Poll: If you could add an Alliance race to the Horde, what race would it be?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post If you could add an Alliance race to the Horde, what race would it be?

Imagine that you're a member of the Horde because all your friends are of the Horde, but still your favorite race is in the Alliance, what race would it be?

Imagine that you play with your favorite race in the Alliance, but you prefer the point of view of the Horde, what race would it be?

The lore necessary for that any of the Alliance races join the Horde will be considered indifferent for practical purposes of this poll: Blizzard can make anything possible.

To see the popularity of the Alliance races, these are the population average percentages of each one of them:

• Humans - 31.1%
    • Night Elves - 19.5%
    • Draenei - 13.1%
    • Worgen - 12.95%
    • Gnomes - 9%
    • Dwarves - 8.35%
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-28 at 05:20 PM.

While I took notice of what you wrote - that the lore necessary would be made up by Blizzard, it would non the less be terrible lore as it is not logical for any of these races to join the Horde under any circumstances...
    The coolest Alliance race imo are Dwarves, but I would not want them to join the Horde.
    Lore-wise the only 2 Alliance races which could have some logical explanations of why they're in the Horde are:
    1. Dwarves (mainly the Dark-Iron Dwarves) - perhaps joining the Horde as a result of a civil war between the 3 Dwarven factions of Ironforge due to the rising tensions etc.
    2. Worgen - In a scenario where Sylvanas and her Forsaken manage to conqueror Gilneas, I can see how some worgen will vow their allegiance to the Banshee-Queen, but ofc most will remain in the Alliance and strive to fight her off.

Besides, the races of the Horde are all better than the Alliance imo... Worgen and Dwarves are ok.
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-07-28 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, Gnomes. It would be funny to see the reaction of horde players at the very least.

But there is actually a valid lore reason why Gnomes could be on the Horde's side. Initially, they didn't join the Alliance because they believed it was the best thing in the world. They only joined it because the Dwarves "discovered" them, and soon the two races became close friends. The Gnomes only really joined the Alliance because their friends were members, meaning they should join as well. If a group of Tauren met the Gnomes first, it's very likely we would see Gnomes in the Horde this very day. Of course, that was a long time ago, so the Gnomes do probably feel loyalty to the Alliance as a whole now. Still, the thought of Gnomes being on the Horde certainly would be... interesting.

None. I like all the Alliance races and don't want to share.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Draenei. They are mostly neutral, and I could see some of them actually joining the Horde to try to steer that faction into the Light or something. Or acting as ambassador trying for peace between factions after the Siege of Orgrimmar.

"blizzard can make anything possible" .............

precisely whats wrong with the game they have done more than enough past few years

People would rage if humans crossed over it would alienate more players than it would be welcomed

Plus the concept of it is just a lame cop-out. "Oh look our NEW feature you can play race x on faction y now" oooo wow so exciting....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I voted gnomes because i am an alliance player that would like to get rid of gnomes from the alliance.

Let the horde handle gnome trash for a while.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may be indifferent to it, but I'll throw lore in as well because I've been working on this.This will be introduced along with Neutral Race Naga.

Blood Elf
    Eversong Woods gets an update to reflect the changes of the Cataclysm and the attacks of the Naga. The alliance has also obtained a foothold in Eversong, attempting to sway the Blood Elves back into the Alliance. At the end of the zone, players will choose to remain with the Blood Elves or leave with the Silver Covenant as a "High" Elf.

Blood Elves continue along to Ghostlands, which are in the process of being restored akin to what we saw in WPL. However, the Zandalari/Amani trolls are on the move, and a new Death Knight has risen to power in Scourgeholme.

High Elves move to a new zone in Northern Lordaeron. The Alliance is attempting to establish a naval base in the mountainous, forested region. But the Forsaken are moving in from the south, and the Naga coming ashore to the west.

One other note with Northern Lordaeron. Worgen will be given the option to travel to Teldrassil or go to Northern Lordaeron after finishing their starting chain.

