Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    everything will be scaled down; I dont know why people think it will kill soloing. We will still be able to solo content as easily as we do now, just the numbers are smaller.
    It's probably the same people who think that a transmog helm = pay2win.

As long as people can open recount and see they are still on top of the meter they will be happy. Epeen will still be strong like bull.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    So how won't this affect soloing? Check the chart that blizzard tends to do. If the gaps are smaller, then it will take longer to be able to solo new content. The ilvl % gaps are different, so even if they relatively scale the game down it will still affect soloing.

New instances, it would take dozens of expansions to be able to solo them. Currently, you can usually solo raid content from Cata. If the ilvl gap was only a 25-50% increase in character strength in MoP, would we still be able to solo them? The answer is no. This is the intended design with the item squish according to their chart. Unless they are planning on going through and rebalancing every single little aspect of the game, and nerfing raids massively when new expansions come out. It will greatly affect soloing.
    They will revamp everything to make sure it is still soloable, the chart you are referencing came out near the end of Cata, they will have made adjustments to make sure people will be able to solo raids still whether thats health/dmg nerf to raid mobs of old content(which they have done before). Blizzard likes money, they aren't going to fuck people out of soloing raids because a lot of people like to do it and will quit if the squish affects that, but everyone is jumping to conclusions. Your character will still progress, you will still be able to trash old content, your dps will be lower but so will bosses health/dmg. Calm down, wait to bitch when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I think you are misinformed because there is already bosses with quite a bit more HP.

1 example:
    Sha of Fear 25H has 1.46B HP.
    Lei Shen 25H has 1.72B HP
    You're both kind of right.

An error happens on Ra-Den if he absorbs too many of the health anima. Once he goes over a 2 billion or so HP mark, he triggers over to (I think) 1/1 HP and becomes unattackable.

That could be Ra-den specific, or it could be a part of the engine.

Based on the mechanics of Garrosh himself, this wont be a problem. He may have over 2.5 billion HP total across all phases, but never at the same time. Garrosh resets his HP like a few bosses before him once he reaches a certain HP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Really now?!

Goal for MOP was to release content faster.

Oh, hey, goal met.

Too lazy to cite more goals.

You're making an excuse just because you want to be right.

If they say they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it.

Yee with little faith.
    they may have released content faster, but its been pretty poor content. i mean i would hardly call 5.3 content at all, it was a piss poor patch and we are still waiting for 5.4 which probably won't be out for another month or so.

didn't they have another goal of virtual realms in 5.4? that doesn't look like its gonna happen now.

blizzard have these "goals" that don't get accomplished until months after they should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Squish IMO, is a huge mistake. Why do this, and have to REDO ALLLLL old content modifiers etc, etc, etc.. when you can just continue forward.. Numbers are the LEAST of Blizzards issues right now.. It's keeping things FRESH that all the QQ is about (I for one, love the game, THE WAY IT IS).

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    As long as people can open recount and see they are still on top of the meter they will be happy. Epeen will still be strong like bull.
    Hah, so true Slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    So they say they're doing an item squish in the expansion that comes out next year and your rebuttal is to link an article concerning the not-implemented theoretical squish from nigh-on two years ago?

Right - because the current squish has been detailed to the letter - clearly the squish they originally had in mind was a likely failure for many reasons - the damage to soloing for transmog and mounts being one of those things, I'm sure.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Everyone who complains about it are just upset because they think they are getting nerfed, NOTHING is changing for you other then the numbers you see. it will take the same amount of time to do everything. They are just reducing the number gap from 60-90 to bring it more in line. I dont want to gauge dps in the millions next patch

right now, a fresh level 90 is about 100% more powerful than a fresh level 85, which is 75% more powerful than a fresh level 80, which is about 50% more powerful than a fresh level 70 which is about 50% more powerful than a fresh level 60

if that huge jump in stats becomes linear, let's say just 10%, then it will make it impossible to solo all BC content at level unless they dumb down old content to a point where it's soloable by raid geared people at level

at 80, not many people could solo half of vanilla content, MC trash mobs would wreck the average player
    all those stat increases are a HUGE buffer that you'd no longer have. if the stat increase is linear, it will almost kill soloing of old raid content and that's a good thing

with blood dks soloing CURRENT content it's beyond time that the squish happens
    they have never proposed a squish that also squishes raid bosses. if it takes a raid of 10 to clear molten core, that would make it a challenging solo for a lot of 90s post-squish. baron geddon would start whipping that ass again. ignoring mechanics would mean death

those excessive stats are gonna matter when they're gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Everyone who complains about it are just upset because they think they are getting nerfed, NOTHING is changing for you other then the numbers you see. it will take the same amount of time to do everything. They are just reducing the number gap from 60-90 to bring it more in line. I dont want to gauge dps in the millions next patch
    And from a storyline perspective? Your character doesn't stand still across expansion, his story moves on into the future. If they don't tie it to a bit of story (which they should), your character would get numerically weaker as he gets more experienced, etc.

That's the only aspect of it all that irritates me. But they can fix that by pulling some storyline hocus pocus out of their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    They should get rid of transmog with the item squish since I think most people like to solo older raids just to get certain looks. It almost certainly isn't about experiencing the content, although that's what people like to dress it up as. You get rid of transmog and suddenly no one cares about doing older raids anyway.

Now we can item squish freely, and a gear's look actually means something again. win/win
    Some of enjoyed soloing older content for outfits before transmog came in, removing transmog wouldn't stop me from still farming *cosmetic* gear for my toons.

