Elemental reforging help!

Hey guys, I just read this:

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=95

and it says if you have the LMG, you want: Haste to 4204 > Mastery > Haste > Crit

is this true because at the bottom he/she says he/she isn't 100 percent sure about the calculations.

I've just been stacking haste like hell and with enough things proc I do get sub 1 sec casts. Do you guys agree with this reforging or should just keep up the haste?

Edit: I know the right answer is Simcraft but just like to know the other peoples opinion.

haste and mastery are very close.

i think haste comes out on top slightly, because of RPPM and PE.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are very close and really you won't be wrong going one way or the other, depending on gameplay or style, or even splitting what you put your stats into.

However, yes, the right answer is to Sim yourself and see what your exact stat weights are.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    and it says if you have the LMG, you want: Haste to 4204 > Mastery > Haste > Crit
    You should reread the totemspot post, as it explain that the priority with LMG is in fact Haste until 4204 > Mastery = Haste above 4204 > Crit.

Like others said, you can go with either haste or mastery if you're not going to actually sim your gear. Haste works out better if you have two RPPM trinkets and for single target fights. Mastery is better for cleave and AOE fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinksey View Post
    You should reread the totemspot post, as it explain that the priority with LMG is in fact Haste until 4204 > Mastery = Haste above 4204 > Crit.

Like others said, you can go with either haste or mastery if you're not going to actually sim your gear. Haste works out better if you have two RPPM trinkets and for single target fights. Mastery is better for cleave and AOE fights.
    Oh damn, looks like I skimmed over that too quickly.

Ty everyone makes more sense now. I think Im going to try to keep them around the same.

I should note that I expect the value of haste is going to go down in 5.4 with the nerfs to RPPM benefiting from haste. Not sure how much though...