Page 1 of 3
LastLast

With Monk PvP set bonus, they can use Touch of Death once you reach below 10% health?

EDIT: Ok, it looks more like below 25%...Not sure if the bonus has been changed, but looks odd.

Deleted
    touch of death went off even before u got healed so death i guess afterwards even if ur 100k hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    touch of death went off even before u got healed so death i guess afterwards even if ur 100k hp.
    Aaaand Touch of Death always does damage equal to the casting Monk's max health, which pretty much kills you even if you get healed, if it gets off a mere fraction of a second before. Now I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you want to know? The monk pvp set bonus lets you cast Touch of Death on people below 10% HP. If you think you were above 10% then it's a discrepancy between when the monk used ToD and when you healed yourself and since ToD deals the Monk's HP in damage if that went off first it would still one-shot you after being healed above 10% (or even at 100% depending on the differences in your max HP).

Why people do not understand he's talking about +130k damage in one attack instead of using this ability above 10% HP? :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why people do not understand he's talking about +130k damage in one attack instead of using this ability above 10% HP? :/
    what? all he said was explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because WoW's server side latency compared to your local actions. Your heals seem to tick before the ToD takes place, but server-side it isn't resulting in your death. Locally the system calculates it as if the ToD hit did for more damage than intended, while it actually did less damage and should have shown more overkill.

It's just annoying because I healed up to around 45% HP and then that happens.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Game disagreed not a hard concept :P

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Game disagreed not a hard concept :P
    Guess I'll just reroll monk and bullshit RNG my way to glad, no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is lag, always happen

the same difference between server and client can sometimes cause heals to land on your screen, yet the target dies of less dmg then the heal moments later, or the other way around, mages can see huge dmg numbers appear on them and still not take 1 dmg if they iceblock pretty much the same time as they got hit.

Had the later happen in tbc combat log showed i got hit for more then 1 million by archimondes finger of death, but iceblock triggered about the same time so i did not take any dmg (no "immune"the dmg was in the log and viewable by others).

Sucks to die of server-client lag, but sadly you cant rule it out unless you play directly on the server, even the slightest difference in data can result in such glitches

lolol yes because there are just so many Windwalker glads hahaha, holy crap this has to be a troll.

server side lag

happened to me on my pally when i was healing

mage on me, was low hp, went to bubble and heal up
    i got killed yet the cd of my bubble still went off

so prob similar to ur case, very small time lag

lol good luck. Monk has a high skill cap. And this has NOTHING to do with rng. There are absolutely ZERO random numbers. The amount of damage dealt will always be the same. A monk can only cast it if you are >10%. If ToD proc'd, because you were >10% health, and then you healed as he cast it, then ya, you will die.

You can blame RNG all you want, but you would be dead wrong. Unless you can point out what was random here...
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    You had 10% health and Touch of Death queue'd before your heals kicked in serverside, it's not random number generation.

If only Touch of Death actually won any games. 10% of your health I can do with a Blackout Kick.

windwalkers are so crap atm i don't see the problem, you got to 10% hp...you failed hard, g/l rerolling for glad, let us all know how that goes.

According to game you were current/(current+overkill) which is more like 25%.