Poll: what you think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Roll Shadow Hunter in with Dark Rangers and Sentinels, and it could work. A generalised magic archer would potentially work and fills a gap in the armour distribution.

I still consider Tinkers to be a bizzare concept. And its got a crappy sounding name. No idea why its being pimped out so much.
    Tinker is a pretty iconic gnome and goblin class that has unique abilities. Things like Shadow Hunter, Witch Doctor, Demon Hunter, and whatever else are just rehashes of existing classes.

Too strongly tied to trolls and voodoo to be realistically available to other races, not unique enough even if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    all classes are a+b classes
    Thats exactly why they said they aren't making anymore of them in the future...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I still consider Tinkers to be a bizzare concept. And its got a crappy sounding name. No idea why its being pimped out so much.
    Mainly because its a broad concept. Its so broad that you don't even have to call it "Tinker". You can call it Technician, Mechanic, Artificer, Gyromancer, Inventor, or Machinist and it still works. People recognize that that level of broadness and flexibility is what Blizzard looks for when they determine classes.

It also helps that its unlike any other class currently in the game.

1 reason why shadow hunter isn't likely at all:

headhunter = warrior or rogue
    which doctor = tribal shaman
    dark ranger = undead hunter
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    IT DO GROW BACK MON!: cuts off a limb and using dark magic you grow it back. good for party tricks. occasionally you die from it not growing back in time
    This would be AWESOME.

Edit: But in all seriousness, this seems to be TOO troll-specific. . . and I want my blood elf witch doctor!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Shadow Hunter is a stupid idea, even worse than Tinker, which let's be honest here, is pretty fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Tinker is. Mainly because people are starting to realize that shallow archetypes aren't made into standalone WoW classes. They become part of WoW classes.
    ROFL. just because here on mmo-c tinkers wins you think, they are winning in general?
    lmfao

Anything but another hunter class IMO lol..

would actually prefer shadow hunter way more then tinker, got more love for them from the WC3 universe.
    Or a dark ranger maybe. Really annoys me that in all games, there is always only 1 bow user. Whhyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why are they hunting shadows? Don't they know that shadows aren't alive and are the result of an object passing in front of a source of light?

No wonder we kill thousands of idiot trolls every expansion.
    Corner now! You need to think about why you are being a troll then let the Shadowhunter trolls cut you down, or we give you to Garrosh to be his bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    "Would be a mix of Shaman and Hunter."

Won't happen. Blizz has said long ago they have no desire to do "A + B" classes.
    paladins and Dks say hi

Most classes are not A + B classes but is just easier to explain it saying that is a combination of hunters and shamans, in that way most people could get the idea...

Cause Shadow Hunters use, elemental magic, nature magic, attack from the shadows, use bows, use daggers, use dark magic, etc..., so if you think about it is more like hunter + shaman + rougue + warlock + druid, so... it isn't a combination of classes, is just easier to explain that way

I will give you this: at least your new class fits thematically with the possible expansion it would be introduced with. You know; like the other two new classes were.

New classes won't just be pulled out at random just 'cuz people like it/want it.

"Oh you're fighting Azshara and her underwater legions and need some additional underwater warriors? Let's train some Demon Hunters!"

Gonna go with the Tinker here, because of its nigh limitless possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I will give you this: at least your new class fits thematically with the possible expansion it would be introduced with. You know; like the other two new classes were.

New classes won't just be pulled out at random just 'cuz people like it/want it.

"Oh you're fighting Azshara and her underwater legions and need some additional underwater warriors? Let's train some Demon Hunters!"

"Need submarines, ways to fight underwater without using magic? Why not Tinkers?"

Giant freaking robot suits yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "Need submarines, ways to fight underwater without using magic? Why not Tinkers?"

Giant freaking robot suits yo.
    Submarines and robot suits are not the theme of the expansion though. Not a good one at least.

Now a Bioshock Big Daddy might win this argument, but lose the war. 'Cause that would be a dumb class.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Submarines and robot suits are not the theme of the expansion though. Not a good one at least.

If The Dark Below ends up being true and about Azshara.. then submarines will be necessary, and robot suits in which Tinkers can fight underwater are also nice handy addition.