Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Wouldn't the title be "Darkness Beneath" then?
    be·neath [bih-neeth, -neeth]
    adverb
    below; in or to a lower place, position, state, or the like.

This trademark is for something that will be announced at Blizzcon and not one day earlier (MoP trademark was 10weeks before blizzcon and now we are 11weeks from blizzcon!). It's a fact that every WoW expansion has been announced at Blizzcon. So if 1+1=2 this means The Dark Below will be the next WoW expansion. 'nough said

Please please please let it be Azshara Expansion, waiting for water theme and Nagas so much!

Cool, sounds like naga stuff with some Tomb of Sargeras teaser thrown in for the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    I would've thought this to be a D3 expansion until I saw it was something noted in WoW lore. o_O
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

10+ Year Old Account
    Cue the Speculation!

Ready the Entitled Butt-hurt Guessers!
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Thanks, GC just buffed mages. AGAIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I would've thought this to be a D3 expansion until I saw it was something noted in WoW lore. o_O
    I give up.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    OK doubters... if I'm right, there is no way they would register a trademark on August 9, two weeks before Gamescom if it were a Diablo 3 expansion. Again, this is not something you wait until the last minute to take care of. If I'm right.
    Not only that but has Blizz ever trademark any of the diablo expansions? Also this is right around the time Blizz trademarks their next expansion for wow, MOP was trademarked August 2011. Add to that the trademark looks exactly as it did for the previous expansions it makes me lean heavily towards the next wow expansion.

I think a hell themed expansion for Diablo would actually have the word Hell in it.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Deleted
    Possibly a reference to

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_Below

Whilst yes, it would fit a Diablo 3 expac the name also fits in with the WoW universe to the point where it could easily be referring to an area or place directly by name.

I'm still split between the two. We had info on that obviously Diablo themed announcement to be coming at gamescom and you already know about my feelings on this being a WoW expac title so...

Honestly, I can't say anything for certain unlike previous trademarks in the past.

Guess we'll just have to wait for gamescom to find out if this is the title of the Diablo expac that's inevitably coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingelberrie View Post
    be·neath [bih-neeth, -neeth]
    adverb
    below; in or to a lower place, position, state, or the like.
    Congratulations on finding your way to computerdictionary.com. What's your point?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I really wish MMO-C would post a source for this info. Not that I doubt its authenticity, but it just looks more like an unfiled/just filed application form than what we'd see on the public USPTO website.

It's a WoW expansion.

It's a WoW expansion. I can't post the link but if you Wowwiki The Dark Below you'll see it.

It's like a separate faction of the burning legion; or so it's believed.

Azshara, N'zoth, Emerald dream are something that we expected after Cataclysm, by logic. I don't see how this couldn't be next Wow expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Why not? It actually makes sense to file before you announce the title - that way, you have priority over anyone else who tries to file once you announce.
    Meaning only a few days before. They would have already trademarked a D3 title a while ago. As someone else mentioned, it can't be the foreign filing thing either as it is filed as an original and not to take claim over one already filed overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    When exactly is an appropriate time to trademark an expansion name? If this WAS warcraft related, isn't a tad irresponsible to not have a TM for Diablo, with the announcement days away?
    When has it been officially stated that the Diablo 3 xpac is being announced at Gamescom?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=44566/ozumat

Yeah something Naga/Old God themed I think.

It would be nice to see what happened to Neptulon.
    Last edited by Arngrim310; 2013-08-13 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victosia View Post
    Interesting is that the boss in the Cataclysm Dungeon "Throne of Tides", Lady Naz'jar actually mentions this during her encounter if I remember correctly;
    The actual quote from Lady Naz'jar is "Destroy these intruders! Leave them for the great dark beyond!"

While it is not literally the trademarked name, it is pretty damm close to assume a hint to a Azshara expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Once it's out it's out. That's the point. It'd be easier for Blizzard to come up with a new name than to fight in a couple dozen countries for the name back, regardless of how much they spent on the logo.
    Except they're only concerned with US. None of their other marks have been registered in any other countries.

Highly unlikely to be related, but didnt blizz invite some steampunk group to blizzcon. Then I think of Coilfang Reservoir and how it has a slight steampunk style to it...this would help the naga theory. Just something that popped in my head, I really dont know much about lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    To be surfaced would have to be above sea level correct?
    Considering it was visible from Stormwind Harbor after 'surfacing', and being mentioned as having surfaced by the NPCs.... Yes? Part of Vashj'ir ended up above sea level.