Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Um... we had blast nova and flamestrike... And blast nova wasn't useful until Cata... Unless you count Dragon's breath but thats not really an AoE
    Combustion and living bomb spreading was all fire aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insurge View Post
    Not Againnn has got all the whines and no solutions.

If you can't propose a solution yourself then stop complaining.

1. Mages have always crossed over spell trees. It's what mages do.

2. Yeah I'm pretty much sure that's the way for almost every class in the game. If you don't enjoy this then quit.

3. / ... Does this really need an explanation?

How is any mage spec purely dependant on trinket procs? Thats pure BS. And I'm pretty sure everyone is reliant on gear to pull DPS. If you aren't geared for fire then go frost. It's not like Mages can't raid at all until they're 40% crit.

Honestly can you take a step back and read your posts? Your implying that in order for this game to be good you should be able to do whatever the hell you want and it will give you good results.

This is why you can't give a solution to any of the 'problems' you address.

Even your name is whining.
    Lmao

Okay dude.

Fire needs a giant combust every time which is 100% from trinkets

Arcane needs procs during arcane power or else there is no point in casting arcane power.

Frost is the only spec that hardly relies on trinket snapshotting with at for great dps.

There's no solutions because its the way the game is made. I'm not saying its hard I'm just saying that I have come to hate my class because of the way it plays now.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-08-07 at 05:45 PM.

Actually if you go back to wrath, ignite and living bomb spreading with instant cast flame strike was all fire's AoE. Combustion was a buff not a dot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    There's no solutions because its the way the game is made. I'm not saying its hard I'm just saying that I have come to hate my class because of the way it plays now.
    Then make it like the class: Evolve. Quit the game or move to another class. Life is evolving. If u dont like what u get then take something other. Or change something. (thats a little bit tricky in this special case). But dont open a thread just for whinning.
    Why is this still open at all? Isn't it against the rules to open pointless threads?

`

Frost is the only spec that hardly relies on trinket snapshotting with at for great dps.

You have no idea what you are talking about, this is why you hate mage. You have no idea what mage even is.

It's one thing to take passive crit or blazing speed from the fire tree as arcane, and another to use X bomb as Y spec rotationally.

I think Blizzard should make bombs baseline to their respective specs and balance around that, or remove one bomb and replace it with a passive talent. The 90tier should never have made it live IMO and I hope next expansion Blizzard replaces it entirely with talents that are actually considered fun by more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Then make it like the class: Evolve. Quit the game or move to another class. Life is evolving. If u dont like what u get then take something other. Or change something. (thats a little bit tricky in this special case). But dont open a thread just for whinning.
    Why is this still open at all? Isn't it against the rules to open pointless threads?
    Mods prolly aren't around. The FFA thread exists to keep these types of threads away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    `

You have no idea what you are talking about, this is why you hate mage. You have no idea what mage even is.
    Obviously lmao I have no idea at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's one thing to take passive crit or blazing speed from the fire tree as arcane, and another to use X bomb as Y spec rotationally.

I think Blizzard should make bombs baseline to their respective specs and balance around that, or remove one bomb and replace it with a passive talent. The 90tier should never have made it live IMO and I hope next expansion Blizzard replaces it entirely with talents that are actually considered fun by more people.
    Thank you. Back to the whole point of the thread now...

Obviously lmao I have no idea at all.
    If you think your combustion on an opener is 100% reliant on RPPM trinkets that will be up every time then you are an idiot. Unless it's wooshlay's, then it'll be up almost every time.

Every pull you can rely on: Potion, Lightweaving, Jade Spirit, Cha-Ye's, meta proc, and most every time (unless you are hella chain pulling) wooshlays, and engineering on-use. What part of that is RNG? None of it. If your combustions are shit, it's not because of trinkets. It's because you don't know how to control what goes into your combustion, or you got bad crits. Crits are what largely control combustion. If you are even trying to combust without trinkets up you are doing is really, really wrong.

And there is literally an entire thread all about how high level frost DPS is about snapshotting NT with buffs and shit up. Do you even read these forums?
    Last edited by Frost1129; 2013-08-07 at 05:55 PM.

