Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I honestly think the guards are not necessary. What I think should be done to make CRZ an amazing addition to the game is that it should be done by level brackets. When you look at the world map it shows what "levels" each zone is. Currently any level range is lumped into every cross-realm zone. Any character from 1-90 can appear. If they took the time to simply make the CRZ lump level appropriate people together it would be absolutely amazing.

Can you imagine attacking someone your level knowing they can't just get a random 90 in the zone to come gank you that's off on the other end camping some other lowbie? It would open up the possibility of having real PvP battles, even in the places like the dark portal. The fights would become a lot more fair (as fair as pvping can get while leveling, at least.) I often enjoy attacking people while leveling, if the fight isn't decided before I engage then it's a lot more interesting, and fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Pretty much this.

Infact, I'd be even more happy if they just got rid of the silly notion of always on PvP flags altogether, especially while leveling. PvP should be a choice, even on PvP Realms - the 'realm type' should merely be a guideline for new players, not a harsh punishment for new players who don't know what 'PvP' really means.

I detest people like you.....noone is stupid enough to not know what pvp means and even if they are it is clearly explained when choosing such a realm!

Pvp should be a choice on pvp realms......seriously? that is the dumbest statement ive heard in a long long time. if you want the `choice` to pvp or not just roll pve and flag yourself when you want to fight........why are people like you even rolling pvp? other then to fuck up the servers for people who actully enjoy it like myself

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    [...] and why is killing a low level player a bad thing! again THERE IS MEANT TO BE AN ELEMENT OF DANGER in the leveling process on a pvp server you are meant to be open for ganking if you cannot deal with that concept then you simply roll pve! noone can claim its unfair as it happens to both factions!
    A player might as well be given a passive ability, activating whenever flagged for PvP, with a certain percentage chance to be killed by the game every time you take any action out in the world, be it movement or combat; there wouldn't be much of a difference to being killed by some dude stupidly many levels above your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I honestly think the guards are not necessary. What I think should be done to make CRZ an amazing addition to the game is that it should be done by level brackets. When you look at the world map it shows what "levels" each zone is. Currently any level range is lumped into every cross-realm zone. Any character from 1-90 can appear. If they took the time to simply make the CRZ lump level appropriate people together it would be absolutely amazing.

Can you imagine attacking someone your level knowing they can't just get a random 90 in the zone to come gank you that's off on the other end camping some other lowbie? It would open up the possibility of having real PvP battles, even in the places like the dark portal. The fights would become a lot more fair (as fair as pvping can get while leveling, at least.) I often enjoy attacking people while leveling, if the fight isn't decided before I engage then it's a lot more interesting, and fun.
    Now this is an idea I agree with. But ofcourse the "world PvP'ers" among us won't like it.

15+ Year Old Account
    ganking is one aspect of world pvp and not the only aspect by far.....obviously its jumped on by those who dont like world pvp as an excuse as to why it needs to be stamped out but that argument is ignoring an awful lot.

You know what? I didnt mind being ganked......when I rolled on a pvp server I knew it happened and expected it.....horde gank alliance, alliance ganks horde it happens....its part of leveling......and thats the point leveling on a pvp server is meant to contain that element of danger! if you take it away then it may as well be a pve server! do you not see the logic in that?

and yes ganking can be the start of epic battles....Ive lost count of the amount of times back in the day my solo raid on camp taurjo etc has resulted in numerous high levels flying in to help attack/defend the town and an epic battle taking place as a result.

What I dont get is people who knowing what goes on on a pvp server still roll on it then get upset when they get ganked! its like taking something out of a hot oven without gloves and moaning when you get burnt it makes no effing sense what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

and why is killing a low level player a bad thing! again THERE IS MEANT TO BE AN ELEMENT OF DANGER in the leveling process on a pvp server you are meant to be open for ganking if you cannot deal with that concept then you simply roll pve! noone can claim its unfair as it happens to both factions!
    Well, I respect the fact that rolling on a PvP server entails certain risks; but your original post did not suggest that you are upset that you cannot gank lower levels, but rather you bemoan the intrusion of the guards onto world PvP.

