Raid Lockout Quesiton

11 months into this expansion and I'm still pretty foggy on the whole heroic lock out system. So here's my question: I have killed Heroic Ji'Kun with my guild on Wednesday, and another guild has killed Heroic Ji'Kun earlier this week, can I join them for a Normal mode Lei Shen kill during the same week?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Heroic raid IDs are unique and shared between all on that ID. Even if you aren't present while your guild clears the rest of the instance, your ID will reflect their progress.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-20 at 06:35 AM.

yes. on normal you can join them. just not on heroic. but once the instance is switched to normal, the whole 'saved ID' thing is forgotten and the game only knows which bosses you've killed.
    Aquamonkey, you're correct that if his guild cleared the instance, that instance ID is empty. But that doesn't matter if the instance is switched to normal. Then it should only reflect thesmuggler's personal weekly kills (and those of the raid he's joining). At least I am fairly sure that's how it works.

For example, this week I sat out animus, ironqon and twins. But then came in for Lei Shen again. I did all the bosses up to animus as well on the day before. But then when I zone in, it asks me if I want to get saved to the Id with 11 bosses down. My personal instance status doesn't get automatically updated. That only happens when you zone into ToT on heroic mode. Then it would say 'hold man, you got an ID and there's more bosses killed then you personally did. want to get saved to that or exit?'.

only that that question doesn't come up when you zone into the instance while it's on normal. then it should only check your personal progress and that of the raid you're zoning in to.