Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smagusen View Post
    They released garbage three time in a row: Cata, Diablo III, MOP.

How many times more should they fail to lose their seal of approval in the eyes of gamers? The old Blizzard we used to admire is gone, dead, kaput. It's Activision, get used to it.
    "Garbage."

In your opinion, maybe, but there is nothing subjectively wrong with any of those games. They might not meet your (I'm guessing unreasonably high) expectations, but that doesn't make them any less "quality."

Blizzard tries new things every time they release something new. That's what they do. Sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss. Just because you think it's a miss doesn't make it any less of a quality product - it's just different. And that's what I think most people seem to be missing here. "I personally didn't enjoy this as much as their previous product for whatever reason" =! "this is the worst thing they ever released."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    In your opinion, maybe, but there is nothing subjectively wrong with any of those games. They might not meet your (I'm guessing unreasonably high) expectations, but that doesn't make them any less "quality."
    Well I would say many players will say that Cataclysm and D3 were massive disappointments. Especially during Cataclysm they hooked people to subscribe to annual pass and then release little to no content for a year or smth. Sure these are not awful products by any means, but when to think what Blizzard stood for Cata/D3 were bad products compared that what their standard was. MoP on the other hands is up to their standard. Some might not like the chinese theme, I dont like it, but amount and quality of content wise it's good product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    . MoP on the other hands is up to their standard.
    It's not and I honestly fail to see the distinction between it and cataclysm. It strikes me as more of the same albeit far grindier and annoying.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Yes, they are. Even D3 cut the curve lately (imho). The game is very fun. The only mistake was the RMAH and I doubt they will repeat that.

For now I can't name one game of them I don't own and I still play every single one of them not replaced by sequels (D2 -> D3). Except SC, still play the classic sometimes.

For me, yes. I enjoy D3, WoW, SC2 and still play old WC games, actually other than WoW I don't play any other triple A games. For last year I've been playing only WoW, few roguelikes and pokemon on DS, that's all
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

SC2 is the only decent Game Blizzard has released the last years IMO.

D3 is ''eh'', Cata and MoP are garbage.

Deleted
    Last two games from Blizzard that score more than 5/10 from me:

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

everything between TBC and SCII has been a mess, and everything after SCII has been a mess and lack of innovation (and domination of greed as well, insofar as the lack of innovation has taken root in Blizzard)

Deleted
    The issue with a lot of games these days is that they feel like 90% movie/10% game (such as The Last of Us).

Until Blizzard begins going down that route, they aren't that bad. I do think they have gotten worse over the past few years, however; but who knows, maybe they'll blow us out of the water with Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they are, wow's Xpacs and D3 may not be up to blizzards usual standards but by any standard they are still good games. People have a tendancy to exaggerate when it comes to the reduced quality of the mentioned titles, but they are still fun games even if they are not as good as vanilla - Wotlk and D2.

On top of that alot of folk simply dislike change and tend to confuse change with poor quality
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Show me a game dev that's been in the business for several years, released several products, and hasn't stumbled once or twice.

D3 was Blizzard's stumble. Everything else they've released was fantastic. You might be able to count Cataclysm, but then that's what happens when Blizzard listens to all the community whines and tries to change the game to fit them. The quality of their games is still fantastic, it's just that some of their ideas about their target audience are a little off at the moment. They'll get it eventually.
    Well, Diablo 3 is definitely Blizzard's worst product but I also wasn't very happy with Starcraft 2, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, so they're on a bad streak in my opinion. I see far too many things I don't like become baseline in all their products.

Don't get me wrong, they still make fun games, but I definitely think twice before buying another game from them. Warcraft 1-2-3, Diablo 1-2 and the original Starcraft were much better games than what they release now, if you take into account the different time and its customs. Yeah, I do believe Blizzard has lost a bit of their touch. Heck, I even liked Blackthorne more in its time than I do Diablo 3 or Mists of Pandaria today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    Ofc they are, wow's Xpacs and D3 may not be up to blizzards usual standards but by any standard they are still good games. People have a tendancy to exaggerate when it comes to the reduced quality of the mentioned titles, but they are still fun games even if they are not as good as vanilla - Wotlk and D2.

