Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Launch was middle/end of September last year. The cloak can be finished the first day of 5.4 which isn't 7.5 months away so stop exaggerating. I don't remember them ever saying we'd get legendary weapons next patch. People asked when we'd get our legendaries and they said next patch... That's still true.

- - - Updated - - -

Except if you started at launch you likely had down time at one point. The titan runestones also took me a little over 3 months with multiple weeks of 0 dropping. Not sure where you got your numbers but you can easily add a month just for runestones since that's the maximum it can take. 1 per week = 12 weeks not 8. Secrets have also taken a number of people longer than 8 weeks.

In the end for those who started the first week of Mists we're looking at close to a year's worth of work to get our legendary cloaks(or at least that much time).
    I have been playing since MoP launch and its about 3 weeks ago i got my cloak. I had lei shen dropping one titan runestone already. So there was no 0 drop week. if u experience 0 drop in titan runestone, that means u got ur secrets so fast that u were able to start befor the lei shen change. Some of my lucky friends go the cloak even 4 weeks before me.

And regarding this not being a weapon, i m very happy with it being cloak, cloak or weapon is irrelevant to me. its just a piece of gear, all that matters to me is whether its giving me legendary stats, and yes its serving that purpose well.

Counting downtime in between waiting for patches to come out to allow you to continue clearly doesn't apply.
    Why not? It's still the time you have to wait between doing what you're asked... and the actual implied reward: A Legendary Weapon.

It seems a little anticlimactic: As we are essentially crafting something larger in the first 3 parts of the legendary... then he just gives you a cloak: A cloak that has nothing to do with the first 3 parts of the quest.

Well instead of a cloak for everyone they could've made this like previous legendaries where they pick 1-3 classes to get a weapon and everyone else gets nothing. Which is great... as long as your main is one of those 1-3 classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The passive effect on the cloak is pretty great, but doesn't quite seem entirely worth 18 months worth of work.
    What required work? Gathering all the drops? But they came off bosses you would've killed anyway. I think I ran ToT 2-3 weeks longer than I might otherwise have because I was unlucky with drop rates *shrug*.

Other than that it was just a few one-time events like the Krasarang boss fight and the Celestial challenge, which took very little time.

You will probably be able to do the chain from start to finish in like 4 weeks once SoO is out due to all the drop rate buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? It's still the time you have to wait between doing what you're asked... and the actual implied reward: A Legendary Weapon.
    You get the rewards promised at the end of every stage - the gem, the meta, the socket, the epic cape... those were substantial rewards at the time. It clearly told you this when you accepted each quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    MoP launched at the end of September. It is now early August. I have my 608 cloak ready to go for 5.4. It has not been 12 months.
    5.4 probably won't be out in the next three weeks, and then the Garrosh wing doesn't open for 3 weeks. It'll be at least 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Heirlooms from Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl View Post
    Heirlooms from Garrosh?
    So the best in slot weapons will be... Heirlooms with no procs, and the Gorehowl...?

You guys have reassured me: There will definitely be a Legendary Weapon in 5.4

Because that time just doesn't count. You can't do anything. This is clearly a troll thread. Cya.

5.4 probably won't be out in the next three weeks, and then the Garrosh wing doesn't open for 3 weeks. It'll be at least 12 months.
    End of the month is a good guestimation for when 5.4 will come out, and I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler said that we'll get the new cloak before we get to Garrosh. I assume this, because he has said that they didn't like the idea of having Wrathion help you kill that tier's boss, but you have to kill the boss, before he can help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is there going to be Legendary Weapon in 5.4, or is it just a legendary cloak?

The passive effect on the cloak is pretty great, but doesn't quite seem entirely worth 18 months worth of work.
    Took 10 months from MoP start.... Including resets which weren't involved in any gathering.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

So is there going to be Legendary Weapon in 5.4, or is it just a legendary cloak?

Considering Epic cloak takes 1-3 months, and upgrading it into legendary in 5.4 takes 1-3 hours, I don't see the rant in this rant.

And no, you can't include the time it took to complete the previous quests, because you don't count their rewards.
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-08-09 at 03:44 AM.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    I exaggerated, but If you hit 90 a week after MOP launch, you've been working on the legendary for 12 months.
    Even if it would take you 12 months, which it probably won't as long as 5.4 hits before the end of september, there's a massive difference between 12 and 18 months.
    Not to mention those who just started with the quest line...relatively spoken, they get it even faster.

Stop exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by chowchig View Post
    End of the month is a good guestimation for when 5.4 will come out, and I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler said that we'll get the new cloak before we get to Garrosh. I assume this, because he has said that they didn't like the idea of having Wrathion help you kill that tier's boss, but you have to kill the boss, before he can help you.
    The quest before you get the cloak is literally "Defeat Garrosh Hellscream in the Siege of Orgrimmar."

-Edit- Actually I'm wrong, you get the legendary cloak in the quest before you are sent to kill Garrosh.... yet then there are two more *unfinished* quests ("Judgement of the Black Prince" and "Ursurper") after you are given your super-cloak? Legendary Weapon time.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2013-08-09 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the cloak doesn't require any SoO progression to obtain... So it'll be the day 5.4 comes out.
    Yeah, this. You just have to beat the celestial world bosses and hand in some timeless coins.

And for those calculating from mop release to now, does time not spent on the actual quests count? You're not spending time working towards the legendary in 5.0 when you're already wielding your legendary gem and waiting for 5.1. Right now, if you've completed your titan runestones and heart of lei shen, you're not working on the legendary grind while waiting for 5.4. I don't think it's fair to add time into the calculations when you're just waiting for a new patch as time spent on the legendary quest chain. Also let's not forget the other rewards we've gotten along the way.