Poll: Who will kill Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Dear gods no. Anyone. ANYONE but Thrall. He can't save the universe again. Just no. No. I'd rather just let Garrosh live than that.
    so you'd rather no one get the kill so that the character you dislike can be spited, how mature.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

I hope its a little showdown and they all jump in to fight him together but Garrosh knocks away Thrall and Varian. He'll then go to finish thrall off and Vol'jin will shoot him in the back with an arrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    so you'd rather no one get the kill so that the character you dislike can be spited, how mature.
    If that's how it's got to happen then yes. I'm sure it could be dealt with in a manner that's not Thrall saving everyone, and someone else saving him. I thought it was clear a lot of people had had more than their fill of Thrall last expansion, and that's why he's been relatively absent this time around. Having had him save us against Deathwing, save Orgrimmar from Jaina's Tsunami, and save us all again from Garrosh is just... words escape me.

Deleted
    we are the ones who will clean the filth in orgrimmar. why should mr king louie vol'jin sucker, mon! deliver the killing blow? no, i want to see US delivering the killing blow.

Deleted
    The prophecy clearly states that it shall be Vol'Jin

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzard should create two endings, for horde and alliance. In Horde version i'd like to see Thrall strike killing blow as well as something symbolic, like Gorehowl shatter by a Doomhammer or something like this.

As for Alliance i can't decide between Varian and Jaina.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If that's how it's got to happen then yes. I'm sure it could be dealt with in a manner that's not Thrall saving everyone, and someone else saving him. I thought it was clear a lot of people had had more than their fill of Thrall last expansion, and that's why he's been relatively absent this time around. Having had him save us against Deathwing, save Orgrimmar from Jaina's Tsunami, and save us all again from Garrosh is just... words escape me.
    I never suggested having Thrall save us from Garrosh. However it should be Thrall's decision (assuming he is alive at the end of the encounter) as to what is to be done to Garrosh when everyone else defeats him.

Thrall may decide to:
    1) Hand the leadership of the Horde to someone like Vol'jin or Varok and let them decide what to do with Garrosh (reasonably likely)
    2) Sentence Garrosh to death, and assign someone like Vol'jin or Varok the task of execution (less likely)
    3) Sentence Garrosh to death and carry out the sentence personally (highly unlikely)
    4) Grant Garrosh an alternative punishment (eg exile, imprisonment etc) (reasonably likely)

Also I suspect it's highly unlikely that Thrall will be instrumental in the battle. Garrosh has used the power of the Dark Shaman to corrupt the elements around Orgrimmar, making it impossible for Thrall to call on those elements, rendering the Shaman in this case, somewhat impotent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I think blizzard should create two endings, for horde and alliance. In Horde version i'd like to see Thrall strike killing blow as well as something symbolic, like Gorehowl shatter by a Doomhammer or something like this.

As for Alliance i can't decide between Varian and Jaina.
    SoO will be having different endings for both factions, so we might expect something like that.

Deleted
    Varian and Anduin father-son kamehameha after Varian gets killed during an early cutscene in the raid

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    we are the ones who will clean the filth in orgrimmar. why should mr king louie vol'jin sucker, mon! deliver the killing blow? no, i want to see US delivering the killing blow.
    If by "US" you mean the horde champions, that could work. If however you mean the Alliance champions, I would have a problem with this, and so too would the entire Horde.

Garrosh is the leader of the Horde who betrayed the Horde. His sentence should be carried out by the Horde. The Alliance are welcome to help the Horde in defeating Garrosh and bringing him to justice, but that is where their role ends, unless of course we accept that the unacceptable premise that the Horde have lost their honour and sovereignty.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    If by "US" you mean the horde champions, that could work. If however you mean the Alliance champions, I would have a problem with this, and so too would the entire Horde.

Garrosh is the leader of the Horde who betrayed the Horde. His sentence should be carried out by the Horde. The Alliance are welcome to help the Horde in defeating Garrosh and bringing him to justice, but that is where their role ends, unless of course we accept that the unacceptable premise that the Horde have lost their honour and sovereignty.
    arguable, alliance could easily try to turn that around by saying they deserve the kill if only to be rid of the person that (along with varian during wrath) actively increased hostilities between the two factions to the point of open war (believe it or not there were varying degrees of either cold war or strained peace until garrosh and varian really started going at eachother, even the BGs in game could be considered little more than border disputes). alliance has rights to a kill because garrosh is the driving force behind most of their major losses over the last few years of in game time, but they were still winning the majority of actual lore battles. horde has the right to the kill as he betrayed the trust of every race in the horde including some of the orcs in a manner that fully warrants his death, and since it was an act of betrayal they should be the ones to handle it......both sides have a justification, the fun part is seeing which one manages to stop yelling at the other and actually take the kill.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Deleted
    Vol'jin will kill the Heart of Y'shaarj, promise fulfilled to put an arrow through Garrosh's 'Black Heart' (of Pandaria) and Varian will rightfully get the killing blow on Garrosh. After all the crap he did to the Alliance, it's only fair that the Alliance get the kill.

And I don't wanna hear your whining, Whored scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    So, with the Siege of Orgrimmar quickly approaching, and Garrosh about to be served a delicious helping of justice, I have question for you.

Who do YOU want to see delivering the killing blow to Garrosh Hellscream?

I would personally love to see Varian Wrynn doing the deadly deed. I mean, they are leaders of rival factions, they've been famous enemies since the trailer for 3.1 and Garrosh crushed his son almost to the point of death. I think Thrall is also an appropriate choice, but as a proud Alliance player, I fucking lust for the moment in the closing cinematic when Varian slices and dices Hellscream into a thousand tiny pieces.

Please, for my pleasure, leave your reasons as to why you chose who you did.
    should be an alliance npc or player, but then again we should be able to turn Ogrimar into a petting zoo all full of little moo cows and other horde races.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

75% certain the canon kill will be going to Varian. Both sides are most likely going to have different figures present though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

This is horribly short-sighted.

Garrosh is responsible for leveling Theramore and killing Rhonin in the process as well as permanently changing Jaina, nearly killing Varian's son (he thought he had), he viciously slaughtered Night Elves in Ashenvale, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else here. The fact is, he is universally despised and trying to discredit an Alliance npc from the killing blow by claiming some sort of favoritism is laughable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Varian should finish the job. They are rival and they have fought many times without clear winner.
    Could not agree more! The rival leader should def have the final blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Don't care who kills him. Would like his fathers spirit to appear and pick up Gorehowl and destroy the heart though. That would be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Only way I'd ever forgive Garrosh for this is if Garrosh picks up gorehowl and sacrifices himself to kill the Heart.
    Any chance either of these have anything to do with:

Vision of Vol'jin says: And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule swiftly and silently.

Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.

Probably a bit of a reach seeing as how VolJin said all that long prior to coming to Pandaria, but what if he's speaking about shooting the actual heart of Y'Shaarj, and not Garrosh's actual heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I throw my vote for Kor'jus <Mushroom Vendor>

Deleted
    Varian, after which he will be sitting on the Warchief's throne, taking a nice pic with every other Alliance leader and leaving a permanent "we have been here, rockin' this place" sign on the ground. :P