Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    I didn't ask for this Blizzard did this to encourage people to try new things. Flex is the reason. People who don't have time for a scheduled raid setting can do Flex. It will be broken up into small chunks like LFR all you need to do is find 8 people on your server so you can do it when you want to.

Do you have an issue with the guild only Heirlooms? What about the fishing tourney Heirloom? Those are not available to everyone. Again, heirlooms slightly better to level appropriate questing greens. Dungeon and quest blues when level appropriate are better than heirlooms, and entry level epics are better than heirlooms. It has been this was since they were added. So if you are leveling a toon without one of these new heirlooms you will catch up and or surpass them after doing some quests each zone or by running dungeons, or by killing rares.

Not everything needs to be fair and balanced. If you want them get out of LFR.
    Did I say myself? Quit projecting and think about how this is going to be viewed. People are not going to accept this, they just will not. Blizzard wanted to do pets that would drop in the other modes other then lfr and the demand was that it should drop in all. Same will happen here.

Also the heirlooms you speak of do not require one to take part in group content that one may not wish to do so and they are there own content. Fishing is fishing. As much as people hate lfr and may want to view it as none raiding, it is in fact raiding. It's not about how great or bad they are, it's about giving out more rewards beyond what your already giving to people doing ceratin modes of content. I think they should try to find a way to encourage people to take part in flex, normal and heroic but this is the wrong way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Did I say myself? Quit projecting and think about how this is going to be viewed. People are not going to accept this, they just will not. Blizzard wanted to do pets that would drop in the other modes other then lfr and the demand was that it should drop in all. Same will happen here.

Also the heirlooms you speak of do not require one to take part in group content that one may not wish to do so and they are there own content. Fishing is fishing. As much as people hate lfr and may want to view it as none raiding, it is in fact raiding. It's not about how great or bad they are, it's about giving out more rewards beyond what your already giving to people doing ceratin modes of content. I think they should try to find a way to encourage people to take part in flex, normal and heroic but this is the wrong way to go about it.

I do not care how it will be viewed by people who do not wish to participate in an activity that will reward said items. That is Blizzards problem with WoW IMO. They try to please everyone. They ry to include everyone in everything and the game has gone downhill as a result. Sometimes it is good to have things out of reach for players. And last time I checked Heirlooms are not required for leveling.

Deleted
    Jeez, pol stop complaining, if you don't want to go beyond Lfr then you can't have the same privileges sa others that do.
    It's simple harder content > better rewards.
    You can't expect to have a mayor's pay if you are cleaning lady.... It's just how life is, if you want something then try harder to get it...

Quote Originally Posted by favor98 View Post
    Jeez, pol stop complaining, if you don't want to go beyond Lfr then you can't have the same privileges sa others that do.
    It's simple harder content > better rewards.
    You can't expect to have a mayor's pay if you are cleaning lady.... It's just how life is, if you want something then try harder to get it...
    This guy gets it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.

Speak for yourself. one of the things I enjoy most about a new expansion.

Deleted
    "Its just PTR!!"

Well someone had to code it, write the levels in there, design it, get it thro QA and get it approved by people who approve whatever data goes into to the game.
    So I'm pretty sure this might be the route they will go for next xpack. Of course, they can just go "welp we changed it to x levels instead so we uh, gonna patch it later".
    But it certainly is unlikely its "mistake" or "accidental bug". It might be troll, but thats unlikely too.. imo at least.

Deleted
    I'd rather get 10 levels, one every 2 hours, than 5 level ups which feel like they take an infinite amount of time attain.

But Blizzard said they would like to think of the long term now, so maybe 90-100 is just there for future expansions.

Awesome for ppl who dont raid....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    "Its just PTR!!"

