Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It confirms nothing. Suggests, but not confirms. First and foremost, it's just the PTR. Second, even if it goes live like that, it could change.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I don't see why people find this impossible. Not saying it will go live as BoA but really I think its an interesting and possibly good idea because its the last tier of an expansion. It helps alleviate the feeling of this loot I'm getting is pointless because I'll never use it for progression and for a lot of people Garrosh on normal or heroic will be the last boss they progress on this expansion.
    Nothing is impossible, Blizzard can do anything they want. But it's very unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I seriously doubt they would release something that speeds up 90-95 leveling until the level 100 expansion. Otherwise why not just reduce the XP requirement? It would just mean some people would out-level their questing zones halfway through, which sucks. Messes up the level flow.
    They don't give an exp bonus, they're just scaling stats.
    Heirloom weapons don't have exp bonuses on them. It won't make levelling much faster, just more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    5 level expansions feel like half an expansion.
    How? How do the extra 5 levels magically make a good expansion?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt they would release something that speeds up 90-95 leveling until the level 100 expansion. Otherwise why not just reduce the XP requirement? It would just mean some people would out-level their questing zones halfway through, which sucks. Messes up the level flow.
    The intention would be less speeding you up and more giving you a weapon that won't feel useless in the face of xpac 4's questing greens.

Speeding up the killing of mobs is more elegant than messing up questing flow by changing experience ratios anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.
    Ten levels instead of Five would actually feel better. The time it takes to hit max level would be the same, However, you would feel like it is going faster due to you gaining levels more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Really, how would he know? Being on the PTR doesn't give you behind the scenes info.
    Not to mention how the gear tool tip has been updated since it was first put on the PTR from epic quality with BOA tags to the actual BOA quality with the 90-100 tag. That looks pretty intentional to me lol. And you are right, being on PTR..how would he know?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    Not to mention how the gear tool tip has been updated since it was first put on the PTR from epic quality with BOA tags to the actual BOA quality with the 90-100 tag. That looks pretty intentional to me lol. And you are right, being on PTR..how would he know?
    Yeah seeing as how this was updated into this, it makes ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Why not. Any BOA gear for the next expac would be pretty strong by this expacs standards. Why NOT let someone who earned it from heroic raiding get that slight advantage while leveling?
    because its BOA , heroic AND upgradable with valor so 1 o the 3 will have to go id go with the BoA tag being most likly to go

How does it boost experience gain, just a scaling weapon. There's one for all classes including shields. I think the idea is awesome, nothing worse than replacing awesome gear from this expansion with greens at some point in the next. This allows you to essentially carry over some of your hard work from the previous expansion. Great idea and hope it makes it to live.

In terms of level cap being 100 next expansion, not really going to impact us either way, it'll be roughly the same experience spread over how ever many levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    not necessarily. it could just be useful for 2 expansions. blue quality item to next expansion, then expansion after that we use it again after out leveling our raid wep 2 levels later. so it could be useful for 90-95 and 97-100.

I've been drinking so excuse me.
    I don't see anything mentioning that it's leveling gear.

That being said it would fit well in. Blizzard said they wanted to give flex/normal/hc some kind of nice, new reward for doing the raids.
    My feral druid certanly hope it's true so i can obliterate HCgeared mains :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Why on earth would there be any sort of worries like that? "Oh no, we're down to 3x as successful as any other MMO has ever been, time to pull the plug?"
    This. Also those of you out there who think WoW will end when we reach level 100, of face off against Sargeras are in denial. The game will live on with new content every 1-2 years until it is no longer profitable. At its current rate it would need to drop below 1M NA/EU subscribers. Secondly, they are in control of the lore and if Blizzard creates something new it is canon weather you guys like it or not. You do realize many places NPS, important characters, raids, bosses, and creatures were made up from scratch for Vanilla. We will be dinging level 135 and some of you will still be saying next expansion will be the end. Let it go. WoW will push forward until it is no longer profitable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Did you miss the part where the new gear in an expac far outstrips the normal gear in the previous expac? Your comment suggests that you are unaware of this.
    But it's end game item and a scaling one at that, so it would only be logical that it scales that way too. Stays end game, but gets diminishing returns as it gains levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It confirms nothing. Suggests, but not confirms. First and foremost, it's just the PTR. Second, even if it goes live like that, it could change.
    Indeed. I'm fairly sure they will change that ASAP, so less people will notice it. 10 more levels is a great plan and would bring a lot more subs back.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-08-08 at 02:42 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It could be that the heirloom is designed to last two 5-level expansions. I.E., it is a blue quality weapon from 90-95, which you temporarily bank, and then it returns to being useful 95-100. Pure speculation though.

They should bump the usable level up to 91. They seem a bit powerful for a fresh 90.... or perhaps make them scale by il at level 90.

Or we'll be able to use this heirloom in the next xpac as well. :P

I'm of the mind that the next xpac will take us to 100 though.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    The most this confirms is that they are testing heirloom drops. Nothing more.
    Aye mate

My money is on it being a bug. It is more likely this is our reward from golden lotus after wrathion gives us the legendary cloak. I cant imagine boa heirlooms dropping off a boss.

There is no reason they couldn't intend for it to last 2 expansions.