Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Now feel free to prove 0 > any positive number. I'll wait
    A tank taking 50k DPS can require more healing than a tank taking 70k DPS if the damage in-take is smoother.

A tank taking more damage =/= a tank that needs more healing
    Of course it could be like that, but not always.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-17 at 05:31 PM.

More raw healing, yes. But this is not WotLK, tanks are not getting instagibbed, and if they are it's usually their fault.

Hell our paladin tanks 4 adds on DA and his health bar barely moves. Sure, he got like 6 CDs on him, but that's what they are for.

I get 3 with armor potion + FB and sure as hell i'm spiking WAY more than him

Deleted
    More raw healing, yes. But this is not WotLK, tanks are not getting instagibbed, and if they are it's usually their fault.

Hell our paladin tanks 4 adds on DA and his health bar barely moves. Sure, he got like 6 CDs on him, but that's what they are for.

I get 3 with armor potion + FB and sure as hell i'm spiking WAY more than him
    If you think monks are the worst to heal because of staggers for healers, I doubt you ever played a healer before. As a druid, monks are my wet dream, I dont need to use a single extra gcd or mana inefficient spell on them. I would rather heal a monk taking 50% more damage than a dk, since on the dk I would have to use regrowth and shit, draining my mana quickly. Stagger does not cost healers and panic GCDs or those regrowth types of spell.

the most difficult tank right now would be one without much gear... agro problems

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you think monks are the worst to heal because of staggers for healers, I doubt you ever played a healer before. As a druid, monks are my wet dream, I dont need to use a single extra gcd or mana inefficient spell on them. I would rather heal a monk taking 50% more damage than a dk, since on the dk I would have to use regrowth and shit, draining my mana quickly. Stagger does not cost healers and panic GCDs or those regrowth types of spell.
    Then i must be wrong, my healers say they prefer 10x to heal our paladin rather than me, and i'm 99% sure that happens because my health bar spikes A LOT more, like 2-3 times more. And i don't really know where i'm failing, as everyone else seems to agree with you. My shuffle is up >95% of the time and my elusive never caps while i'm tanking.

Also this is only on "normal" bosses (as in "no tank killer bosses"), i tank horridon from phase 4 to dead, (almost) solo tank council. solo tank tortos, laugh in the face of ji-kun, solo tank durumu, solo tank Qon without BoPs, and almost solo tank consorts, all of them on heroic, simply due to our paladin dying. Anything else? He tanks it as, according to healers, he's "much easier to heal" than me.

Deleted
    Then i must be wrong, my healers say they prefer 10x to heal our paladin rather than me, and i'm 99% sure that happens because my health bar spikes A LOT more, like 2-3 times more. And i don't really know where i'm failing, as everyone else seems to agree with you. My shuffle is up >95% of the time and my elusive never caps while i'm tanking.

Also this is only on "normal" bosses (as in "no tank killer bosses"), i tank horridon from phase 4 to dead, (almost) solo tank council. solo tank tortos, laugh in the face of ji-kun, solo tank durumu, solo tank Qon without BoPs, and almost solo tank consorts, all of them on heroic, simply due to our paladin dying. Anything else? He tanks it as, according to healers, he's "much easier to heal" than me.
    Both paladins and monks are very nice to heal, I was not saying monks always the best tanks to heal. It could also be an issue with gear or how well you play and gear your characters. It also depends a lot on the boss fight. I rather heal a paladin on Horridon and a monk on Council for example.

Though as said, monks are not always the easiest to heal, not saying that. What I am saying however is saying that monks are the hardest to heal is just pure wrong. Monks and paladins are both very very pleasant to heal, which is better to heal depends on the fight, how they are gearing, their gear and how they play their character.

One thing to take into consideration also is that a monk that does not use PB properly, requires a lot less panic management than a paladin that does not SotR properly. The paladin that cant time his SotR well with Horridons TPs is dead or will require some very quick spam heal, you can relax a bit more for the same monk that does not purify Horridons TP, even though that monk will likely require more healing overall, he will require less mana expensive heals.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-08-17 at 06:38 PM.

I feel like i'm PB appropiately, never get over ~10 sec shuffle, never falls. Really no clue on what the hell is wrong with my tanking.

Thanks for the input anyway, seems it's just myself and not something with all monks

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Not really no. Monks are one of the bests if not the very best for dealing with such a scenario actually~~

I feel like updating my beta Sha of Fear spreadsheet. So many misconceptions everywhere...
    I'd love to see it, even if not up to date. Where can i find it?