On top of that alot of folk simply dislike change and tend to confuse change with poor quality
    I loved playing custom games (fan-made) in Warcraft 3, I don't like it in Starcraft 2. What changed? I think Blizzard put too many restrictions in for it to be fun.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-08-05 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Well I would say many players will say that Cataclysm and D3 were massive disappointments. Especially during Cataclysm they hooked people to subscribe to annual pass and then release little to no content for a year or smth. Sure these are not awful products by any means, but when to think what Blizzard stood for Cata/D3 were bad products compared that what their standard was. MoP on the other hands is up to their standard. Some might not like the chinese theme, I dont like it, but amount and quality of content wise it's good product.
    A LOT of people seem to disregard the fact that Cataclysm also came with a completely revamped 1-60 questing experience. No, it's not "endgame content," and it was actually a free update that you didn't need to buy Cataclysm for - but it was part of the expansion all the same. It took a huge chunk of development time.

Likewise, 80-85 quests were generally great as well. A lot of people may hate on the Vashj'ir because "underwater level," but you can't deny it's a truly unique zone that had a lot of work put into it.

And I honestly don't understand all the Dragon Soul hate. "Wahhh, it's just Dragonblight and the Maelstrom." Did anyone actually expect Deathwing to just suddenly have his own version of Black Citadel/Icecrown? Granted, I expected Grim Batol to be the final raid... yet, it was the first. So there's not much left after that.

Even I'll agree that Cataclysm is the most "underwhelming" expansion so far, but I also can't imagine the current and future of WoW without it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Are you serious? Yes. It shouldn't even be a question. Every game Blizzard puts out is great.
    Fanboy much?

Post constructively please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-08-05 at 11:20 PM.

I loved playing custom games (fan-made) in Warcraft 3, I don't like it in Starcraft 2. What changed? I think Blizzard put too many restrictions in for it to be fun.
    As RTS game, SC2 is far better than WC3 in gameplay and I have played all Blizzard RTSes since original SC. WC3 doesn't even come close to BW and SC2 gameplay wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    A LOT of people seem to disregard the fact that Cataclysm also came with a completely revamped 1-60 questing experience.
    Wasted resources all the way, they should have only revamped the quests, but the rest was a lot of good work just wasted for the sake of changing the look of zones.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post

Diablo 3 hardcore mode is the best video game I played since 1979.

Fantastic on line engine, huge challenge to never die and the best economy system I saw since EvE on line.

If you haven't got some avatars in Diablo 3's hardcore end game, you never experienced the real Diablo 3 at all.

D3 hardcore challenge in pushing the limits to advance is soooo stressful, I can't compare it with anything else in video gaming land. It looks as if all other games look like Kindergarten.

Perhaps I can make one exception: WoW arena's in tournament play, but D3 hardcore beats anything in emotions really.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-08-05 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    They didn't stumble, fandom's hype just grew into ridicilous spheres.

Looking back, I really enjoyed D3 for my first play through. I loved the gameplay for the most part. I killed big D before any nerfs, and it was a great feeling. I only disliked some of the champion tuning in Act 3-4, but loved the bosses.

My expectations for a lifetime of playability was unreasonable and based on something that was impossible to repeat (D2). I still hop on occasionally, but I have less time in general

I will excitedly buy any D3 expansions.

So I have trouble finding flaws with Blizzard, I just think times have changed.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-08-05 at 07:39 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Diablo 3 hardcore mode is the best video game I played since 1979.
    The thing about opinions is that you can have your own, but putting it on anything public can result in the mass majority of readers laughing at you.
    And that statement made me laugh, out loud. Its been a while since a single line of text actually made me laugh.

My expectations for s lifetime of playability was unreasonable. I still hop on occasionally, but I have less time in general.
    never expect anything from anyone at anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    The thing about opinions is that you can have your own, but putting it on anything public can result in the mass majority of readers laughing at you.
    it's benbos, he only posts comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post

it's benbos, he only posts comedy.
    He's up there with panscape. I wonder if he knows that there is a screenshot of a post from this site, on reddit's r/cringe. Its another one of his pieces of comedy. Thousands of people laughed at his past opinions, hes a goldmine.

Moderator Note: Stay on topic. None of this is on topic. So knock it off. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-05 at 08:00 PM.