Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It increases your spirit, haste and mastery rating and your crit damage(think Burning meta) by the stated percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrau View Post
    So I just got the lfr version of Immerseus trinket (I'm obviously balance) and I was wondering if even the LFR version would replace breathe of hydra (normal 2/2) or Animus trinket 2/2. Also, how does it exactly work?
    Importing yourself into WrathCalcs will help with any gear choices you may have!

The amplification trinket just works by multiplying your mastery, haste and spirit ratings by a flat percentage, as well as your critical strike damage bonus -- not crit rating.

Deleted
    Sadly I am not able to use Wrathcalcs, so I'm afraid that's not much of an option for me. Believe I've tried it in the past and it's just gone to hell. Fair enough, so no crit rating but crit damage. I guess I'll have to try it out tonight. Thanks !

Deleted
    Sadly I am not able to use Wrathcalcs, so I'm afraid that's not much of an option for me. Believe I've tried it in the past and it's just gone to hell. Fair enough, so no crit rating but crit damage. I guess I'll have to try it out tonight. Thanks !
    Why can't you use it? Btw: It won't work in Open Office any more, you have to use MS Office.

Deleted
    Yeah, used to use Open Office but got the "real deal" now. However, for some reason as I tried it yesterday, it won't let me change the numbers in the drop down menus. It works on most, like gear and such but it won't let me change reforge and if it's upgraded or not.

Yeah, used to use Open Office but got the "real deal" now. However, for some reason as I tried it yesterday, it won't let me change the numbers in the drop down menus. It works on most, like gear and such but it won't let me change reforge and if it's upgraded or not.
    When you first open WC you get a bar/ribbon of notifications near the top, from excel, that asks you to activate macros and enable editing (security reasons). Click both to unlock full functionality.

Deleted
    Slippy, did you get a chance to look at the normal gear at all? Doesn't work out more or less the same as the heroic list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    Slippy, did you get a chance to look at the normal gear at all? Doesn't work out more or less the same as the heroic list?
    Yeah I fiddled with it a few times a couple of days ago but ended up with the same gear. Many pieces are viable though, with not much separation between BiS and Second-in-Slot. I don't think it warrants writing up a T16N BiS list.

Deleted
    Reason behind gemming in shoulder, back and chest? Expertise gems instead of int + crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Midru View Post
    Reason behind gemming in shoulder, back and chest? Expertise gems instead of int + crit?
    I guess you need them to be hitcapped ^^

More specificially, expertise is actually better than int as long as you aren't capped. This is the first tier where we can make use of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    More specificially, expertise is actually better than int as long as you aren't capped. This is the first tier where we can make use of that.
    What Huth said -- I'm sure I answered that question in the last couple of pages. Regardless, it makes sense that if 2x crit/mastery > 1x int, and adding in some expertise gems allows you either more crit or mastery, then surely it helps you more.

Just a quick question here about an upgrade I made last night and not totally sure about it. I had Woosholay Normal (2/2) and Cha'Ye Normal (2/2), got Kardris' Toxic Totem (Flex), upgraded it to 2/2 and replaced Woosholay. Now wowprogress calculation on my dps plunged to 130k (from ~225k). Was this a good change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apxutekt View Post
    Just a quick question here about an upgrade I made last night and not totally sure about it. I had Woosholay Normal (2/2) and Cha'Ye Normal (2/2), got Kardris' Toxic Totem (Flex), upgraded it to 2/2 and replaced Woosholay. Now wowprogress calculation on my dps plunged to 130k (from ~225k). Was this a good change?
    Absolutely, flex Kardris' will easily beat any normal ToT trinket, esp. Wushoolay's post-nerf. I can guarantee this is a problem with SimCraft and not indicative of the trinkets in-game. Did you sim the second time with DoC? DoC isn't properly modelled and causes huge DPS losses in SimCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Absolutely, flex Kardris' will easily beat any normal ToT trinket, esp. Wushoolay's post-nerf. I can guarantee this is a problem with SimCraft and not indicative of the trinkets in-game. Did you sim the second time with DoC? DoC isn't properly modelled and causes huge DPS losses in SimCraft.
    Yeah, the first sim on wowprogress was done with fon+hotw (got me down to 130k) and the second with inc+doc (went up to 136k). Weird stuff. Thanks I was kinda worried hehe. <3

