Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nothing about that Warlock set screams Warlock to me ( I know we can mog, but that doesn't excuse lazy tier set designs). On another note, it seems that BB and The Timeless Isle are attempts to test out some similar ideas that EQN are going for. I applaud that, but they still need to do better.

Goatse belt.

Removing the daily quest cap made players feel like that doing all of the daily quests available was mandatory.
    Just wanted to state that for me, personally, this was not the case, it gave me a choice of which ones I wanted to do. Granted, until I was maxed out on Rep I did as many as I could, but rarely did I do them all even then. Just wanted to state, as a player, this was not how I felt at all. I felt liberated and told "We trust you to make the right decision for your play style" and I appreciated the gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    Goatse belt.
    How do I unsee it? Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Did it look like I was kidding? Do I really need to lay it out for you?

For finding 15-30 other players and wiping over and over and having to organize a guild and everything that comes with it you get a few ilvls on your gear which looks exactly the same.
    For finding 4 others willing to do challenge modes with you and your group having to wipe many times to go through them (which also requires potions, flasks and feasts) you get a few cosmetic items while for doing piss easy heroics that you can solo by now you get about the same except for a mount and a transmog set but you also get rare items and more gold (mobs in CM don't drop anything).

Are you being serious? Or maybe you don't understand how much time and effort is involved into that challenging content?

And now they again add challenging content that has no rewards at all. I also forgot Brawlers guild with it's cosmetic rewards but I guess those two are solo so it's not a big deal. But the way he said it, if something is challenging that is a reward on it's own... sounds like a joke to me.

Funny thing is barely anyone will agree or care because the vast majority is "unable" to do challenging content.
    Not to mention that the so called better gear from heroic raiding is worse than next flex mode...

One of the reasons for trying to get all that gear is to get some "advantage" on the next tier while waiting for good RNGs on loot drop. Being worse than the lowest dificult (LFR isn't raiding, sry, also there is no "dificult" on something that was designed to be 100% beaten) of the next tier is... no words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    I honestly don't see the point... You can decide to progress your character through different contents, if you pve you'll get pve gear that is usefull for your pve career. You can go PvP and get rewarded with pvp stuff.
    If you want to go through challenging stuff that is not supposed to be current content you will only get those cosmetic rewards like mounts/titles/achi points/pets, like 95% of the current game content.
    That's how I see it, why are you obsessed with having a reward for being better than someone else? You know you are, do you really need to show off?
    Hahaha showing off (wich isn't exactly showing off, it's just getting a reward for beating a challenge when it's still a challenge) hurts others feelings.

its somehow comforting to know that WW monks arent only class who gets bog fat fu from blizz tuning - hunters got screw as well -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Hahaha showing off (wich isn't exactly showing off, it's just getting a reward for beating a challenge when it's still a challenge) hurts others feelings.
    I get it, but we have titles and mounts for the "Glory of whatever raiding" meta to display when they still are rare, achievements for every single heroic kill, FoS for beating the current normal and heroic content. There's plenty of showing off material IMO.
    I agree that going into a new tier of raiding resetting your gear progression feels a bit cheap and unfair, but if you are good you'll be on top again at the end of the upcoming tier... that's a challange too.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Removing the daily quest cap made players feel like that doing all of the daily quests available was mandatory.
    No, putting gear behind the rep contributed to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    [/LIST]
    No, putting gear behind the rep contributed to that.
    Which is weird considering that even if you did dailies only twice per week, you'd still unlock items faster than you could purchase.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    IF only they made secrets and runestones drop 50 -75% after you get legendary on 1 character.
    This system works against alts, hate doing lfrs just because i have to. (first time was great, but its dumb for alts)
    And you "Have to" to stay competitive - you can't just ignore it or you loose raid spot cause of low damage.

Yes, it feels good to finally get legendary after all that time, BUT.. ONLY first time.
    There are many reasons to switch class this late in expansion - one of them is to stay competitive.(some classess just do 10-30% less damage on some fights - hunters for example). Blizzard refuse to fix our scaling issues, we are keep loosing raidspots - and even legendary chain stays in our way - we can't just switch class and do competitive numbers - have to farm legendary for months first.

Doing legendary chain 2nd time is really frustrating.
    Why can't we have 100% dropchance from msv(5.0 content), when it's 5.3 already? Like valour buff when you cap it on 1 character.
    Same goes for valors - 3k this late(almost 5.4) is too much. Make it 1k after you got it on 1 character.
    50-75% from tot(curent content).

ONLY after you finish quest chain on one character.

First time should stay as it is - to feel epic. It really does.
    But 2nd time does not feel that way anymore - it is just booring and dumb quest chain. Feels dumb, when you have done it already - now have to do it all once more for 2-4 months..

2nd time is really bad design for alts/some raiders, who "have to" switch class this late.
    And there ARE many reasons to switch class. It's not just fotm.
    A friend of mine who raids in a serious guild has 3 alts with the epic cloak waiting to finish the chain. If you were half serious you would have been so far aswell. And no blizz should not make it easier. Did you have access to multiple shadowmournes or valanirs back in wotlk? Well, if not there is no reason to start now if you don't want to be patient and put in effort.

The devs are happy with how the legendary item system worked out, and Cory wouldn't be surprised to see them continue with the same kind of system. However, this doesn't mean they won't do legendary items the old way ever again.

Ugh. Just... ugh. The legendary quest chain was bad. Maybe the devs are confusing participation with satisfaction?

That's funny when the cap was removed I did LESS dailies than I did before.

Of course the devs are happy with the legendary. It means guaranteed subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ugh. Just... ugh. The legendary quest chain was bad. Maybe the devs are confusing participation with satisfaction?
    Nope. Our partecipation means their satisfaction so...

"The devs are happy with how the legendary item system worked out, and Cory wouldn't be surprised to see them continue with the same kind of system."

I guess none of the devs had to main change midway through the expansion. Horrible system that needs to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One of the downsides of the new talent system is that it is challenging to provide something new and rewarding every time someone levels. On the upside, the decision process for returning players is much easier and the choices everyone makes are more meaningful.
    They should add a separate parallel talent "tree" next to our current talents for levelling.

It would be similar to the old talents and every level you get points to fill it up. The talents would be mundane stuff like +damage to this attack, +hit, ... etc. stuff that are currently automatically increased.

At level cap, the whole tree will be filled. So there will be no changes to balance.

Not much real choice, but it does give the illusion of choice and progression.
    Exactly. They should have left the old talent system, give us the illusion that we're choosing things to progress our character and then just put the new talent choices in on top of that. It's like they've never played an rpg game before. Leveling up and choosing upgrades is the best part.

there is no blanket fix to pet pathing.

Yeah there is,, either give us a pet free spec or talent or make a ranged pet. Pet free means you dont even need to worry about it and ranged means the pet will just hang out near the hunter like a water elemental or imp which dont really have pathing problems.

Good thing they're keeping mounts and pets in the armory. Only useful thing for me personally.

I'm pretty happy with the MoP legendary questline. It's accessible, it doesn't require a guild, and it gives a substantial boost in DPS / HPS / survivability. I mean, in what other expansion can you get a legendary just by AFKing through LFR?

Patchnotes: The Warlock class is being renamed to Lanternlock to better fit the tier style.

Really, for me, less is more. Walking around like a giant lightbulb is not my definition of cool or awesome. But I guess that's what xmog is for.

You let me down, Blizz. Sorry, but i'm done.