Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Boomkins are actually really faceroll aswell. Get to put up dots, refresh when in eclipse, use starfall off CD, spam wrath/starfire, use starsurge off cd.
    not gonna argue that balance is particularly difficult, but if it's faceroll, then every class and specc is faceroll. especially if you want to play at half capacity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    every class is faceroll.. some get a bit "harder" because of procs but thats it
    This ... Wow is faceroll.

Doing a rotation for any spec isn't hard if you're played it for like, 2 days. I could probably hop onto any char and do decent dps with it, i seriously cannot think of a char that's hard in pve to solely optimize your dps with.

I've played EVERY class at level cap (Cept MOP, getting there) nearly 3 times. Shamans are pretty easy. Warlocks/spriests are easy, demo can be annoying with the lei shen trinket crap but you really just need WA and an ok reaction time (with a little knowledge). Rogues are easy, in fact I find all melee VERY easy - The only reason they're said to have a harder time in pve is some abilities are harder to dodge, or it takes longer to get places - woopdefuckingdoo, that doesn't make it harder it just means u might naturally take more damage or move around slower - It's not 'harder' to play, if anything its easier as 90% of mechanics don't even apply to you -.-.

I could go on for a while, but ultimately simply doing dps is very easy as any class after a little bit of practice, it only gets harder whenever you're trying to actually watch multiple things on the screen at once while keeping up the dps. There are other aspects to dpsing than actually dpsing, lots of abilities that the majority of pve players dont even use a lot of the time (or know how to), that's where the difficulty comes in - Mastering it, and for that, no class is easy. Sure, some classes may have an easier time than others - But getting 100% out of your class under a stressful environment where everythings going fucking mental is seriously hard unless you're paragon with 500+ attempts.

I'm not trying to sound arrogant or cocky, but seriously, I could go into any LFR with a random class with only the experience of leveling it and gearing it, and i would very likely beat most people with similar gear (while maybe losing to people who have more gear). Sure, a few people will compete but the majority have no fucking clue what they're doing and it's actually surprising how diifficult some people find just standing still and dpsing, it's LITERALLY all you have to do in LFR.

PvP, imo, is where the skill cap really raises. And for the record I currently play as a mistweaver monk in a heroic raiding guild, i'm not high end but I definitely feel like I could be if i was in a less casual guild. I raid 3 nights a week (sometimes 4 if really wanting to prog) for 2 1/2 hours each night, and after many facepalms it ends - Inbetween raids seriously all i do is PvP, and i'm NOWHERE near as good as I could be in PvP, I feel like with a strong comp and dedication I could get to near glad levels, maybe even get there with enough seriousness - And i'm still nowhere near as good as i could get. In PvE I feel like I hit my skill cap years ago, despite the fact that it's only a couple hours a week. Well, ok, I haven't hit my skill cap because that would be perfection and obviously i'm not perfect, but I know what I need to do to play at that level, it's just really hard to not make a single slip on long fights (dps wise I mean, it's easy to press the wrong button once in like a 12 min fight).

Hardest PvE class? Whatever one the raid leaders on, he/she's the only one that reallllly has to pay attention (everyone else does too ofc, but not to the same extent). Hardest PvP class? Fuck knows, I know ones which are slightly easier than others but in high level play it's just way too difficult to tell.

One more thing, I sounded like an INCREDIBLE douche in this entire post, I felt it from the first paragraph that I sounded douchey. Sorry about that, God i'm such a twat. Oh well lol, posting anyway.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-08-22 at 06:48 AM.

How easy is unholy dk? I've been maining one since wrath and I'm pretty comfortable with the spec, but I've heard some people say it's a hard spec. Is that true?

Deleted
    While everbody is saying ele sham is faceroll ololol dps, it is indeed quite easy to play, but not too easy to play near maximum performance. There's a big difference between good shamans and bad shamans. When it is so faceroll to play, why arent ele's topping the meters everywhere...