Edit: Just updated again, now the sim shows 241k with fon+hotw.
    Last edited by Apxutekt; 2013-09-22 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Update

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Yeah I fiddled with it a few times a couple of days ago but ended up with the same gear. Many pieces are viable though, with not much separation between BiS and Second-in-Slot. I don't think it warrants writing up a T16N BiS list.
    Thanks. I guess the only differences might come from Ordos' gear possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apxutekt View Post
    Yeah, the first sim on wowprogress was done with fon+hotw (got me down to 130k) and the second with inc+doc (went up to 136k). Weird stuff. Thanks I was kinda worried hehe. <3

Edit: Just updated again, now the sim shows 241k with fon+hotw.
    Yeah HotW should be similar to in-game, the SimCraft guys have begun trying to fix the DoC modelling in their program so hopefully it'll be ready in a later release. Not long now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutheru View Post
    Thanks. I guess the only differences might come from Ordos' gear possibly.
    They seem to be pretty good, but not as good as the stuff from SoO. A lot of them came in second to a few pieces, and like I said there isn't much of a DPS difference between the options. They'll be great until you get a normal WF or heroic piece, definitely.

- - - Updated - - -

Small update: fixed up the item comparison list and caused a change of bracers back to Purified Spirit. Let me know if anyone sees any errors.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1333003-Balance-T16H-BiS-List?p=22223448#post22223448

We killed immerseus and 2 trinkets dropped (25m). Our raid leader/gm said he'd be giving it to warlocks and shadow priests first cause they use haste/mastery more so than boomkins. Sparkuggz did the math, and its not nearly as bis for them. Thats not the arguement though. Im wondering why boomkins would be last on the priority list simply cause of a few things: crit damage. Crit is one of our best stats. While the trinket doesnt increase crit, it increases crit damage, and it would make the value incredibly high. Mastery is also equal to crit in stat value. This goes up 8%. Haste is increased by 8%, thus lowering the amount of haste we need to hit the breakpoint. We also get 8% more spirit, lowering the amount of hit we need, allowing us to allocate stats into other ones, increasing their value.

Dont take this the wrong way. I trust my raid leaders judgement, and will stand by him. But i just dont see it as a good arguement. I dont want to bring this up and get shit on for it, i want to know if anyones done the math to see where the trinket sits for each class. I can tell the value for mine, but not anyone elses (except warlocks cause sparkuggz did a comparison.) Didnt know if this was the right place. But it seemed the most logical.
    Last edited by Liax; 2013-09-24 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    We killed immerseus and 2 trinkets dropped (25m). Our raid leader/gm said he'd be giving it to warlocks and shadow priests first cause they use haste/mastery more so than boomkins. Sparkuggz did the math, and its not nearly as bis for them. Thats not the arguement though. Im wondering why boomkins would be last on the priority list simply cause of a few things: crit damage. Crit is one of our best stats. While the trinket doesnt increase crit, it increases crit damage, and it would make the value incredibly high. Mastery is also equal to crit in stat value. This goes up 8%. Haste is increased by 8%, thus lowering the amount of haste we need to hit the breakpoint. We also get 8% more spirit, lowering the amount of hit we need, allowing us to allocate stats into other ones, increasing their value.

Dont take this the wrong way. I trust my raid leaders judgement, and will stand by him. But i just dont see it as a good arguement. I dont want to bring this up and get shit on for it, i want to know if anyones done the math to see where the trinket sits for each class. I can tell the value for mine, but not anyone elses (except warlocks cause sparkuggz did a comparison.) Didnt know if this was the right place. But it seemed the most logical.
    Dont trust youre RL, he's just wrong. Altho it is BIS for mages, and possibly locks, every hybrid benefits from it more, due the allowing us to reforge more secondary stats after benefiting from the +%spirit. That being said, most hybrids are already borderline hit capped, and in current gear struggle to get it below cap.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Dont trust youre RL, he's just wrong. Altho it is BIS for mages, and possibly locks, every hybrid benefits from it more, due the allowing us to reforge more secondary stats after benefiting from the +%spirit. That being said, most hybrids are already borderline hit capped, and in current gear struggle to get it below cap.
    Crit damage pretty much also benefits fire mage / druid / ele the most.