Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

no new class or race for next xpack?

no new class or race for next xpack?

the pattern so far has been race>class>race> but mop broke the pattern by adding both a class and race. so my question is do you think we are going to get a new zone and old content update with no class or race. or we may get another hero class.

i would prefer an update on old content(BC and WOTLK) and another portal similar to the dark portal leading to another dimension. i just dont see a new class or race for the next xpack.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

15+ Year Old Account
    If it fits the expansion yes. Otherwise no.
    You make me smile with my heart.

I don't want another class or race, we have plenty of both already. Classes are never balanced for the beginning of the expansion, they're either brokenly overpowered in PvP (see DKs in season 5) or they're completely useless (see Monks in 5.0). And races are just boring for the most part, though if they remove racials then I won't really care, because racials are annoying, so hopefully they go away and race no longer matters.

I'd rather them just add really good 90-95 zones, don't care about vanilla/bc/wrath, I'm sure that they aren't going to do that because they just did it in Cata and said it was a bad idea. So hopefully they just focus on new content instead of old content.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henock View Post
    If it fits the expansion yes. Otherwise no.
    Fit? In case you haven't heard, Blizzard is all about the gameplay, the story is secondary.

They will make it fit if they want it - even if they have to amputated a huge section of lore.

I like the idea of updating northrend and outland along with a mini underwater zone and some more islands in the middle of the sea. This will allow us to finish off Azshara and N'zoth in the expansion. Than the next expansion would be the twisted nether or some demonic planet just not argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is unlikely they will add neither, but we'll see I suppose.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd either like to see no new races or classes and a fourth spec for all classes (and druids can get a new form or some shit). Like previous poster said, we have enough of both already.

New continent is a must though. Possibly the draenei home world?

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    I like the idea of updating northrend and outland along with a mini underwater zone and some more islands in the middle of the sea. This will allow us to finish off Azshara and N'zoth in the expansion. Than the next expansion would be the twisted nether or some demonic planet just not argus.
    What's wrong with Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    Possibly the draenei home world?
    that would bee interesting. would love to see some of the badass looking gear similar to crystalforge armor. purple/pink shiny gear is awesome

Deleted
    Races, despite what some people are saying, are a very helpful addition to strengthen the aspect of lore in new expansions. I do agree that racials should be revamped to act pretty much as "minor glyphs" in the sense that they offer no real advantages in terms of both pve and pve, but other than that, I'd say Blizzard has interest on presenting new races other than "because it's new stuff".

I'd much rather sacrifice new races for new models of existing races, and new classes for a better (and more reactive) balance of the current classes (especially in pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    the pattern so far has been race>class>race> but mop broke the pattern by adding both a class and race. so my question is do you think we are going to get a new zone and old content update with no class or race. or we may get another hero class.
    Blizzard doesnt like to have patterns so nothing that could become a pattern lasts beyond a few expansions. As soon as people started putting together the pattern for legendaries and then predicting who would get one next, they went a whole new direction. So we dont really know what to expect except that more classes or specs are unlikely because they have enough problems getting the ones that we have already to work right.

Oh and they like to do false equivalencies. Like it is likely that if people complain that there is not a new race, they will counter by claiming the new character models count as a new race because they are new character skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really just want space goat warlocks. . .

Deleted
    I don't know, how uptodate this info is, but isn't the next expansion supposed to be the last? So it's possible that this will be the last expansionpack. If so, the it would be likely to be lvl 91-100 and not 91-95. But well, this was before the delay of Titans. So it could also be, that Blizz will make at leas 2 expansions and the next would be lvl 91-95.
    B2T. I think there is room for some new races and since they don't have too much impact on balance, there will certainly be at least 1 new race. On the other hand we have, as it is now, enough classes, so it is unlikely, that they introduce a new one.
    What they can do, is to upgrade all the old classes to "Heroclasses". For example, if the character reaches lvl 100, then that character can ascent to a heroclass. A shaman could become a Farseer, Warlock-> Necromancer, Hunter->Demonhunter, Rogue->Assassin a.s.o. These classes will basically remain the same, but with a few more abilities (like for example the metaform of a demolock) or a new skilltree or for example, that they can let the player "mix" the skilltrees, which are already there. But not like the old skilltrees, where you could take some skills from one tree and some from the other (although i have to admit, that i miss it^^). This "mixing" could provide some hybridespells, like....i don't know...Rain of Fire with shadowmeteorites, which give the affected mobs a seed of corruption-like debuff (it's just an example).
    But the most likely scenario in case of heroclasses-introduction, would be a few new abilities and some cosmetic changes.
    Last edited by mmoce592f61e60; 2013-08-09 at 03:30 AM.

It'd be a nice pattern if it went:

TBC - new races
    Wrath - new class
    Cata - new races
    MoP - new race and class
    X5 - new char models

I guess? But Blizzard doesn't care about patterns, they will do what feels like the best thing for the game. So it's completely up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by c2dholla619 View Post
    i would prefer an update on old content(BC and WOTLK) and another portal similar to the dark portal leading to another dimension. i just dont see a new class or race for the next xpack.
    I could do without any more classes for a while, possibly races too. I don't think TBC/Wrath need a content update apart from maybe minor things they could do in a patch not an expansion. I also don't think they're keen on the idea because everyone bitched so hard about Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwombat View Post
    I don't know, how uptodate this info is, but isn't the next expansion supposed to be the last?
    Hard to say - how up to date is information that was never true?

Blizzard is currently working on the next THREE expansions! The game may not be big enough to justify them by then but that's an unknown. What we do know is, Blizzard intends to keep making WoW as long as people still want to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwombat View Post
    I don't know, how uptodate this info is, but isn't the next expansion supposed to be the last? So it's possible that this will be the last expansionpack. If so, the it would be likely to be lvl 91-100 and not 91-95. But well, this was before the delay of Titans. So it could also be, that Blizz will make at leas 2 expansions and the next would be lvl 91-95.
    Theyve always said that they will continue to make expansions as long as people continue to play. Titan is not supposed to compete with WoW and will probably not have a subscription. They have also said that they dont care about the number 100. It will be weird to see things at level 101+ though.

I think new models will be a big seller point to the next expansion, and possibly a 4th spec--despite already unbalanced specs (I think they're OK, then again, I don't really care either way). But people would QQ over a 4th spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Theyve always said that they will continue to make expansions as long as people continue to play. Titan is not supposed to compete with WoW and will probably not have a subscription. They have also said that they dont care about the number 100. It will be weird to see things at level 101+ though.
    I guess the will continue with a Diablo 3 like leveling system with paragonlevels.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i think technically TBC was class and Race... cause both factions gained the class that was specific from the other faction...

horde gained Pally
    alliance gained shammy

so really it is
    TBC - new races and class
    Wrath - new class
    Cata - new races
    MoP - new race and class

looking at that i think it will be another class by itself...

personally i'd still love a hero class, say at level 80....

a battlemage http://www.wowwiki.com/Battle_mage
    or
    a ranger http://www.wowwiki.com/Ranger

or perhaps both, they could even put both in mail since alot of people are thinking thats what the next class will have

Quote Originally Posted by umara View Post
    well i think technically TBC was class and Race... cause both factions gained the class that was specific from the other faction...

horde gained Pally
    alliance gained shammy

so really it is
    TBC - new races and class
    Wrath - new class
    Cata - new races
    MoP - new race and class

looking at that i think it will be another class by itself...

personally i'd still love a hero class, say at level 80....

good point. i never thought of TBC like that

im fine with new models of the old races
    new race is secondary and a new class would be stupid
    and i like axxons idea with the 4th spec