Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Gorehowl was desecrated to him when he used to it to kill Cairne with underhanded tactics
    That was actually not his fault, Cairne would have won had Magatha (unbeknownst to Garrosh) not poisoned Gorehowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    That was actually not his fault, Cairne would have won had Magatha (unbeknownst to Garrosh) not poisoned Gorehowl.
    and that is why it is desecrated...............

and that is why it is desecrated...............
    I take it it's more from all the Old God corruption dripping from it (or the one made to replace it, seeing as Garrosh apparently leaves it behind).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Model mistake according to the Tweet, but we can pretend that Gorehowl is "undergoing changes" in the Underhold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gorehowl's axe head is slightly bigger and there are spikes on the back of it. It's not Gorehowl in the trailer, though it's almost it.
    It's Horegowl, the weak Gorehowl knockoff. You know, like how FF has Nagrarok and Excalipoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it it's more from all the Old God corruption dripping from it (or the one made to replace it, seeing as Garrosh apparently leaves it behind).
    It doesnt get corrupted it gets copied. And at the point of the cinematic He does have the power of Y'saarj yet. YOu can see in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8BRlDsxz70 that he no longer uses Gorehowl after gaining the power of Y'saarj's heart. He either doesnt want to use it because of his false victory or he no longer sees it as a weapon befitting a "True Warchief"

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't have time to go and take it from Malchezaar that week.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter?

Blizzard slipped up? Are you kidding me with this? You think everyone involved in that cinematic just happened to make a mistake?

How daft can you people be. You know how long that probably took? How many people were involved in it? Why is blizzard always at fault? There couldn't just be a reason? It had to be a Blizzard short coming?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It doesnt get corrupted it gets copied. And at the point of the cinematic He does have the power of Y'saarj yet. YOu can see in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8BRlDsxz70 that he no longer uses Gorehowl after gaining the power of Y'saarj's heart. He either doesnt want to use it because of his false victory or he no longer sees it as a weapon befitting a "True Warchief"
    Which is what the last half of my post was I wasn't too sure, as I haven't been following spoilers because, well, I didn't want to be spoiled

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Blizzard slipped up? Are you kidding me with this? You think everyone involved in that cinematic just happened to make a mistake?

How daft can you people be. You know how long that probably took? How many people were involved in it? Why is blizzard always at fault? There couldn't just be a reason? It had to be a Blizzard short coming?
    Both the Warsong Howling Axe's and Gorehowl's names are listed as gorehowl in the data.

Axe_2h_gorehowl_c_01 is the Howling Axe.
    Axe_2h_gorehowl_d_01 is the actual Gorehowl.

Someone probably entered it as a mistake.

Maybe Garrosh thought if he didn't use Gorehowl that for once he might not get disarmed of it. I mean come on, every fight he gets in with that damn axe he gets disarmed of it. Fucking quilboars disarmed him of Gorehowl. Pretty sure Varian disarmed him of it twice in two seperate battles. One in Ashenvale and another time in Bladefist bay. Like Thrall obviously did not equip that thing with a weapon chain when he gave it to Garrosh.

At any rate he was clearly wrong since he got disarmed of this weapon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

Dave Kosak admits it was a slip-up.

It's a slip-up.

I'm more upset at the fact they don't use real CGI for these patch trailers. We get to see the in game textures for years during an expansion, trailers are supposed to be special, different even.

There's nothing special or different about the 5.4 cinematic. Just more lousy in game models being pushed around, reminding us all how lazy Blizzard is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I'm more upset at the fact they don't use real CGI for these patch trailers. We get to see the in game textures for years during an expansion, trailers are supposed to be special, different even.
    The "real CGI" Cinematics take them a year or longer to do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post

There's nothing special or different about the 5.4 cinematic. Just more lousy in game models being pushed around, reminding us all how lazy Blizzard is.

It was a good way to show off the new Garrosh model (and by extension the new orc player skeleton) and the trailer had impact. I don't think you'll find many people agreeing with you.

I just think your standards are a bit unrealistic. Real CGI would take them ages, and even then, if they keep this quality for the trailers in the future, I will be more than pleased.

Why does it matter? Seriously, you guys manage to ruin/complain about everything in this game. It's a damn trailer, who cares if they had the better looking Gorehowl present in the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    Why does it matter? Seriously, you guys manage to ruin/complain about everything in this game. It's a damn trailer, who cares if they had the better looking Gorehowl present in the trailer
    Hey now, I wasn't complaining, just wondering if it was a mistake or indicative of something I wasn't aware of; maybe something that happens in 5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    this. its this obviously.

However if you quiz blizzard on this, instead of admitting the mistake, will try to write it off and say ''uurmm... thats not gorehowl.. because garrosh already abandoned it before finding the heart and.... oh hey, you guys all get buffs next patch!!"
    Calling it now: We'll soon get a "Leader Short Story" on the official site explaining how Garrosh decided to abandon Gorehowl to use some random axe instead. Just like we got the Council of Three Hammers short story explaining how Kurdran was initially going to be part of the Council but decided to step down in favor of Falstad... and how the whole change was not just Blizzard forgetting about their own lore again, Kul Tiras style. >: (

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, that's kind of a silly mistake but it's not really a big deal for a trailer where you barely see the axe.
    Now if he had been holding a completely different weapon then we'd have something to bitch about. The files share similar names and it was a minor slip-up.

Shit happens.
    Butts.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post

It is Gorehowl.
    Nope It's a stupid fake :P