Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    blizz wants their game to last longer, so they put in nerfs/restrictions and gating mechanics in pretty much every aspect of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    blizz wants their game to last longer, so they put in nerfs/restrictions and gating mechanics in pretty much every aspect of their game.
    ironically, it has the opposite effect. Back in 5.1 I remember the us battle.net forums being filled with complaints over the grinds and how the dailies were required along with forced realm coalescing (still see that every now and again too). You can guess how the blizzard fanboys reacted. well, when the people actually started quitting in droves, the fanboys started filling the forums with crap like "the community is so toxic", where they place themselves above everyone else and talk down to other forum goers. People are always gonna point fingers at something/someone else. Kids lie. They are incapable of being truthful at all, especially when on the internet where lying has no consequences.
    Last edited by whirlingcloud; 2013-08-15 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlingcloud View Post
    pfffft gimmi a break. Half the people that play wow have no clue how to even use professions... They might have had 4k (that they actually earned) once... back when they were leveling up. 4k an hour is very good. I can easily farm up 16k a day with little effort, no ganking, and ZERO competition whatsoever. not to mention, people NEED what I have to sell and there is not a very large number of people selling what i sell so... i can almost set my own prices (as ridiculously high as i want)... and dominate that part of the market entirely...

Deepholm.. you were always competing... always getting ganked... (man the ganking there is just out of control).

Not to mention... My spot isent getting nerfed.. My spot never will get nerfed. Your spot... however, is clearly getting destroyed. So... Who is the one laughing again?
    I'm on Illidan, everyone needs everything on my server no matter what it is, so that's not a problem. You cannot get ganked as a Warlock in Deepholm either. There are many places to farm that other people don't know about, what my post is mainly about is the fact that there should be spots people can farm at without getting the nerfbat. There are tons of ways to farm gold and killing mobs should be one of them too. There should be more places like Mistfall Village (that should be equivalent to going out and mining/herbing) if we choose to kill mobs instead.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-08-15 at 04:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    There are tons of ways to farm gold and killing mobs should be one of them too. There should be more places like Mistfall Village (that should be equivalent to going out and mining/herbing) if we choose to kill mobs instead.
    You can be guaranteed that if there is a way to farm gold "fast," where "fast" is some arbitrary value decided by Blizzard (used to be 200-300 gold/hr, dunno what now), and it becomes widely used, it will be stopped.

By "farming gold" I mean gold that comes from mob drops, item vendoring, quest rewards -- gold that is added to the economy.

Farming materials too fast is one thing, and Blizzard doesn't like it, but farming gold too fast is another, and Blizzard will stop it immediately. Excess gold in the economy is bad for everyone.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If something shifts your positioning, you adjust yourself to a new one. They've come and gone; they'll come and go.

What if you logged in after maintenance and now mining nodes only granted you one ore and herbing only gave you one herb?
    That would be pretty damn awesome, I'd just have to fly home right quick and pull down some auctions and repost x5 the buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You can be guaranteed that if there is a way to farm gold "fast," where "fast" is some arbitrary value decided by Blizzard (used to be 200-300 gold/hr, dunno what now), and it becomes widely used, it will be stopped.

By "farming gold" I mean gold that comes from mob drops, item vendoring, quest rewards -- gold that is added to the economy.

Farming materials too fast is one thing, and Blizzard doesn't like it, but farming gold too fast is another, and Blizzard will stop it immediately. Excess gold in the economy is bad for everyone.
    I'm not saying farming monsters should be fast or that "farming gold" should mean millions of gold drops from the mobs. You go out and farm ore and herbs, you sell them to others, someone loses gold, someone gains it. You go out and kill mobs, they drop greens, cloth, whatever they drop, you sell it, you make gold, others lose gold. There are still thousands of bots out there that make millions of gold from mining and herbing so a bunch of assholes that do nothing get everything and the people who work hard get nothing.

I think that it is wrong and unfair that all of these farming spots are being nerfed into the ground.

For all of the people who think that it's fair, answer me this, are there not farming professions? Do you not need to be a Druid to be the best class to farm these professions? You can be a Druid and Mine and Herb without dismounting. You can sit there and watch TV all day and just mindlessly clicking a button waiting for the little yellow dot to appear on your map.

So what if some of us choose to kill monsters as a means of farming? There are professions for it, people play the Auction House, they buy Trading Card Game cards to sell for WoW gold. Some people even disobey the rules and buy gold from other players, and sell it too.

As I see it, there are two types of people in this game, the ones who do the work and the ones who want the reward with no work. Sure, you can go on the auction house and buy everything, but how do you think it gets on the auction house? People go out and farm it for you.

I am disgusted by the people who say that all these farming spots deserve to be nerfed, yes, they are overpowered, but there are ways to fix that instead of ruining it for everyone and making the spot useless!

In regards to the Mistfall Village nerf, as I said, there are people who want to do the work for the rewards and others who just want the reward, if we want to go out and get Skyshards for those people who don't have time or are too lazy to make the effort to obtain their own mount why is that wrong of us? You act as if the mounts just randomly appear in our bags. That area is a hell of a lot more work to do then just looking for the yellow dot on your map and right-clicking.

In regards to the Deepholm area, leveling professions downright sucks, if someone chooses to go out and farm the cloth so someone can buy it all and level their Tailoring, why not?! If I want to stock up the Auction House with bags for people to use, why not?!

Yes, I believe these areas did need nerfs, but my question is why did you nerf it to the point of uselessness? What if you woke up one day to go mining and herbing and every node only gave you 1 piece of ore or 1 herb?

If Druids can be the best at farming ore and herbs, why is there such a big problem with Warlocks? Each Class is better at certain things, and I don't feel it's fair to shame them for it. I have been playing since Vanilla and I have no alts, just my Warlock. If you can tell me to go make a Druid to farm ore and herbs, I can tell you if you want to farm go make a Warlock. You don't need a Druid to farm herb and ore and you don't need a Warlock to farm monsters, it's just what works best.
    only monks can fly while both herbing and mining.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    only monks can fly while both herbing and mining.
    Because nit picking at stupidity is really what I was hoping for.