Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Yay! ^^
    How's the guild doing?
    Okay. Hoping next patch will fix realm-being-dead issue. It's hard to find recruits these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Okay. Hoping next patch will fix realm-being-dead issue. It's hard to find recruits these days.
    Really? That's a pity.
    I'm hanging out in AD these days. It seems to be... okay in terms of population (though I'm not in a raiding guild anymore). Very active RP scene, too!

Anyway, lunch break here. Say hi to people from me?

Not that many, I'd think.
    I say this because a lot of guys think male Blood Elves look 'gay' and that male Draenai are too big. And so there is a huge number of female Draenai and Blood Elves running around (this is putting aside the fact that a lot of guys think these pixels look sexy). So, if they wanted to play a BE, chances are that a female is more likely to be chosen.

Having said that, I am a female player, and 10 out of my 11 characters are female. The only male being a Blood Elf because I actually think female Blood Elves look really bitchy, though I did recently make one afterall.
    Female players are more likely to play females than males are. If you see a female Dwarf or a female Undead, it's more likely to be a female playing it than a male. That's not to say that males don't, it just seems more likely, based on my experience and people I know. But, of course, there are no gender restrictions. Guys to play girls, and girls do play guys. If you really desperately needed to know if a player was male or female, you'd be better off asking them. Though, I wouldn't advise it, because a lot of girls can be a bit secretive about playing games because they don't want to be stalked/abused/harassed or be given any special treatment. I don't think it really matters who is playing a character, anyways, but that's probably because, after playing WoW for 5 years, I've only recently become a little more open about my gender.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Really? That's a pity.
    I'm hanging out in AD these days. It seems to be... okay in terms of population (though I'm not in a raiding guild anymore). Very active RP scene, too!

Anyway, lunch break here. Say hi to people from me?
    <Snip, Image removed>

Mod Edit: Please post something more constructive than a picture.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-08-02 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably quite a few. But most people that are female and play prefer to have their gender unknown for obvious reasons. I used to get guys whispering me all the time in Wrath because I played a female Nelf and they used to think I was actually a girl. Damn, that shit was creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    I say this because a lot of guys think male Blood Elves look 'gay' and that male Draenai are too big. And so there is a huge number of female Draenai and Blood Elves running around (this is putting aside the fact that a lot of guys think these pixels look sexy). So, if they wanted to play a BE, chances are that a female is more likely to be chosen.
    I feel that argument is a bit of a generalization when it comes to male players. I mean, the whole 'it looks gay' argument should ideally go away by the end of puberty, when he grows up and becomes secure enough in his own masculinity to play androgynous-looking characters. Not counting frat boys and dudebros, that is, but they only play CoD and Fifa anyway /sweepinggeneralizations

And yes, many WoW players are adults. They just tend to not scream quite as loudly as their younger counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I was checking his stuff earlier, and its 40% of characters of are female. It's something like 28% of players identify female as real person gender.

Not that it matters that much. Close enough.

The point is there is no reason to be AHHFEMALES here.
    Ah ok thanks, my memory is starting to fail apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeaye View Post
    Actually, I find male blood elfs quite cute and I would definitely play as one, especially if they were reverted to their original model (slimmer and with less steroids). I am really jealous for some of their hair styles... such silken masterpieces *_*

Deleted
    My girlfriend does, so that makes it at least one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    Way more women play this game than you think. In fact, most of my (female) friends play male toons almost exclusively. Until you heard them in Vent, you'd have no idea the person you were playing with was a woman.

And if it's any consolation, you may assume everyone you talk to is a man, but I generally assume anyone I talk to is a woman, so fair's fair.
    Also, I think the ''one of the guys'' type of girl enjoys to just make a male character and hop in the game. Everyone expect you're a guy anyway, if you rolled a male toon most can't even imagine there's a female somewhere playing it. On the other side, when I was out in the world on my female toon, I tend to behave like a woman. Throwing kisses around and stuff like that :P for some reason, you get much more responses if you would do that on your male toon. How could that be? You dirty little perverts!!! Haha, I'm male btw

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Also, I think the ''one of the guys'' type of girl enjoys to just make a male character and hop in the game. Everyone expect you're a guy anyway, if you rolled a male toon most can't even imagine there's a female somewhere playing it. On the other side, when I was out in the world on my female toon, I tend to behave like a woman. Throwing kisses around and stuff like that :P for some reason, you get much more responses if you would do that on your male toon. How could that be? You dirty little perverts!!! Haha, I'm male btw
    That's a very male-centric way of thinking how 'behaving like a woman' works, to be honest.

in WOTLK a women ( paladin ) out dpsed me in my old guild

Deleted
    About 7%. Though, 95% of all statistics are made up on the spot! No, for a real answer, only male orcs and male humans play wow, so the answer would be 0.

I'd guess that most of the female chars in WoW are male players behind it, but some female players probably play male chars... guys just nerd more.

It'd be interesting to see if Blizz has any statistics on the gender representation.
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2013-08-02 at 11:20 AM.

Im a lady, but I usually just shut up about it, except if i HAVE to talk on vent/ts. Because i've met too many creepy dudes over the past 5 years playing.

Im naiv, so i think the best in people. Turned out to be wrong a million times :P

I think there are more women in my guild than men. We only have ~20 active players, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    in WOTLK a women ( paladin ) out dpsed me in my old guild
    How did that make you feel?

Deleted
    quite a few play

Deleted
    Our 10 man raid team consists of 2 girls (one of them is me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I think there are more women in my guild than men. We only have ~20 active players, but still.
    Suddenly your guild is now flooded with applys hehehe

I'm a female and my main is a female goblin hunter.