Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do LFR if you can just get a full set of 535 from timeless?

LFR's first wing doesn't even pop up till 1 week later.

By then you coulda just 5manned timeless island on the weekend and you'd have gotten 2 pieces of 535 gear from the blazing treasure/1time quest and another 2-3 from drops.

Then maybe a lucky item or 2 from flex/world boss.

lol.

Well don't do it then.

Guess having different stuff to do in the game and different ways of acquiring gear is bad now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those 7 items, if you get lucky, don't cover half your characters gear slots.

they will for sure put some kind of restirction on upgrading gear to 535 - for example 1 upgrade per weeks has 100 % chance for u from special chest rest will have like 1 % - similiar to what happens with keys to solo swenarios in isle of thunder - simply dont belive they would make catch up so easy that u could get full 535 set in 1 week -_-

Deleted
    > Fluttershy

> lol
    > lol == laughing out loud

Doesn't compute...

-----------

Trinkets, tier, and more than likely: better itemization with sockets.
    But yeah it doesn't sounds bad. Yay for alternate gearing paths.

If you are doing it 5man chances of everyone getting 2-3 535 upgrades are extremely low, unless you are farming non stop all day all weekend.

Why would you put that much effort and waste time in on an alt (i say alt because for mains 535 is already lower than what we have now) just to get a few extra ilvls and not have to do lfr, it's a HUGE time investment if you want 535 for all your items.

The 535 Timeless items are a nice bonus for 1 or 2 slots for an alt, they are not a viable alternative to LFR or Flex. Nowhere near unless you want to farm 24/7.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Yeah, I felt it was kinda odd to make TI better than LFR. Equal I could understand as a type of RNG protection. The TI stuff is <Random Enchantment> like Barrens gear, but unless they add a restriction of upgrade frequency you can just keep trying till you get the perfect itemization you want.

But I will run SoO LFR at least once on each alt, for completionism and to see the content. Still, we have a very odd web of gear going into this, not sure what to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

By then you coulda just 5manned timeless island on the weekend and you'd have gotten 2 pieces of 535 gear from the blazing treasure/1time quest and another 2-3 from drops.

lol.
    Same reason why you do LFR when heroic scenarios exist.

You don't.

I suspect LFR participation is going to be really bad this tier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Cant you get 1 535 per day?

Dont do it if you dont want to, plain and simple.

Whoa... blizz is *sorta* giving an option for progression for new guys that don't wanna do LFR at long last lol. Only took to the end of the expansion, but it's a good start.

Deleted
    Doing dailies requires more dedication, skill and time from you as a player, so I expect people will still to LFR. And, why not do both?

lol.
    because set bonus
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This is like saying "Why do ToT LFR when you can get 516s from Heroic Scens".

also you guys are looking at this the wrong way.

you are looking at timeless gear as a new thing, its not, its just valor gear that doesnt cost valor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    This is like saying "Why do ToT LFR when you can get 516s from Heroic Scens".
    Legendary quest, rep for 522 gear.

Org gives neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also you guys are looking at this the wrong way.

you are looking at timeless gear as a new thing, its not, its just valor gear that doesnt cost valor
    Valor gear doesn't have a random enchantment on it. This is less like Valor gear and more like Heroic Scenario gear.

Legendary quest, rep for 522 gear.

Org gives neither.
    Don't need the rep in 5.4, and it's not like the encounters are balanced around everyone having the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because set bonus
    I'm of the opinion that almost no set bonus warrants dropping FOUR items from 522 to 502 (or 516 to 502 if you don't have that valor piece / oondasta drop / crafted item). 2p can be done with nalakk and luck, and maybe 1 piece of LFR tier