This post reminds me of many that were made in defense of the open PvP in Diablo 2, that thankfully did not make it into D3; because you personally are fine with getting ganked as long as you do not lose the ability to do it back does not mean everyone shares your opinion.

I imagine that if I played on a PvP server, I could stand getting killed now and again as I am leveling, as part of the price I pay for perma-PvP, but if it was a matter of constant camping by some immature brat (not suggesting you are) who just enjoys lack of competition, then no, I see no fun in that.

And, if PvP server pops are declining because people are tired of being camped by max-levels, you won't have anyone there to have a challenging fight with anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    This is also a big factor - there's blatant unfairness in the system. That's not fun, rewarding or challenging.
    SINCE WHEN WAS IT MEANT TO BE FAIR! ITS RANDOM WORLD PVP YOU MORON! ITS NOT ABOUT BEING FAIR ITS ABOUT ATTACKING THE OTHER FACTION IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM THEN THEM RESPONDING IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM! YOU WANT TO BEAT THOSE ATTACKING YOU GET SOME LEVEL 90S OF YOUR OWN IN TO CLEAR THEM OUT!

do you get it now? its not about a fair fight its about 2 opposing factions at war and the freedom to raid each other whenever they want! that is world pvp!

Deleted
    Being instantly killed by a level 90, who has nothing better to do, is not World PvP. Oh before someone tells me that PvP is player versus player, and when it's out in the world it's World PvP... no.

So even the areas where world pvp is a tiny possiblity are going to get `super` guards that kill off any individual attack on an area before it even gets going.......

tell me why I rolled on a pvp server again? `sigh` this game used to have some awesome open world battles before elite guards were introduced its totally at odds with the concept of a pvp server....if they want to be safe while leveling roll people should roll pve!
    Please don't tell me your understanding of open pvp is to kill a player who can't react because he is using a portal to the Dark Portal and is within the loading screen.
    And it's just about settlements. If you want to do open pvp outside a base nobody will hinder you.

Deleted
    Seriously fuck all the carebears its not blizzard because they only listen to the players its morons like yourself who have invaded pvp servers moaned about pvp to the extent where what were once good pvp servers are now basically pve unless you bring an army to fight off the pve guards with

People who could have quite easily rolled pve and had nothing to moan about but no choose to roll pvp and them moan to the extent you had them changed to suit your carebearish ways

fuck the lot of you.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-07-29 at 10:48 AM.

@Zorkuus

Well see, that's what I don't get. I'm honestly all for world PvP. I know that a raid attacking shrine might not be considered spontaneous world PvP, but when it does happen on my realm I enjoy it quite a bit. I know I'll die, and that's fine. Even if I'm trying to do something I'll still sit about for an hour dying/killing others. When you know you at least stand a chance it's one thing. Getting camped by some dude who's just bored isn't really all that interesting, nor would I even consider it PvP at all. Even further than that, I like being ganked whenever I'm just messing about and forget to fly a little bit higher, even if it's a 2v1 or 3v1. I at least know I can take one out. Or if I get lucky, hell, maybe I can get all of them. I'd never ask for world pvp to be destroyed, what I'm asking for would, I hope, show people leveling how much fun it can be at max level as well.

I know this isn't exactly related to PvP much, but if they did this it would also greatly reduce a lot of the things people hate about CRZ as a whole. It's purpose is to make the world feel populated as you level, or at least that's what I've always read.

do you get it now? its not about a fair fight its about 2 opposing factions at war and the freedom to raid each other whenever they want! that is world pvp!
    And you can still do that after this change, but now the NPC's can fight back.

fuck the lot of you.
    annnnd you've lost the argument

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck the lot of you.
    lol @ you.

World PVP has been dead for a long long time, I don't even know why people bother to complain about it anymore, as it's not coming back.

If players truly did love world pvp, then they would organise it, there is nothing stopping you but the players lack of interest.