Well someone had to code it, write the levels in there, design it, get it thro QA and get it approved by people who approve whatever data goes into to the game.
    So I'm pretty sure this might be the route they will go for next xpack. Of course, they can just go "welp we changed it to x levels instead so we uh, gonna patch it later".
    But it certainly is unlikely its "mistake" or "accidental bug". It might be troll, but thats unlikely too.. imo at least.
    Its entirely possible that the guy creating these items was under a time crunch and slapped 90-100 on it to get it into the PTR for testing with the intentions of fixing it before it went live. Nothing is gauranteed in PTR. Its more likely that the cap -is- 100 than it is likely that it was just slapped on there to get it into PTR but as I stated before nothing is set in stone until it is set in stone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its entirely possible that the guy creating these items was under a time crunch and slapped 90-100 on it to get it into the PTR for testing with the intentions of fixing it before it went live. Nothing is gauranteed in PTR. Its more likely that the cap -is- 100 than it is likely that it was just slapped on there to get it into PTR but as I stated before nothing is set in stone until it is set in stone.
    True, but why would the guy slap 90-100 and not "90 and above", not "90-90", 90? Even not 90-95?

I mean "put just 90 there and change it later" would make more sense than "90-100 and then change" because of this very reason of speculation, rumors.. maybe it was just PR move to get people intrested in next xpansion gradually.. which i doubt tho :P

Orrr it could of just been put onto the PTR by blizzard so they could read these forums to get feedback whether this would be a good idea to introduce. .

Deleted
    Before everyone goes crazy (to late for that now) but tooltip errors are pretty common...

This confirms nothing unless it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    why is that exactly. and your not the thought police pal.
    Common sense is why. There are MMO's out there with probably less than 100k users that still put new content out. Blizzard is not going to say "well derp, level 100, thanks guys, shut the lights off on the way out the door"

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Awesome for ppl who dont raid....
    Considering that you can get this only from Flex/Normal/Heroic, i dont know what do you mean.

Deleted
    I like this. Raiders have been due a real long term reward outside cosmetic stuff like mounts and titles, they put in the extra mile beyond LFR they deserve a reward for it that will benefit them. So, so many people expect the game to hand everything to them just for facerolling LFR modes, but really LFR is meant to be a gimped version of raiding anyway and the rewards should reflect that (WHY does it still drop tier gear?) if you ask me.

Good on Blizzard for putting in an incentive to raid besides bragging rights.

> Log PTR
    > "Sort by specialization: Mistweaver"
    > MRW I realise I can coin a bunch of useless items

Thanks Blizzard. Let's not make them eligible for coin loot, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    beta is beta so nothing is "confirgmed" until we see a blue post. The numbers can always be tweaked so 95 or 100 or w/e

It is a good idea because it made me sad to replace the Terragosa staff so if there are BoA weapons that will proceed to the next max level that would be cool because it would show "hey i was there and did that" and preps alts for next expansion ahead of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Considering that you can get this only from Flex/Normal/Heroic, i dont know what do you mean.
    He was being sarcastic meaning that this sucks for people who dont have the time/guild/whatever to raid flex/norma/heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    > Log PTR
    > "Sort by specialization: Mistweaver"
    > MRW I realise I can coin a bunch of useless items

Thanks Blizzard. Let's not make them eligible for coin loot, thanks.
    a) this has nothing to do with the current discussion unless you are reffering to the BoA's to which i say there are items like the staff you can use to level
    b) why do you think the stat priority for you is the same between tiers? What you call "useless" is your BiS. Learn to theory-craft of wait for gear lists from other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    He was being sarcastic meaning that this sucks for people who dont have the time/guild/whatever to raid flex/norma/heroic.
    if you have time for LFR you have time to join a flex pug for few bosses. it is called Flex for a reason people come/go difficulty adjusts but it is still easier than normal equivalent.

plus for something like this standing in fire, being afk to get the loot should not be rewarded equivalently. I'm sure there will be plenty of flex pugs for the BOA's so if you want em do the work. If you don't have time then you don't' have time for LFR either and shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    a) this has nothing to do with the current discussion unless you are reffering to the BoA's to which i say there are items like the staff you can use to level
    b) why do you think the stat priority for you is the same between tiers? What you call "useless" is your BiS. Learn to theory-craft of wait for gear lists from other people.
    You're right. I can't wait to coin the dagger, the 2 handed axe, the strength sword, the bow or the shield. When I coin these items my first reaction is going to be "fuck yes, levelling is so much easier now that I have items I can't equip."

Stupid isn't even the word for this.