Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Stonard is still there when you finish alliance questing unless they patched the zone.
    The least they could've done was phase out the NPCs and light it on fire (requires no new art). Stick an equivalent to the Theramore-phase-NPC too to switch back and forth (this tech might not have been finished by the time Cata launched).

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The least they could've done was phase out the NPCs and light it on fire (requires no new art). Stick an equivalent to the Theramore-phase-NPC too to switch back and forth (this tech might not have been finished by the time Cata launched).
    That would be the most they could do. The least they could do is what they did, nothing.

I don't mind that horde flight paths and full on towns aren't phased out. But I agree more phasing could have been done in places like say Ashenvale where that one tower is still being attacked after you fight them off. The only flight point to be phased out is Andorhal for alliance and there wasn't even an actual town there to begin with, just that DK and a few other npcs. But they could have done more in places that aren't horde towns/flight paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    As someone who has a clear understanding that I am not my pixels, I will literally never understand the mindset of people like the OP.
    But i thought this was real?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    As an Alliance player let me say that while I applaud your personal connection to the game I have to say that I'm tired of all the constant bitching and moaning about every little thing blizzard does. One person bitches that blizz loves horde because not enough alliance story in mop and the next bitches that blizz loves alliance and ruined the horde by giving them Garrosh's. no matter what they do they can't win.

Thank the heavens that every company out there that makes something doesn't have to deal with constant anonymouse windbags screaming bloody murder every time they produce something. Pepsi doesn't have to deal with this crap because if someone buys a carton of Pepsi they don't seem to fall under this diseased mindset that drinking a Pepsi makes them the worlds authority on what Pepsi Co. Should do on a corporate level.

Either relax and see where the game goes or leave. Your problem is infinitesimal in comparison to everything happening outside your door.
    Very poor analogy (Apples and oranges). Ironically, I bet a lot of people are tired of seeing posts like yours who contribute nothing to what op actually addressed. He certainly has every right to create a thread and express what he feels about the game. It's his opinion and afterall this is a forum to express opinions just like you did with your post. Like you said, you can either contribute, see where the thread goes or leave.

BTW, nice irrelevant jab at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ok, name one major lorewise horde victory that Blizz failed to show in-game, oh wait, horde victories are all in-game (Never "Too much work for too little gain" or whatever), that's what gets to me, Blizz will do nearly anything to show horde storylines in-game and Alliance-players need to read books to know what happens and in-game... we have to use our imaginations.
    Maybe this was because most Horde Victories took place right after Garrosh became Warchief, and the zones were updated because they were revamping the old world, the Horde has a new aggressive Warchief, why not fix the zone imbalance between the two factions. That's why, it's not too hard to figure out, and no alliance players don't have a "right" to be angry, or complain. They do have a right to quit the game if they're so unhappy though. Seriously, at this point it's pathetic, you guys had Vanilla, Most of BC and Wrath as "Alliance" Expansions, let us have our two and feel free stop bitching about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Maybe this was because most Horde Victories took place right after Garrosh became Warchief, and the zones were updated because they were revamping the old world, the Horde has a new aggressive Warchief, why not fix the zone imbalance between the two factions. That's why, it's not too hard to figure out, and no alliance players don't have a "right" to be angry, or complain. They do have a right to quit the game if they're so unhappy though. Seriously, at this point it's pathetic, you guys had Vanilla, Most of BC and Wrath as "Alliance" Expansions, let us have our two and feel free stop bitching about it.
    Most alliance complainers, at least the level headed ones, aren't complaining that we lost land but that blizz is doing a poor job of showing our story progress and have an impact in game, not because the horde have more hubs in ashenvale etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most alliance complainers, at least the level headed ones, aren't complaining that we lost land but that blizz is doing a poor job of showing our story progress and have an impact in game, not because the horde have more hubs in ashenvale etc.
    I'm all for you guys getting some of your victories shown in-game, but I think it's a little ridiculous to complain that "We're not taking over Orgrimmar/Undercity/blahblahblah" and justify it by the Horde's victories being shown, Blizzard themselves have said that "Gameplay>Lore" (Unfortunate, but, it is what it is.), and it's not too hard to see that the reason most of the Horde's victories got shown was because of Faction zone imbalance, not what Alliance players are complaining about, but it was the original problem. Unfortunately, I'm assuming Theramore-style phasing hadn't been smoothed out at that point.

I'm all for you guys getting some of your victories shown in-game, but I think it's a little ridiculous to complain that "We're not taking over Orgrimmar/Undercity/blahblahblah" and justify it by the Horde's victories being shown, Blizzard themselves have said that "Gameplay>Lore" (Unfortunate, but, it is what it is.), and it's not too hard to see that the reason most of the Horde's victories got shown was because of Faction zone imbalance, not what Alliance players are complaining about, but it was the original problem. Unfortunately, I'm assuming Theramore-style phasing hadn't been smoothed out at that point.
    I agree there's no reason to go back to old zones. They're still set during Cataclysm. What I DO want to see is confirmation in game that lore wise the horde is pulling out of ashenvale and gilneas. I don't need development resources poured into those zones in game to show it, but I do want it done in lore.

