Poll: Hoax or not?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    When Blizzcon Comes...

and they reveal "The Dark Below"

Come back to this thread and ask yourself one question:

"...why did I believe such a transparent trick of that Corgi trademark had ANYTHING to do with denying a fully-paid Trademark by Blizz? And why would Blizz even deliberately try to play a trick on their audience in the first place?"

_______

After reading this thread, and the serious amount of gullible frustrated inexperienced desperate people here - all I know is that when they reveal "The Dark Below" at Blizzcon, I'm going to sit here - eat popcorn - and lovingly taunt and poke fun at each and everyone of you.

I did it with Cataclysm
    I did it with Mists of Pandaria
    I'm going to do it again with The Dark Below
    And I will keep doing it... until you learn. ^_^
    Once again THE TRADE MARK DOSE NOT EXIST unlike the cata and mist trade marks.

Once again Mist was trade marked in Swaziland unlike "The Dark Below" that was said to be done here in the US and finally It even says on the home page
    We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little early and I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax.
    With the way subs are bleeding now for blizzard to pull a stunt and lie like that would be really stupid on there part because then many people would see blizzard has a company who act's like a 4 year old. Also blizzard would NOT trade mark something about wow so close to a Major Diablo III announcement because then no one would be looking at D3 they would be looking at WOW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

HAHAHAHAH I am laughing so hard right now. I shouldn't have believed it in the first place. So much wasted time that that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzcon Comes...

and they reveal "The Dark Below"

Come back to this thread and ask yourself one question:

"...why did I believe such a transparent trick of that Corgi trademark had ANYTHING to do with denying a fully-paid Trademark by Blizz? And why would Blizz even deliberately try to play a trick on their audience in the first place?"

_______

After reading this thread, and the serious amount of gullible frustrated inexperienced desperate people here - all I know is that when they reveal "The Dark Below" at Blizzcon, I'm going to sit here - eat popcorn - and lovingly taunt and poke fun at each and everyone of you.

I did it with Cataclysm
    I did it with Mists of Pandaria
    I'm going to do it again with The Dark Below
    And I will keep doing it... until you learn. ^_^
    I wouldn't be surprised if your right again, the fact that bother me is that why would Bibi post it if it wasn't legit? When is he ever wrong about this kind of things.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-08-14 at 06:58 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please, please, please be a hoax! We do not want underwater expansion, Vashjina was crap.

also, leaked image of the dark below came out today.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

You're right mvallas, there is no advantage for a "hoax" that's why it has to be the Burning Legion, Wrathion said so.
    Wrathion himself said the subjegation of Thunder Bluff would take a year at least.

For Varian to both absorb the Horde and train them into an Army of the Light would take years, maybe a decade.

Yet Wrathion thinks it is the right idea.

That sounds like we're not talking about the Legion in Expansion V, more likely VI.

I understand there's a push among the BC-joiners to return to Outland and bring back 10 levels, Attunements, Tinkerers, and the like... but fact is we just spent 24 hours poking holes all over the theory that the Legion is inevitable for Expansion V.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Again... MARKETING. You don't Trademark something so close to Blizzcon to dash people against the rocks.
    Big D3 announcement next week you don't trademark something about your other games so close to a big announcement of one of your games.

it would take the wild out of the sails for D3 and wow would be the only thing talked about up to blizzcon.

Like you said Marketing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wrathion himself said the subjegation of Thunder Bluff would take a year at least.

For Varian to both absorb the Horde and train them into an Army of the Light would take years, maybe a decade.

Yet Wrathion thinks it is the right idea.
    I think you're conflating two different ideas. Velen's very long-term goal is to get everyone to join forces, take the fight to the Burning Legion, and destroy them forever. Wrathion's very much shorter-term goal is to simply defend Azeroth from the imminent invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    guys guys guys! Corgis Unleashed confirmed for next WoW Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again THE TRADE MARK DOSE NOT EXIST unlike the cata and mist trade marks.

Once again Mist was trade marked in Swaziland unlike "The Dark Below" that was said to be done here in the US and finally It even says on the home page

With the way subs are bleeding now for blizzard to pull a stunt and lie like that would be really stupid on there part because then many people would see blizzard has a company who act's like a 4 year old. Also blizzard would NOT trade mark something about wow so close to a Major Diablo III announcement because then no one would be looking at D3 they would be looking at WOW.
    He said the same thing with the second wave of cheaply-made masks when the Worgen/Goblin masks were unearthed.

