Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Pretty sure it's on topic. Someone said they couldn't raid without LFR, yet people raided with PuGs.
    No. It's not on point. And let's not pretend that you're not using this thread as yet another soapbox for your anti-LFR views.

But hey, nice job on getting another thread derailed.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I'd quit I prefer to be able to see the content and not deal with work like schedules and guild drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Yes I would because that would make me again look for pugs or look for guild and become full time raider just to see content. Not everyone have as much time as they used to have before. Some even would quit Wow for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people picture the current game without LFR when asked this question. Rather than picturing how the removal of LFR would be compensated.
    Either PuGs would make a comeback, or flex raiding would replace it. IMO, if you don't have time for either of those, don't expect the game to cater to you even more.
    You are missing the point. TIME, TIME TIME TIME TIME. That is what it comes down to. Most wow players have grown up now and don't have the time to do normal/heroic. LFR is perfect to keep them playing the game without having to commit the time they used to be able to it.

LFR/LFG are the best things that have ever happened to wow.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or the arrogant players will remind us how a single person is responsible for all the decisions they personally disagree with.LFR is there for those who cannot raid traditional format, quite often due to the scheduling requirements made by players such as yourself.
    Insults aside, all the guy you're responding to is doing is derailing another thread. Instead of talking about whether they would be happy or unhappy with LFR hypothetically being removed, we're being treated to the same soapbox arguments we see all the time.

The best thing, and I need to take my own advice is to don't bother to respond to people who skirt the subject with stuff like that.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    It. Is. Called. A. PuG.
    I seem to remember Pugs being crap.
    spending hours in org, spamming chat channels to get a group together for a 5 man, took for ever, then you have people not wanting to wait and dropping out then you have to spam more, then you have to travel to the dungeon.
    yea that sounds like real fun as opposed to LFR, which i can do my dailies, get some gathering done, maybe a scenario

yea pugs sound real good.

with out LFR I would stop playing. my weekly schedule too unpredictable to plan raids, and no way I am going to plan my life around a game.

Pretty sure it's on topic. Someone said they couldn't raid without LFR, yet people raided with PuGs.

So wheres the borderline?

Suddenly people will say they don't have time for LFR. So they'll cut the raids in half. I guess that won't affect my experience right?
    And I didn't tell anyone to quit, nice try though.
    The borderline is there already, you're too blinded by your own disdain to even see it. When did anyone say they were going to cut raids in half and if Blizzard decided to do that, why would it have to have anything to do with LFR? Answer, they didn't and it wouldn't. Your just pulling things out of thin air to prove something, but I'm not sure what that even is. Yeah, and your quote's right up there, it very easy to see what you were suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    I'd quit I prefer to be able to see the content and not deal with work like schedules and guild drama.
    Your sig is fucking creepy.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    PUGS can't clear normal ToT and it takes far to long to make one and to clear the raid if they can. Like i said i have better things to do now days but i still want to see content. LFR is perfect for that.

So if they removed LFR i wouldn't bother to resub. ever.
    If they designed the game to be PuGed then ToT would be tuned to allow them. JUST like normal raids in Wrath were. And you don't need to make one, in Wrath there were usually PuGs looking for people.

i have better things to do now days but i still want to see content.
    Exactly the problem. You have better things to do, but still expect the game to make time for you.

LFR is all that's keeping you playing. I think that's proof that you don't really care for the game and that the game shouldn't be catering to people like that.

And I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but everyone can't have everything while still keeping the integrity of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add. Without LFR raids would never be as big as they are now. Without LFR there wasn't a reason to justify more then 7/8 bosses a teir because NOBODY DID THEM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's a good feature that is useful to the game, and it would be harmful to the game with regards to alienating a lot of players.

There is pretty much never any justification for removing content, only providing more options.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

IMO, if you don't have time for either of those, don't expect the game to cater to you even more.
    The time I spent looking for and raiding in a Cata PuG was less or on par with what players spend doing LFR and I didnt even VP cap every week which had the benefit of not running out of VP items on the vendor like the many who would VP every week then hit the forums crying that there is nothing left to do in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There is pretty much never any justification for removing content, only providing more options.
    It is interesting that Blizzard dumped in more development resources to bring in more content and options in MoP only to largely sideline them with LFR.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-07 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is all that's keeping you playing. I think that's proof that you don't really care for the game and that the game shouldn't be catering to people like that.
    It doesn't keep me playing. My sub hasn't been active for months now. I only plan to resub once all SoO LFR is unlocked, clear it, Get a heroic hellscream kill from my guild and unsub again. That is how alot of people play now days.
    Aye mate

It doesn't keep me playing. My sub hasn't been active for months now. I only plan to resub once all SoO LFR is unlocked, clear it, Get a heroic hellscream kill from my guild and unsub again. That is how alot of people play now days.
    Glad your promoting less subscriptions for your own greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    My own greed? greed? please explain that. What the hell has it got to do with greed. I play like that because i get bored way faster with wow then i used to.
    Aye mate

My own greed? greed? please explain that. What the hell has it got to do with greed. I play like that because i get bored way faster with wow then i used to.
    I need to do MY raid NOW so I can see them and get my gear and unsub!

The casualization turns WoW into just a game. It used to be a hobby. That's the difference. Some people want to play a game, some people want to play a hobby. People don't mind spending time on a hobby.

People who do normal/heroic shouldn't care because it doesn't affect any of them. You get better gear and chances at things like rare mounts. If you do care though, why? Don't ever step foot in it and there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to do MY raid NOW so I can see them and get my gear and unsub!

The casualization turns WoW into just a game. It used to be a hobby. That's the difference. Some people want to play a game, some people want to play a hobby. People don't mind spending time on a hobby.
    MY? raid. Millions of people do LFR how is it MY raid?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    im sorry but what?
    I think a point is trying to be made, but how is one guy subbing when new stuff comes out, promoting less subs for their own greed?I am sure they do not get money for people that do not sub.

the fact of the matter is Pugs sucked. LFR good, you don't like LFR then don't use LFR.
    I would be very upset if LFR went away.
    Vanilla i had time to go to planned raids, TBC for half of it same, wrath, I went to ZERO raids due to time, cata when LFR first came out was first time i raided since TBC, and now MOP LFR is great. I get to go in a raid when I want. I get ti see most of the bosses, see how raid fights have progressed from the old tank and spank days. and i get nice looking gear. I have zero intention on normal or heroic modes, and being on a US server odd of me getting into a flex raid with my guild are Zero

dude your comment

The casualization turns WoW into just a game. It used to be a hobby.

here is a life lesson, it is just a game. there are things more important in life.
    Last edited by RecliningPanda; 2013-08-07 at 04:07 AM.

Nah not really, would just mean that i'd be able to actually get more of my friends into real raiding Right now they don't have much incentive to do so :/ At least until flexi arrives.

Plus I really feel that it's just way too accessible at the moment :/ Looking for Raid at the moment is what the average player has to do at least a few times to get the gear for normal raiding - If it was purely for getting a demo of the raid I think it'd be alright, but not when it's literally required off you (well, to a good extent anyway) to progress into a serious raiding environment :/.

I get that people mightn't have time to raid, but i don't feel like just letting everyone instantly see it is the best answer. Having said that, if they knew a better option they'd probably be using it, they've got themselves into a position where it's not really an option to remove LFR right now because so many people only use it (I personally don't know why, can only get so much fun out of a game that requires 0 brain power), but I do hope they come up with something in the future :/
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-08-07 at 04:10 AM.