I'm surprised more there aren't more ret paladin votes. Especially with the CLCRet addon, it could literally not be more mindless to dps. Lining up cooldowns is about as skillful as you can get with them.

No class is easy to topping the meter with just by rolling one.

U need practice and skill. I see aflic locks pulling 200k+ dps, while i struggle to keep up 100k. This is clear indication that my skill as a lock below avg. Sure if u roll a class and keep getting gear u will do some minimal damage, but to get the most out of a class u have to master it + be a master of adopting to situation as well, like delaying use of a CD for taking advantage of an incoming buff, etc.

I have played almost all class except a pally, but the one thing i have found is that there is no facerolling class, that with allow u to do 150k+ damage just by rolling it.

I'm tempted to say elemental shaman, but I haven't played all classes in MoP yet, so my judgement is based upon a Cata/MoP mix.

My partner plays a survival hunter as his alt and happens to do dps within a delta of 10-6k dps of his simcraft numbers and while he's a really good player, he usually doesn't get *that* much out of a class... so maybe Surv (without redirect/trap managing/kiting) is really forgiving/easy as well.

For most faceroll class of all time... definitely frost mage in vanilla.... GOGO ONEBUTTON!!!

Deleted
    I'd say Ele Shaman. It's really fun too

All classes are faceroll easy. Easiest would be Assas Rogue or Ele shaman though atm.

Deleted
    Been playing some classes during mop, ele/destro/fury/fire/frost/arcane/survival,/shadow/balance and i have to say frost mage is definately the easiest of them all. Ele isn't that much harder but atleast theres some building up to make bigger numbers. After those two everything else isn't that far behind. What i've hard from guildies retri is pretty much hit your face to the keyboard and roll it around.

Frost DK might have an easy rotation but it's their resource management that makes them a lot harder than people think.

Combat rogue is pretty easy. Easier than Assassination imo. Way easier than sub

Deleted
    From the classes that I played at 90
    1. Assassination rogue (felt like a feral without the hard parts)
    2. Frost mage (only a bit harder then rogue, because you can multidot and snapshot)
    3. Shadow priest (same as frost but more dots to multi dot )
    4. Feral druid (I found this spec to be way harder then other specs I played. Mostly due to RoRo, DoC, snapshots)
    If OP is looking to roll a new easy class then from these 4 I would suggest a Frost mage. Mages have been really strong for several expansions and usually there is 1 strong spec available.

Rogue is a melee so that might be hard for someone new to melee.

Shadow is one of the worst dps specs and while its easy I dont remember a long period of time that spriest have been on top of dps charts.

Dont bother with feral.

Deleted
    The classes that take very little skill and effort to perform decently are

Arms and fury warriors.
    Elemental shaman.
    Shadow priest.
    SV hunters.

Ele shaman.

It's literally no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Ele shaman.
    dont know why people say ele shammy are so easy - havent seen a single really well played ele shammy this expansion - seen plenty of average ones but not a single which would be played good above average -_- all of thsoe i have seen were decent at best - so if decent is enough for people then maybe -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Been playing some classes during mop, ele/destro/fury/fire/frost/arcane/survival,/shadow/balance and i have to say frost mage is definately the easiest of them all. Ele isn't that much harder but atleast theres some building up to make bigger numbers. After those two everything else isn't that far behind. What i've hard from guildies retri is pretty much hit your face to the keyboard and roll it around.
    Did you really need to add your thoughts to a thread from August 2013?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont know why people say ele shammy are so easy - havent seen a single really well played ele shammy this expansion - seen plenty of average ones but not a single which would be played good above average -_- all of thsoe i have seen were decent at best - so if decent is enough for people then maybe -_-
    You tell me what makes the difference between a decent elemental shaman and a very good one. The skill cap is not very high compared to other classes.

It's far harder than Frost mage though which is basically: DoT, Don't waste procs, filler spell

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like all of them after they do the ability pruning.