OT: I honestly do not think Blizzard would squish everything and not take into consideration those that like to solo older content, I have faith they will do it so that we can still solo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I don't. I just don't want to see my character suddenly doing less actual damage. Even if we'd become double as powerful relatively I don't want it.
    That makes zero sense. You will have the same "power" as before but you don't want to visually see low numbers even though everything gets squished? I think the word over reacting applys here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    they may have released content faster, but its been pretty poor content. i mean i would hardly call 5.3 content at all, it was a piss poor patch and we are still waiting for 5.4 which probably won't be out for another month or so.

didn't they have another goal of virtual realms in 5.4? that doesn't look like its gonna happen now.

blizzard have these "goals" that don't get accomplished months after they should have been.
    Really? Give me the source where it says Virtual Realms aren't happening.

Also, 5.1 had more content than some major patches did back in the day.

And, to add to that, 5.2 had more content than nearly every major patch WoW has had.

It's definitely poor content. Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    It's probably the same people who think that a transmog helm = pay2win.
    Aand, it turns out it's not stopping at the helms, now they are going to add lesser charms to the asian pet store as well.
    Are you really so stupid that you think it ends there?

Don't try to argue with lesser charms not being pay2win, because it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post

blizzard have these "goals" that don't get accomplished until months after they should have been.
    5.3 was a Storyline patch, just like 5.1 was. There's nothing wrong with those kinds of patches, and they served their purpose perfectly. Not every single patch can be an Icecrown Citadel, a Throne of Thunder, or a Black Temple. If you expect that, then your expectations are way, way too high.

And at what point did they say Virtual Realms were off the table for 5.4? They didn't. You're making a blind assumption because they haven't mentioned anything about it in a couple of weeks. If you're looking for a reason to quit the game, stop fishing for apocalypse scenarios where "the game is dying/dead". Just unsub, and you'll feel better about it.

Mists of Pandaria has been an incredible expansion compared to Cataclysm, and even Wrath of the Lich King. In all actuality, it's probably better than TBC in terms of overall content.

I really hope they go through with the item squish next expansion. the stat gap between gear has gotten out of hand. as it is, if you go into any sort of pvp without the latest pvp set, you will be entirely useless to your team. you will do 0 damage and die in 2 hits even with the baseline 65% resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the numbers become smaller but ONLY if doesn't mean I won't be able to solo things that I already can. If I'm not able to solo ICC and Ulduar for the mounts next expansion that'll be an astronomical disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I really hope they go through with the item squish next expansion. the stat gap between gear has gotten out of hand. as it is, if you go into any sort of pvp without the latest pvp set, you will be entirely useless to your team. you will do 0 damage and die in 2 hits even with the baseline 65% resilience.
    If you die in 2 hits before the item squish you will die in 2 hits after the item squish. The squish is just to visually reduce damage numbers while still retaining the "power" another option other then the item squish was to abbreviate like instead of 1,000 it would be 1k

If there is an item squish, i'm going to stop playing.

I don't really care if my "relative power" is exactly the same, going from hundreds of thousands of health and damage to a couple thousand if i'm lucky just feels like going backwards to me and I don't like that in a RPG, especially one that has been so "OMG GEAR UP, GET MORE POWERFUL, ITS ALL THAT MATTERS" for so many years. That is beside all the other collateral damage there will be like soloing old content and so on which I have absolutely zero faith that they can maintain as it is while everything is scaled down.

It's their own damn fault for having such monumental jumps in power even between 2 different tiers of gear within the same expansion together, then between expansions its an even more ludicrous increase. They shouldn't have done it that way in the first place, but the damage is done, all they can do is slow it down or just roll with it. I mean does it really matter if we end up doing millions of DPS? Who does it hurt?
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Really? Give me the source where it says Virtual Realms aren't happening.

Also, 5.1 had more content than some major patches did back in the day.

And, to add to that, 5.2 had more content than nearly every major patch WoW has had.

It's definitely poor content. Yup.
    i think you're getting confused, i never said they are definitely not coming, i said probably, read then re-read next time please. and the reason i have said that is because since they have been announced we have not heard a single update on what exactly virtual realms are and what they will bring to wow.

and again please read more carefully, i never mentioned 5.1 and 5.2 i mentioned 5.3, which was terrible.

5.3 was a Storyline patch, just like 5.1 was. There's nothing wrong with those kinds of patches, and they served their purpose perfectly. Not every single patch can be an Icecrown Citadel, a Throne of Thunder, or a Black Temple. If you expect that, then your expectations are way, way too high.

And at what point did they say Virtual Realms were off the table for 5.4? They didn't. You're making a blind assumption because they haven't mentioned anything about it in a couple of weeks. If you're looking for a reason to quit the game, stop fishing for apocalypse scenarios where "the game is dying/dead". Just unsub, and you'll feel better about it.

Mists of Pandaria has been an incredible expansion compared to Cataclysm, and even Wrath of the Lich King. In all actuality, it's probably better than TBC in terms of overall content.
    again have i said they are definitely off the table? i said its looking that way because it hasn't been mentioned, and it has been more than a couple of weeks my friend. and please in no way have i been "fishing for apocalypse scenarios". mop has been my favourite expansion since tbc, and i simply stated that when blizzard say they have a goal, it certainly doesn't mean they will meet it. don't blow what i say out of proportion next time and you might understand me better. oh and p.s i am already unsubbed ty.
    Last edited by mmocc601d8cc3f; 2013-07-30 at 05:08 PM.