I'd love to see it, even if not up to date. Where can i find it?
    There you go.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    It's so sad that they dumbed down the game to that degree. Threat served a very important purpose, which was to tie the group members' performance together. Tank generates threat on main target to allow DPS on it and aoe threat on the rest to keep them off the healer, the DPS damage the mob as much as they can while staying under the threat ceiling, healers keep everyone alive without generating too much threat to get everything on them. It was a beautifully balanced system, and meant everyone had to actually care about what others in the group were doing instead of mindlessly spamming their own rotations. But of course it's too hard for the current generation of gamers, who cannot master such complexities as "DPS the tank's main target and don't over nuke".
    Right, because the game was hard for tanks when all you had to do was hold aggro? Sure tanking is faceroll atm if all you care about is holding threat and being healed to be kept alive. in the same sense that dpsing is faceroll when you do 10k dps in ilvl 500+.

There's more to tanking than just holding threat. A proper tank mitigates the damage by playing well. Tanking has never been more 'difficult' to master than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    One thing to take into consideration also is that a monk that does not use PB properly, requires a lot less panic management than a paladin that does not SotR properly. The paladin that cant time his SotR well with Horridons TPs is dead or will require some very quick spam heal, you can relax a bit more for the same monk that does not purify Horridons TP, even though that monk will likely require more healing overall, he will require less mana expensive heals.
    I'd say a monk that doesn't keep Shuffle up is way worse than a prot paladin that doesn't use SoTR properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Did the devs literally go full retard? Shuffle vs Blood Shield totally fair...

Well I don't like the Rune Power system, so I'd have to say DK.

I dont find any of them difficult, and yes i play every tank in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanically, I find Brewmaster the hardest. Too many buttons that do relatively the same thing with a dual (triple if you count brew/stagger stacks) resource system.

Effectively, Prot Warrior is the hardest. Outside spell reflect and mobility niche, nothing other tanks can't do better, with less effort.

Gearing, Prot Warrior is the hardest. Crit and Haste do nothing except increase damage done, and without vengeance and shield block glyph, your damage is still piss.

DKs take the cake for easy. Mechanics, effectiveness, and gearing.

Nothing is really difficult to play, especially thanks to mods and internet guides. But you won't find many people to admit those are the reasons for their success, and not personal discoveries.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I don't think a lot of people realize that Monks have a raid dispel, 70% speed increase they can throw on anyone, zen spheres/chi waves they can throw at people, avert harm, etc. It isn't just about putting shuffle up and smashing buttons and hitting purifying when your thing turns yellow. There is much more to it. I play on every tanking class (my Brewmaster being my main) and I'd have to say that Druid is by far the easiest to play on. Your rotation is like 3 buttons and you just use whatever isn't on CD. It's similar to a Prot Pally but with less to watch out for, and frenzied regen. is totally overpowered with a decent amount of vengeance, you can take just about any hits you want and heal to full with 60 rage. Other than rebirth/random hots on people/tranq. there isn't much going on.

and by raid dispel i mean detox being used on people.

Deleted
    None of the tanking speccs are particularly hard to play, obviously it will take some time to master one of them tho.

Deleted
    Well, theyre all equal. But the one performing worst at the time (at this time, Warrior) ofcourse is the hardest to play just because other classes do it better so you need to be better players than them, and ultimately on hard heroics you are benched

I don't know if it's just me, but Brewmasters seem quite hard, but in the sense that it needs you to be there. If you know what to do, though, every tank can be easy.

I have max max level character for every tanking class minus a warrior. Personally, I think the DK is the most difficult to learn because of the oddities of managing your runes. Once you sort of figure that out, it's pie-cake. Pallies get a bum wrap based on what pallies were during wrath and the start of Cata. But, as other have mentioned before the pally rotation is pretty clunky compared to say a brewmaster or a guardian and "good" paladins that know how and when to use their hand spells are difficult to come by. Brewmasters are little flaky on the pull, so knowing how to pull is probably a new brewmaster's biggest obstacle, but once you figure that out, they're actually pretty easy to play and might have the most simple rotation. Guardian Druids are pretty good all around, but they might be the most boring to play out of my 4 max level tanks. I leveled my druid as a bear, but find myself playing resto more often than not these days on him...

Paladins have a pretty simple rotation and really the only thing you need to worry about is lining up SotR with certain boss attacks. Druid and Paladin rotations actually feel pretty similar.