The Dark Portal is anything but World PVP, you basically load in and hope you can mount up and fly away before being nuked lol. I have no idea why people find that fun and think people must have RL issues who do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guards are there to be more of a nuisance, not to make you immune to being killed like so many people seem to want.

The problem isn't the system, it's the players. I miss when people got suspended for excessive griefing, but GMs seemed to stop caring towards the end of WotLK. And by excessive griefing, I mean players who would camp your corpse for hours. Although I never had a problem with that, there were less threads where people were whining about wPvP then.

Honestly, I feel that the Elite guards need to be removed from everywhere except main cities. CRZ was a great opportunity for low level wPvP, but those Elite guards that randomly spawn eliminate the possibility of assaulting a small city or outpost.

And I never understood why people would play on a PvP realm if they were afraid of getting killed by higher levels. wPvP isn't designed to be fair. It's designed to put you in a situation where the other faction is your enemy rather than the other faction just being neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you use "tiny possibility" and "Blasted Lands" in the same post?

Okay.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Did you use "tiny possibility" and "Blasted Lands" in the same post?

Okay.....
    I never once said the word blasted lands.....so whats your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Guards are there to be more of a nuisance, not to make you immune to being killed like so many people seem to want.

The problem isn't the system, it's the players. I miss when people got suspended for excessive griefing, but GMs seemed to stop caring towards the end of WotLK. And by excessive griefing, I mean players who would camp your corpse for hours. Although I never had a problem with that, there were less threads where people were whining about wPvP then.

Honestly, I feel that the Elite guards need to be removed from everywhere except main cities. CRZ was a great opportunity for low level wPvP, but those Elite guards that randomly spawn eliminate the possibility of assaulting a city.

And I never understood why people would play on a PvP realm if they were afraid of getting killed by higher levels. wPvP isn't designed to be fair. It's designed to put you in a situation where the other faction is your enemy rather than the other faction just being neutral.
    Exactly but these whining little babys who roll pvp then expect it to play like a pve server have ruined it. Glad to see at least one other person in this whole damn forum gets the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh... ganking is fine... blocking players from accessing content, is not. the quote was talking about players hanging out at the portal (and other places) trying to stop them from playing. thats not a gank since obviously they have to go there to continue playing. thats creating a roadblock. is it destroying WPvP? nope. lack of incentives already took care of that. WPvP needs its own reward system to help it flourish.. without that, you are simply trying to punish everyone else for not enjoying what you think is the most fun aspect of the game. not everyone shares your views.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote from the latest interview with gc.

`
    There are a few leveling areas that need stronger guards, such as around the Dark Portal in Blasted Lands.`

So even the areas where world pvp is a tiny possiblity are going to get `super` guards that kill off any individual attack on an area before it even gets going.......

tell me why I rolled on a pvp server again? `sigh` this game used to have some awesome open world battles before elite guards were introduced its totally at odds with the concept of a pvp server....if they want to be safe while leveling roll people should roll pve!
    Seems like a whine thread to me. Also your next post, that whines about people not agreeing with you.
    People don't like to get ganked by kids that think it's fun. So they try to prevent that worst of it. It's not destroying things. In a real world you're never so powerfull that you have no risk in the world going against another player (a lvl 1)
    Maybe you should just learn to play against those at your own lvl , and deal with not being able to oneshot people, The fact that you didn't mind, doesn't change that most just lvl it on other servers and then move their fully geared char to a pvp-server afterwards :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

fuck the lot of you.
    aren't you a chipper chipmunk?

world PVP died in TBC when people got to 70 and did arenas and even before then with BG's. world PVP with it's serious LACK of rewards is why no one does it anymore. like others have said get a group of people to do something fun, hell on Ner'zul we raided the shrine of seven stars for shits n giggles. but it doesn't and wont happen on a large scale because people have better shit to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never once said the word blasted lands.....so whats your point?
    Yes you did.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    World pvp around the dark portal was the pre-mop event on my server.

PvP? NAAAAAAAAAARF