Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I just figured out why there are so many bots Alliance side. My Warlock just hit 90 and been trying to grind out some honor for gear. My win rate is 12.5% if you subtract AV and IoC.
    You're full of sh** mister.
    From your own post - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21696903 - so either you've made another warlock, or you don't even have 90 lvl lock.

No point in any discussion without link to your lock profile (if it exists ...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably because its easier to grind honor that way. But considering during the last month of running bgs I've seen mostly Horde steamrolling Alliance, outside of AV or IoC, it may be due to a sanity factor as well.
    Last edited by Vamandrac; 2013-08-08 at 06:27 AM.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed (and have had guild mates admit to me) that people roll bots on Alliance and then xfer that character over to horde because of the amount of bots already running on Alliance. I guess you're far less likely to be reported for botting, while in a BG full of bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Run the ReFlex addon and it makes it easy to keep track of your win/loss record by battleground, HK.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/refl...ound-historian

I've played hundreds of BGs at level cap on both factions and my experience is similar to what other people are saying. AV and IoC are the two BGs that alliance dominate (alliance have won 82% of AVs on my main and 85% of IoCs). The remaining BGs all go in the Hordes favor. ToK is a debacle. Probably the easiest BG strat/execution wise but when that one pops I'm surprised any time it's not up against a Tich premade. My theory (key word 'theory' - I don't have any non-anecdotal evidence to back this up) is that Horde seem to be far more active in terms of setting up premades for regular BGs. The 10man BGs (and to a lesser extent 15mans) are easier to sway with a premade group. Using the oQueue addon there seem to be more groups going for random bg premades horde side than alliance, particularly on CTAs.

I can also see why people don't consider AV and IoC real PvP. AV you can ride from one end of the map to the other without much resistence. The number of times I've been in a win and scored less than 10hks is pretty telling. IoC can be the same (although not as bad), you can score some hks on afks or bads that are spawning in the horde keep as alliance, maybe a few at workshop, but without chasing kills a win without any actual pvp is more than possible. The smaller bgs don't seem to have that.
    Here is the big difference, the only reason Alliance wins more than 50% of the AV and IoC bg's is because they are the only two BG's that Alliance does not have to face the Horde head on to win. They are also proof that the Horde having better players or are more organized is a myth, if they did/were they would dominate those as well.

You factor in that nothing changes at the start of the seasons, even without gear Horde still dominate everything but AV and IoC that would rule out just being better geared.

This leaves only one conclusion the Horde faction is a more powerful faction.

I remember a while back someone doing a random 20 BG sampling excluding AV and IoC and added the damage totals of the top 5 damage doers per BG for each faction and found that the Horde side was averaging about 20% more in total damage. However the speculation is not that they are 20% stronger but that they have a built in 10% damage increase buff and 10% damage mitigation buff which combined accounts for the 20% higher total damage.

It was also speculated that they have a buff 10% speed buff which can be easiest seen in SofA when some one is in a Demo. Get to a high area like a gun tower watch how fast the demo moves when the Horde have it then do the same when Alliance has it. I tested this myself and sure looks like the demos move a bit faster while driven by the Horde.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-12-22 at 11:21 AM.

AV and IoC are on my BG ban list for reasons listed above. Rarely do actual PVP, stupid vehicles (i'd ban SotA too but IoC is much worse) and there is no symmetry in IoC or AV and without symmetry you have bias, therefore not worth playing.

On Topic, people bot because they are lazy and it's easy to do with little or no chance of being caught, much less punished. I had a friend in TBC who botted all day when he was at school, and he'd come home and buy a new piece of gear, play some arena and log out.

His response was "I dont care if they ban me for 3 days, Im not going to waste my time grinding honor." Needless to say he only ever got 'caught' once and that was only a 72 hour ban, which to him was a "small price to pay for multiple sets of gear." Plus the ban happened on Friday morning so he cared even less. And the best part was he didn't lose any gear at all because they couldn't "prove" whether or not he was playing when he obtained it.

Thats my only real first hand experience with a botter, and he was not even trying to conceal it very well, blatantly botting in AV almost every day anytime new BG gear came out.

I used to report bots, but now I Don't even bother. Offer an incentive to report, or offer some data that it's not a complete waste of time. The ole "Just keep reporting, we'll get them eventually." gets tired after 7 fricking years.

I find that the winrates are pretty Horde skewed too, but the worst part is that there's like 3/4 horrible battlegrounds (IoC, Mines, Gilneas, Temple) which you can't all vote away and they're all so goddamn one-sided and boring every single time

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    I find that the winrates are pretty Horde skewed too, but the worst part is that there's like 3/4 horrible battlegrounds (IoC, Mines, Gilneas, Temple) which you can't all vote away and they're all so goddamn one-sided and boring every single time
    ..IoC is one of the ones alliance wins majority of the time. With that in mind block mines + the one you hate most out of gilneas/temple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

more like fact unless in some universe 12% is better than 76%
    anecdotal evidence != facts sir.
    Besides this, your personally recorded win/loss ratio has 0 saying in overall collected data, as its miniscule. The only common factor in the recorded datastrips is you and hence the only conclusion one could draw is one involving you as reason to win or ... not(Maybe you can see what i did there).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    anecdotal evidence != facts sir.
    Besides this, your personally recorded win/loss ratio has 0 saying in overall collected data, as its miniscule. The only common factor in the recorded datastrips is you and hence the only conclusion one could draw is one involving you as reason to win or ... not(Maybe you can see what i did there).
    Personally recorded data is all we have as Blizzard has not nor ever will allow third party access to overall win/loss data, KBs per faction, total damage per faction etc... because it is lopsided and the backlash that would surely occur over it would both be embarrassing and likely cost them millions in sub fees.

what is the sample? big enough to make it a fact? My alliance toons win 76% and my horde toons win 12%.

