:
    tanks: druid / prot warr (optionally protadin)
    healers: resto shamy/druid and either disc or holy.
    dps: hunter, dk, spriest, boomkin, mage (Optionally warlock/rogue/windwalker, but they're bit low on dps side...)
    If your protadin has somewhat decent gear you might want to try solo tanking. This can be tricky for melee dps but seeing that you have a lot of range at your disposal, you could run a dps comp with only 1 tanky melee class for add duty. We found it a lot easier to solo tank with a protadin since stuff generally just melts. Only tricky part is getting the green breath debuff to reset by killing the heads at the correct time.

Your comp could be almost exactly the same as ours in our last kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2921&e=3336. And as you can see from the log, this way works just fine even though some people were doing positively horrible numbers

Your healers just don't heal enough, it looks like they just aren't pressing buttons

As mentioned.. Manage your cool-downs more efficiently. Try this rotation:

Rampage #1: Smoke Bomb / DA
    Rampage #2: Bubble / Tide
    Rampage #3: Tranq
    Rampage #4: Smoke Bomb / DA / Rally Cry
    Rampage #5: Barrier / Tide / Avert Harm
    Rampage #6: Tranq + Hero

You have other cool-downs like Ascendance, SLT, Cookies, and your Paladin's personal cool-downs (which apparently he is bad at using) to toy with in harry situations as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    If your protadin has somewhat decent gear you might want to try solo tanking. This can be tricky for melee dps but seeing that you have a lot of range at your disposal, you could run a dps comp with only 1 tanky melee class for add duty. We found it a lot easier to solo tank with a protadin since stuff generally just melts. Only tricky part is getting the green breath debuff to reset by killing the heads at the correct time.

Your comp could be almost exactly the same as ours in our last kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2921&e=3336. And as you can see from the log, this way works just fine even though some people were doing positively horrible numbers
    My pala has 523 ilvl, im planning to switch from warrior to help with healing, if needed.
    Will bring up solo tanking if we struggle after that, ty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hi, we're starting this boss on wednesday and just wanted to check what you guys think of my initial plan
    (we're 10man with ~539 ilvl and 9/13 hc down)

Comp:
    tanks: druid / prot warr (optionally protadin)
    healers: resto shamy/druid and either disc or holy.
    dps: hunter, dk, spriest, boomkin, mage (Optionally warlock/rogue/windwalker, but they're bit low on dps side...)

Cooldown rotation for rampages:
    1st. Personals, nothing else
    2nd. rallyin cry + slt
    3rd. Tranq + barrier.
    4th. tranq + demobanner.
    5th. Rallyin cry + vamp + slt
    6th hero, barrier, personals, whatever's left.

We'll have dk with blood pres on nether worm duty.

Any tips would be greatly appreicated
    swap lust to 5th rampage and delay rallying cry to 6th, demo banner is useless for rampage so use healthstones on 4th, park a lock outside for healthstones. smokebomb is good if your rogue suddenly learns how to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    swap lust to 5th rampage and delay rallying cry to 6th, demo banner is useless for rampage so use healthstones on 4th, park a lock outside for healthstones. smokebomb is good if your rogue suddenly learns how to play
    We're having discussions on how good portals+cookies is, they're pushing its important for painting beams, while i argue higher dps will make it easier in the long run, heads/adds die faster, proper painting etc.

What do you guys think, how valuable is lock utility ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    With the gear your pally/disc have, you should be able to 2 heal the fight playing on a decently high level.
    Just no. Especially not during progression. While it may be possible to 2 heal this with extreme gear levels, this is incredibly dangerous and not necessary. Our healers are ilvl 545 a pop but the healing is certainly not "np, we can slack"

We have been 2 healing this (disc & druid) for a while now and I have to say it really depends on how good your dps is and how many raid cooldowns/off heals you have. On the weeks with paladin tank, bm monk, shadow priest, boomkin, shaman and warlock it was a breeze to heal. Last week we didn't have our paladin and shadow priest and the difference was quite big.

It's not something I would recommend for progressing, especially if there are already problems with healing.

As a side note, your disc priest should be able to have AA up for every Rampage. Seems like s/he's forgetting to hit that button every now and then.