Yeah, the problem isn't losing Southshore, it's that the Forsaken plagued Southshore and Gilneas and outside of the Worgen starting zone basically nobody in the Alliance even notices, much less cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yeah, the problem isn't losing Southshore, it's that the Forsaken plagued Southshore and Gilneas and outside of the Worgen starting zone basically nobody in the Alliance even notices, much less cares.
    The other annoying aspect is that it feels like all the Alliance hate is being put onto Garrosh in lore. Gotta stop Garrosh, then end the fighting, and leaving people to fear the Alliance won't even push to stabilize and fully reclaim Gilneas and just forget about what Sylvannas has done, never bringing it up outside of Rogers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other annoying aspect is that it feels like all the Alliance hate is being put onto Garrosh in lore. Gotta stop Garrosh, then end the fighting, and leaving people to fear the Alliance won't even push to stabilize and fully reclaim Gilneas and just forget about what Sylvannas has done, never bringing it up outside of Rogers.
    As a long time Horde player, I'd have no problems with Sylvanas being taken out by the alliance, personally I'd rather see 5.4 be called "Siege of the Undercity, fall of the bitch queen".

The only thing i dont really like about alliance story is that we gain territory ie dalaran, but its not shown in game. We have plenty of story in books and whatever but its just not apparent. And the whole last raid is all about horde thing isnt cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

As a long time Horde player, I'd have no problems with Sylvanas being taken out by the alliance, personally I'd rather see 5.4 be called "Siege of the Undercity, fall of the bitch queen".
    I've always found it baffling that anybody would tolerate Sylvanas and the Forsaken. As far back as vanilla it has been abundantly clear that they plan on plaguing every living thing on the planet.

Unfortunately, Blizzard probably won't ever address the issue, because sideboob is the most powerful force in the World of Warcraft.

Garrosh is the hero that the Horde needs but not the hero they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Dranosh is the hero that the Horde needs but not the hero they deserve.
    Fixed that for you.

Angry? Towards a video game? Ok, that's a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    This expansion, after Theramore, there have been a string of Alliance victories. They stopped Garrosh in 5.1 from doing what he was going to do. By 5.2, we had purged Dalaran. Dalaran is now an Alliance city. 5.3, we saw the Horde completely dissolving while the Alliance is coming together. And in 5.4, the Alliance is marching into Orgrimmar, deposing the Warchief, and allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with. So, Alliance is changing the world here. And so, that's big! I don't know how to make it any bigger without alienating the entire Horde playerbase. I think we're trying to walk the line where both Alliance and Horde are seeing the siege of Orgrimmar as something they're both excited about. I think we've crafted a good story to do that. I'm not sure... if we were sieging Stormwind would that be more fist-pumpy? I mean, YOU'RE SIEGING ORGRIMMAR! YOU ARE TAKING AN ENEMY CAPITAL AND KILLING THE WARCHIEF! I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. They're like, "uuhhhh yeahh, whatever." I don't know, I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. PUMP SOME FISTS AS YOU KILL EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR, practically. (Source)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    This expansion, after Theramore, there have been a string of Alliance victories. They stopped Garrosh in 5.1 from doing what he was going to do. By 5.2, we had purged Dalaran. Dalaran is now an Alliance city. 5.3, we saw the Horde completely dissolving while the Alliance is coming together. And in 5.4, the Alliance is marching into Orgrimmar, deposing the Warchief, and allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with. So, Alliance is changing the world here. And so, that's big! I don't know how to make it any bigger without alienating the entire Horde playerbase. I think we're trying to walk the line where both Alliance and Horde are seeing the siege of Orgrimmar as something they're both excited about. I think we've crafted a good story to do that. I'm not sure... if we were sieging Stormwind would that be more fist-pumpy? I mean, YOU'RE SIEGING ORGRIMMAR! YOU ARE TAKING AN ENEMY CAPITAL AND KILLING THE WARCHIEF! I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. They're like, "uuhhhh yeahh, whatever." I don't know, I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. PUMP SOME FISTS AS YOU KILL EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR, practically. (Source)
    well I don't think that... wait a second... "every single orc in Orgrimmar" "every single orc"... we kill all the orcs in Orgrimmar... Garrosh is in Orgrimmar... but so is Thrall... and Thrall is an orc... and we kill every single orc, not most orcs, not all orcs allied with Garrosh, but every single orc. If we kill Thrall, I admit that I think that will be indeed the fistpump moment of the Alliance players, not the faction, but if we indeed kill Thrall, as an Alliance player I'll enjoy coming to the forums and seeing the Horde players complain in masses and tell them the exact things they said to me and all the Alliance players with valid complains, which is: "quit your whining!". And then they'd explode with rage... That would truly be epic.

Dalaran is now an Alliance city.
    Then why do the guards keep porting me out of that Northern section?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun