Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarpixie View Post
    I fully agree with you there, but, as said in the quote I used above what you quoted from my post there, they shouldn't word it this way, as it comes across as being shipped with 5.4, while it isn't.
    Should it be patch 5.4a feature preview. Regardless of when it's released they're gonna call it 5.4A, B, C or whatever it is by the time it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    I don't think the terminology really matters.
    If they merged them then the realm and player names would change. Hence why theyre being called "connected."

i think once servers are connected they can not unlink them, because you have people who are in connected guild and you can not just disconnect them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duende View Post
    If they merged them then the realm and player names would change. Hence why theyre being called "connected."
    I understand, I was replying to someone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorette View Post
    I like the idea of this. HOWEVER, my one and only complaint with the game is that I wish they could implement something in the game to where you do NOT have to be in a group with people from spanish speaking servers (such as Ragnaros). Those are by far the worst people to play with, as they don't understand how to play. The worse LFR/LFD groups I have been in have been with these groups, and I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    This is a generalization about Spanish people or Spanish speaking people and is verging on racism by saying they can not play. If you had claimed it was tough because of a language barrier then it would be a reasonable statement but as it stands it is quite offensive.

You should be warned

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i think once servers are connected they can not unlink them, because you have people who are in connected guild and you can not just disconnect them.
    Right, I'd imagine it would be a difficult proposition to start unlinking these things after it's gone live. That's why I'd rather them do what it takes to get them right before rolling it out.

I understand, I was replying to someone else.
    Oh yea. Mah bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    So... Blizzard basicly saying there is 5.5 patch coming and this will be one of the features that will fill the 8 month gap between last raid and next expansion.... Was totally expected they would try to drag some things out to call patch 5.5.
    I suspect 5.4 by end of month/beginning of next, BlizzCon announcing next xpak, and saying it's coming sooner than expected, so you're stuck with last tier of raiding for 5-6 months maybe.

Deleted
    So it's not even coming in 5.4 now?

What the fuck Blizz? I guess I will continue to stay unsubbed then... and here was me thinking I might get to actually play some of the 5.4 content

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    I suspect 5.4 by end of month/beginning of next, BlizzCon announcing next xpak, and saying it's coming sooner than expected, so you're stuck with last tier of raiding for 5-6 months maybe.
    I love that people are already bitching about being stuck with a raid until the next expansion is released. If they were intellectually honest, they'd acknowledge that Blizzard has kicked ass when it comes to getting patches out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Just lower the Sub fee now (not remove) just lower it a bit from say 8.99 to 4.99 or something. This would claw back a few lost players who have went to the f2p mmo's and found that the f2p mmo's can offer the same experience for less money and often get more updates that WoW (a paid sub mmo that still has micro transaction system).

They really need to make WoW more competitive with the current market if not this downhill spiral of subs they are going through will just continue. A Band-aid fix like joining realms is not enough.
    hmmm dont want to be the guy whu crush your ideal world but they alredy have one of the lowest Sub fee for al looong loong time .If 13 Eu a month is so bad for you then well go get a Job .

I love that people are already bitching about being stuck with a raid until the next expansion is released. If they were intellectually honest, they'd acknowledge that Blizzard has kicked ass when it comes to getting patches out faster.
    Was I bitching? Compared to some xpaks, 5-6 months is very fast. I have to account for release of 5.4 (end of this month) so you're in September, BlizzCon announcement in November, that's 2 months there, then 2-3 months into the new year for release... Fairly quick.

And if I recall Blizz already mentioned they have a team working on the other xpak as the first one was almost complete.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im looking forward to seeing which realms are merged with firetree!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Was I bitching? Compared to some xpaks, 5-6 months is very fast. I have to account for release of 5.4 (end of this month) so you're in September, BlizzCon announcement in November, that's 2 months there, then 2-3 months into the new year for release... Fairly quick.

And if I recall Blizz already mentioned they have a team working on the other xpak as the first one was almost complete.
    That's my fault, it was supposed to have quoted the guy you quoted too I was talking to your point about not having as long a wait as in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Duende View Post
    No, if they merged them, then they would have the PR nightmare to deal with "WOW MERGES SERVERS GAME IS DYING GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN" and so on.

so does this mean CRZ will be taken out? because if so I'm really excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    No, if they merged them, then they would have the PR nightmare to deal with "WOW MERGES SERVERS GAME IS DYING GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN" and so on.
    They don't have to say it's server merging because just reading the method they are using is saying the game is losing population slowly. Also I'm never for these Cross Realm things because some people want to be on a low/med pop server away from others. Rares become more annoying and for someone like me who would spend some hours hunting rares I just couldn't deal with everyone so I simply quit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this idea, and I'm super excited to see the outcome. It will be nice to log onto my shaman and see players active again, or find a guild for her if needed.

If blizzard was smart they would merge some of the horde only servers with alliance populated servers so there is a similar populated on both sides. Makes more competition on the server for both factions for raiding and server firsts. Servers get boring when there is only 1 good guild that gets the servers first, make them work against other guilds as good.

That's my fault, it was supposed to have quoted the guy you quoted too I was talking to your point about not having as long a wait as in the past.
    Sorry about that, gets confusing sometimes and so used to negativity around this game.