And, again, he only pointed out that Corgi was innacurate... but he DIDN'T go into investigative detail about "the Dark Below" like he showcased with Corgi.

MY guess? Making good with Blizz.

My evidence? Just watch for yourself... NOTHING will be trademarked between now and Blizzcon. ^_^

My further evidence? There's no MARKETING reason to set up expectations like that prior to Blizzcon. None...

My point? They (Blizz and MMO-C) have done it before... and they're doing it again. ^_^
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-08-14 at 07:03 PM.

The whole point of even if its paid for that still means nothing you could still file it. I have known people have spent 300 bucks on lesser pranks in the past that didn't troll this many people. The front page said there is no checks to make sure you are from blizzard. People keep dancing around the issue why would blizzard have spent so much more time and effort to successfully protect the hearthstone trademark but not the next WoW expansion months before its announcement. The Diablo 3 xpac leak if that's indeed what it is isnt a big deal since its a week before its likely announcement at gamerscom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone looked up what Sillicon and Synapse have been trademarking? (Blizzards original name.) it's worth a shot Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    it has to be the Burning Legion, Wrathion said so.
    Just throwing this out there, if we're going to take everything Wrathion says at face value then the only way the next expansion features the Legion is if there's a time skip at the start. He's expecting them in a few years, not tomorrow. The Horde is in a severely weakened state, the two factions are still not getting along very well. Anduin is still a teenager and in no way Army of Light leader material yet. The world is not prepared to defend against a Legion invasion, let alone launch a counteroffensive into their territory.

Now they might show up early somehow, making Wrathion look like an idiot, and the player factions might suddenly and without explanation find themselves capable of putting up a fight, and Anduin might overdose on human growth hormone, but these don't seem very likely to me. You never know though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    He cant just wants to try and act like he knows better then people who dare disagree or doubt when there is more then reasonable doubt on this now.
    Well in his defense he has prove people wrong twice, I hardly ever see him wrong when he defends something.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I can believe it to be a hoax. Blizzard wouldn't name an expansion 'The Dark Below'. Maybe Diablo 3, but even THAT was factored out when Boubouille posted this earlier in the day.

The Dark Below = HOAX

He said the same thing with the second wave of cheaply-made masks when the Worgen/Goblin masks were unearthed.

MY guess? Making good with Blizz.

My evidence? Just watch for yourself... NOTHING will be trademarked between now and Blizzcon. ^_^

My point? They (Blizz and MMO-C) have done it before... and they're doing it again. ^_^
    And my point is it would be really stupid to do something like that this time around because blizzard is bleeding subs.

Lieing/Trolling the playerbase would just make blizzard look like a company ran by 10 year olds in the eyes of many and that would leave just because of that. Also like I said there is a big D3 announcement next week and blizzard would be stupid to do anything to take the wind out of that sail even more so since it has reached 12 million copy's sold.

And finally the trademark dose not exist unlike how the Cata and Mist one did at the time of there reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if your right again, the fact that bother me is that why would Bibi post it if it wasn't legit? When is he ever wrong about this kind of things.
    All reporters at some point post stuff that ended up being untrue either to sloppy work or being tricked. He would be no diffrent and idk why people would be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    I think I can believe it to be a hoax. Blizzard wouldn't name an expansion 'The Dark Below'. Maybe Diablo 3, but even THAT was factored out when Boubouille posted this earlier in the day.

The Dark Below = HOAX

"The name doesn't fit in my opinion" is a rather weak argument. May I redirect you to 'Mists of Pandaria'?

Deleted
    Than why its a Trademark of Blizzard Entertainment its at the bottom http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
    That could just be the website, and/or the teaser name being trademarked so no one uses it, but as said, i may be wrong, well just have to see next wednesday

Well in his defense he has prove people wrong twice, I hardly ever see him wrong when he defends something.
    Third times the charm right?

So... how do they reveal something without a trademark first?
    They already have. Twice. Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls. Both revealed/discovered before anyone found a trademark filing. Hearthstone was ultimately discovered to have been filed in Swaziland, which has no online database for anyone to search. Blizzard can file in Swaziland without anyone finding out until after they make an announcement. Which is why they wouldn't have filed The Dark Below where anyone could find it. And since anyone could have filed the trademark that was found, as was demonstrated with Corgis Unleashed, it's very unlikely Blizzard filed it when they have the Swaziland option.