Who's sample is correct?

Deleted
    Which horde players have banned AV and IoC from their bg lists? -- The more experienced ones because of win/lose ratio. This means that a whole lot of inexperienced Horde players are running Alterac Valley because they simply doesn't know any better.
    On the Alliance side its the other way around. This gives us a BG with 70% experienced players on Alliance side and 30% experienced players on Horde and the problem will only continue to get worse.

I have yet to figure out which BG's Alliance typically ban - because those would be the ones I want to play.

(OT - I always gets logged out before being able to post my message, would it kill the servers to extend the idle to maybe 10 min?)

I'd rather have a 12% chance of getting cancer than a 76% chance.

Off topic and semantics. But you didn't specify.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

I see pretty much the same amount of bots on both sides, with horde have slightly higher average ilvl most of the time. Could just be my battlegroup, but if I queue solo I have a 47% win rate across both factions on both healers and dps. I came to that conclusion some time ago by looking at armory statistics btw, was pretty interesting to see exactly 47% winrate on all of my alts across both factions, and a 64% on my main.

The numbers that OP posted are completely useless, basically he did less than 10 BGs and lost most of them, that is not unlikely at all, especially as a fresh 90 since you can't really make a difference (for the better at least).
    Before his numbers actually tell anything he would need to do couple hundred BGs.

I'd say that the win/loss ratio is about 50/50 atm, or close enough to it that if you are a good player you will probably win more than you lose.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Deleted
    I think I've found the OP's chars...
    (Sorry about the spaces, can't post links yet)
    Monk - us.battle.net /wow/en/character/tichondrius/Dabrix/simple
    Lock - us.battle.net /wow/en/character/lightbringer/Lilicia/simple
    wowprogress - www .wowprogress.com/character/us/lightbringer/Lilicia

In another post he linked an ally lock called Liliciä. I searched round a bit and this profile seems to fit. (Komurka linked the post further back in the thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    Which horde players have banned AV and IoC from their bg lists? -- The more experienced ones because of win/lose ratio. This means that a whole lot of inexperienced Horde players are running Alterac Valley because they simply doesn't know any better.
    On the Alliance side its the other way around. This gives us a BG with 70% experienced players on Alliance side and 30% experienced players on Horde and the problem will only continue to get worse.

I have yet to figure out which BG's Alliance typically ban - because those would be the ones I want to play.

(OT - I always gets logged out before being able to post my message, would it kill the servers to extend the idle to maybe 10 min?)
    Problem with that theory is the Horde side has dominated every BG but AV and IoC before you could ban an BG, all the way back to vanilla where they dominated AB and WSG, and Alliance won AV 50% plus time (after the Horde backdoor cheat was fixed) in fact I have been BGing since vanilla and Alliance wins so few WSG's even a single cap is rare so I am still at honored with the silvering sentinels.

Speaking of that; other stats I would love to see is how many Horde are exalted with the sentinels vs Alliance, I bet it is more that a 100 - 1 ratio. Or How many Horde vs Alliance have the blood thirsty title, as many BGs as the Horde win and how much higher their KB's and HKs are I would bet it is at least 10 Horde players for every 1 Alliance.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-12-25 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    ^^ Yep you're right, it slipped my mind and I've been a bg player since BC. =) I stand corrected.

Stats about these bg's are a lot of fun, it is too bad there aren't any official ones (or are there?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sthu View Post
    ^^ Yep you're right, it slipped my mind and I've been a bg player since BC. =) I stand corrected.

Stats about these bg's are a lot of fun, it is too bad there aren't any official ones (or are there?).
    Nope, as I stated earlier Blizzard has not nor likely ever will allow a third party access to these kind of stats ( they are just that bad).

I did start using the Reflex add-on someone mentioned to track BG win/loss here are my results from yesterday, it is worse than I thought and lends credence to the OP;

3 wins 18 losses on the day, many were complete blowout gy camp fests, and I am in almost full conquest gear but it feels like I am in the previous bracket on a team of all level 85's going against a team of all 89's. When you are at level 90 and this late in the season and still getting GY camped on a regular basis there is a serious faction balance problem.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-12-26 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    To get an accurate number you must do like +500 BGs or rmaybe even more.

No idea if it's bot related or not but horde does win the majority of random 10/15 man bg's. Even if you have oqueue you can see that horde wins the majority of time.

I hated the pvp part of the legendary quest chain as alliance; took me several hours to complete it.