Deleted
    Because its not fun. I didn't say it was hard at all. Just annoying gameplay
    Alter Time is pretty damn fun in PvP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    It isn't pointless at all if people would stick to the topic. I asked everybody what they hated about the class. Apparently that means everybody tell me I'm bad lmao

It'll get closed soon anyway. There hasn't been anything constructive posted really. While the OP asked people what they hated about the class, it got kinda warped into a whine-fest that people felt the need to flame each other on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    If you think your combustion on an opener is 100% reliant on RPPM trinkets that will be up every time then you are an idiot. Unless it's wooshlay's, then it'll be up almost every time.
    It relies on a lot more. Trinkets are a huge factor though. You cannot deny that.

It's an rng spec in every way and that's why I hate it. never said it was hard or anything lol.

You need to drop the hostility dude. Stick to the topic. Things you hate about the class.

Deleted
    Combustion and living bomb spreading was all fire aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao

Okay dude.

Arcane needs procs during arcane power or else there is no point in casting arcane power.

Nooooott aggaaiiiinnnnnn!

Just quit the game ffs. If you don't like it then why are u playing it?

Solutions or shh.

Alter Time is pretty damn fun in PvP too.
    Yes it is. And it sucks I HAVE to use it for dps in pve because I use it for pvp survivability and its amazing in that facet

Deleted
    I asked everybody what they hated about the class.
    Real constructive thread dude.

inb4delete.

Nooooott aggaaiiiinnnnnn!

Just quit the game ffs. If you don't like it then why are u playing it?

Solutions or shh.
    Meh because there are times where I love it. They are just so few and far between?

- - - Updated - - -

Real constructive thread dude.

inb4delete.
    Idk man the devs read these forums. If it wasn't so derailed maybe something good would of come from it

Deleted
    Meh because there are times where I love it. They are just so few and far between?

- - - Updated - - -

Idk man the devs read these forums. If it wasn't so derailed maybe something good would of come from it
    It's not derailed and no devs are going to read a thread called "i hate this class".

Read your posts. I used to post on forums like that way back when i was 15. But it didn't take me too long to realize how embarrassing it is.

Why don't you give us some solutions to what you don't like or ask us to help you with what your struggling with? Crying doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by insurge View Post
    it's not derailed and no devs are going to read a thread called "i hate this class".

Read your posts. I used to post on forums like that way back when i was 15. But it didn't take me too long to realize how embarrassing it is.

Why don't you give us some solutions to what you don't like or ask us to help you with what your struggling with? Crying doesn't help.
    because im not struggling with anything there's just some crap i hate about this class just like there's crap people hate about every class. It was supposed to be a thread like

"What spells do you miss from old school wow"

Or

"Mage transmog"

This was just

"Things u hate about the class"

That's it. That's all. People instantly took it as I'm bad. I'd say it got very derailed by the same people who always derail threads
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-08-07 at 06:21 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    so some things about this class i hate

rune of power.

the fact that good dps relies on lining random trinket procs with alter time. this isnt groundbreaking gameplay. its stupid and unfun.

frost is bad because it scales like shit
    fire is stupid gameplay design because it isnt good until you have the crit for it, which is dumb.
    arcane is retarded because rune of power, no on the move dps whatsoever, reliant on a bandaid bomb fix for dps.

what other crap do you hate about this class?
    I agree, i am no new to mages, i had 2 of them back in vanilla, one in tbc and leveled another one for fun in wrath and i always had fun playing one. I started leveling a new one in MoP and I had a lot of fun but two things turned me off. Tier 6 talents and alter time. I'm really not a fan of alter time, i don't mind the spell being used to save your ass from a potentially deadly situation, but not as a dps cooldown. And tier 6 talents are so lame, I mean everything was fine before that and it's like bang, gratz you just reached 90, now you gotta refresh a buff every minutes to do normal damage, enjoy ! That's a lame mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    What is everyone's deal with AT? I love the spell and think it does nothing but assist us in doing more damage. It is most definitely NOT required for good damage. TOP damage sure, but not good damage. Everyone's damage suffers if they fuck up their trinket procs. Stop it with the "woe is me" bull shit and realize that the stuff you are saying happens to everyone, not just mages.
    Yeah, other classes have an ability that can completely negate procs and Lust/TW...