Dwarf

Dwarves were a tricky add after the Blood in the Snow scenario, but someone on these forums gave me an idea finally.

Dun'morogh proceeds much as usual, up until Helm's Bed Lake. Rather than discovering the Dark Irons alone are making an attack on the Airfield, it's a whole group of rebels. At the airstrip, things proceed as usual until you defeat the rebel leader, at which point you need to make a choice. Follow along with "Queen Moira"'s support of the Alliance and kill the leader, or spare the leader and join his attempts to remove the Dark Irons from Ironforge. Of course, the latter requires aid... from the Horde.

Alliance Dwarves continue to Loch Modan, while Horde ones go to Undercity.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Night elves, because horde deserves a druid race that doesn't look absolutely terrible, both in and out of animal forms!

Deleted
    Dwarf to the horde!
    Dark dwarfie

10+ Year Old Account
    take gnomes , i'll gladly pay whoever is in charge to take those bloody gnomes off aliance...or male spacegoats...

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen.

Had Garrosh not ordered the Forsaken to go offensive on Gilneas, it would've made sense if the Worgen had been shunned by the humans, much like the Forsaken were, due to their curse, and had then found friends in the Forsaken.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Worgen.

Had Garrosh not ordered the Forsaken to go offensive on Gilneas, it would've made sense if the Worgen had been shunned by the humans, much like the Forsaken were, due to their curse, and had then found friends in the Forsaken.
    Woah woah woah.... Back up. Garrosh ordered the invasion, but Garrosh didn't plague Gilneas, revive Godfrey, and blackmail Crowley into surrender. Sylvanas is the reason the Worgen will never join the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Woah woah woah.... Back up. Garrosh ordered the invasion, but Garrosh didn't plague Gilneas, revive Godfrey, and blackmail Crowley into surrender. Sylvanas is the reason the Worgen will never join the horde.
    When it comes to using the plague, that's just the way the Forsaken does it.

Sylvanas was just desperate to take Gilneas no matter what, seeing how the rest of the Horde were really doubtful about the Forsaken as a whole after Wrathgate.
    So yeah, Sylvanas is a big part of the reason, but it could've gone very differently had Garrosh not ordered the Forsaken to attack in the first place.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Draenei because /waggle.

Of all the Alliance races, Draenei seem to have had the most cordial relations with the Orcs, and generally have the age to actually remember those relations. From day 1 of the humans, dwarves, gnomes, night elves, Gilneans meeting the orcs, they've all been trying to murder one another.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Gnomes.... who doesn't love gnomes and well goblins are ugly... just sayin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    When it comes to using the plague, that's just the way the Forsaken does it.

Sylvanas was just desperate to take Gilneas no matter what, seeing how the rest of the Horde were really doubtful about the Forsaken as a whole after Wrathgate.
    So yeah, Sylvanas is a big part of the reason, but it could've gone very differently had Garrosh not ordered the Forsaken to attack in the first place.
    You're trying really hard to justify it. Garrosh told her not to use the plague, and even sent an overseer to ensure she didn't. She scoffs at the Orcs and plagues all of Lordaeron.

You can't blame Garrosh when she openly rejects Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    so my idea for dark fallen gets shunned yet people fap at the idea of horde worgen....

If the horde were willing to make it an even trade, I'd happily trade Worgen for Tauren. As an alliance player, Tauren is the only horde race I really care for, with Worgen being my least favorite alliance race.

...although that would take some massive retconning to work as far as the game's story is concerned. I guess it's not completely impossible for the Tauren to get pissed off over the whole Garrosh thing and jump ship, but that is really stretching it. And Worgen going to horde is an even bigger stretch, considering everything the Forsaken have done to them. But, as OP said, Blizzard owns the game and could do anything.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-28 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    whay cant ALL races be ally and horde ?? theres "always" defectors etc.. humans should defo be multi racial goodies n baddies tho.